IGNORED

What's a game you want to buy, but every time you think to go look for it, it's now to expensive for your preference?

Little Samson is one of the last NES CIBs on my wanted list. I almost bought one for 750 a few years ago, but someone else snagged it when I was getting ready to press BIN

I don’t think there will ever be an opportunity to buy it at a reasonable price again, but I will keep my ebay search active for just in case 😁

My last one for the SNES was Hagane. I bought it at a pretty high price 2 years ago, which I thought was never going to increase further as it had been stable for years, but I believe it did increase in the meantime.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 8:50 PM, NESfiend said:

Forgot that you mentioned 4-6 only, but thought of this seeing a pretty poor conditioned mega man 1 go for 300+ this weekend. I always knew I wanted those all CIB one day and knew they wouldnt go down in price, but only pulled the trigger on 2 and 4. Dumb. At 300 for a cib mega man 1 that looked pretty crappy, that set probably stays incomplete for me

Yeah, I have 1-3. I got 1 for 153 from somebody on NA. Funny, that box is also kind of beat up, more than the one you’re referring to. If that’s a 7 mine is a 5. 

I don’t know if I’d spend that again but I am glad I have it. That’s the most I’ve paid for an old game. 2nd place was $77.

• Like 2

Really regret not getting Mario Kart 64 CIB when it was relatively cheap. I have the cart and manual but the box, especially here in New Zealand sells for exorbitant prices when it pops up so it's not happening. 

I also find it pretty sad to think that I passed on Pokemon Trading Card Game for GBC CIB a few years ago because "50 bucks is too much for it". If only I knew... 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

If Half Price Books isn't just greedy (hah) I think seeing a $299.99 price tag on a beautiful copy of Gamecube Fire Emblem for the last week at the shop is any indication -- that's just not happening for me at all.  I'll never justify $300 on a basic console game, never, ever.  Sucks too, got the guide for the game about a year ago and don't even have it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

If Half Price Books isn't just greedy (hah) I think seeing a $299.99 price tag on a beautiful copy of Gamecube Fire Emblem for the last week at the shop is any indication -- that's just not happening for me at all.  I'll never justify $300 on a basic console game, never, ever.  Sucks too, got the guide for the game about a year ago and don't even have it.

Ask them if they’ll give it to you for half that price. Challenge them to live up to their name 😝

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Ask them if they’ll give it to you for half that price. Challenge them to live up to their name 😝

HAH I'd pay that, feel sick doing it, but I would, but $300 f no.  I've made that comment before, staff are familiar with me so they are kind of amused by it because they're stuck using that asinine barcode system the corporate office rolled out like 5-7 years back, they're not fans of it.  They used to be, now it's more like BuyItNow books, or FullPrice Books.  I'm happy when I go in and they let it rot into clearance, manual price and I see one, or my favorite is the corporate barcode is in error and you get one over on the system big time.  Last time was a month or so back, Castelvania Double Pack for 24.99 (vs $100-120 on ebay.)

• Like 1

I knew it probably wasn't too off the mark, their national database seems to when it's updated mirror the paid level more or less ebay does which sucks, means no deals which for me at local retail is a deal breaker.  It means me using my out of pocket money, vs the stash in my online account that's not out of my house budget.  If it were $200, prefer even 50 under that, I'd probably have popped and just dealt with some money transfers.  I'm not even good at FE, tend to get fed up with it, if I were a big fan I'd be more motivated too.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 6/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, BortLicensePlate said:

Harmful Park. I remember when it was in the low 100s and thinking ehh, one day ill pay that. Then JonTron had it in a video and it shot up 

I actually just re-watched JonTron's "Japanese Shoot Em Ups" video last week.

I kept thinking to myself - "Wow, he must've really shelled-out to make this video. All of those shooters are super expensive." But now I realize that most of them probably weren't expensive until after he released that video haha.

