IGNORED

What's a game you want to buy, but every time you think to go look for it, it's now to expensive for your preference?

Quite a few.

Some PSP RPGs; I have like 3 I still need and they all skyrocketed.  I also need a loose Star Ocean Second Evolution (lucked into the case/manual) and those jumped up too. 

I had just casually started collecting PS3 games locally then COVID hit.  When I went to get back in to PS3 collecting it was right before the PS Store announcement and I barely got any of the games I wanted before they were all too pricey.  Not buying into the hype on them until they cool off.

Wi U - I passed on Game & Wario locally several times.  I also avoided Devils Third because of the dumb hype by speculators/collectors at launch and all copies getting snatched up and marked up on ebay instantly. I want to try it but I refuse to pay the going rate.

Castlevania Legends for Gameboy.  Also Wendy Every Witch Way for GBC.  Return of the Ninja would be on the list but I ordered the LRG re-release. 

Gotcha Force for Gamecube. I passed on a disc/manual copy like 10 years ago and I haven't seen it locally since. 

Drakengard 2 & 3.  I have 1 and enjoyed it but the rest of the series spiked.

The remaining