-CasualCart

Lots and lots of games have eluded me like this. Hard to think of them all.
Off the top of my head:

Twinkle Star Sprites
Adventure of Little Ralph
Wild Guns
Soldier Blade
Wand of Gamelon (got Faces of Evil when they were still dirt cheap, hadn't imagied I'd eventually want both)
Edward Randy The Cliffhanger
Metal Warriors
Twinkle Tale
Gunforce 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Snatcher (MCD)
Batsugun

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:20 PM, RH said:

I still really, really want this game but I don't see myself wanting to pay more than $350 for a cartridge.  $500 is ridiculous, which is what it's is on eBay.

The Famicom version is like a $50 if you find the right seller. Absolutely no reason to pay absurd prices for a barely localized (they just removed the intro text instead of translating it) version of the same game.

Edited by Sumez

On 6/9/2021 at 10:46 PM, MegaMan52 said:

Oh well, I have CIB copies of the first Bubble Bubble and Rainbow Islands for NES as well as the Apple II version of Bubble Bobble. I also got the Bubble Bobble 4 collector's edition package for Switch last year, so I can handle waiting a while longer for Bubble Bobble Part 2.

As someone who shelled out for the NES Bubble Bobble 2, don't feel too bad about that. Unless you're a NES completionist specifically. I absolutely love the Bubble Bobble series, the original game, and all of the arcade sequels as well as Parasol Stars. And "Part 2" is not a good game. It looks lovely, but it lacks what really sets the classics apart, and gets trite very fast.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:17 AM, tidaldreams said:

I don't really understand this one. The price is comparable to rule of rose, which is far rarer IMO. I even have a sealed one.

Kuon is also a lot better 😛

On 6/18/2021 at 12:34 PM, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

but nothing under $200 for quite some time now.

I know I told you I got both games in a bundle for $100, but that was 15 years ago. At this point $200 for either is a good price considering how nuts every other arcade game has gotten. Get them before they soar into $1000.

Edited by Sumez

Graphics Team · Posted
11 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I actually just re-watched JonTron's "Japanese Shoot Em Ups" video last week.

I kept thinking to myself - "Wow, he must've really shelled-out to make this video. All of those shooters are super expensive." But now I realize that most of them probably weren't expensive until after he released that video haha.

-CasualCart

Haha yup. I know for sure that's what happened for harmful park at least, because I was watching it for a while before that. Really wish I bought it then 😕 

5 hours ago, Sumez said:

Lots and lots of games have eluded me like this. Hard to think of them all.
Off the top of my head:

Twinkle Star Sprites
Adventure of Little Ralph
Wild Guns
Soldier Blade
Wand of Gamelon (got Faces of Evil when they were still dirt cheap, hadn't imagied I'd eventually want both)
Edward Randy The Cliffhanger
Metal Warriors
Twinkle Tale
Gunforce 2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Snatcher (MCD)
Batsugun

I have Metal Warriors and Soldier Blade. It really is nice when you get a game and they are as good as you imagine.If you put them next to the next closest thing say Cybernator and Star Soldier it is insane how much better they are.

Not trying to rub it in just saying, these are worth moving up on the list a little.

Edit: Matter of fact if I was you I would make Soldier Blade a priority. No one knows what is going to happen to Turbo/PCE game prices when the Analogue Duo eventually comes out.

Edited by Californication
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

I've never heard of that JonTron video, and didn't know it existed until now, but Harmful Park has been damn expensive for ages (and probably always too expensive for how mediocre it is). When is his video from?

I watched the video too. I only have two of those games. 😞

Also, I knew Cho Aniki was homo-erotic, but that had me crying. I had no idea it got that insane with the penises. Man, wonder if the team that made that got fired or a promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Californication said:

Man, wonder if the team that made that got fired or a promotion. 

Cho Aniki has like 5 or 6 sequels, so I'm going with the latter.

Since I don't feel much like watching a JonTron video, anyone got a list of which games he goes through?
This is the guy that said something like no one knows who Irem is, so I'm not sure I'd take him as an authority on the subject 🤣

Edited by Sumez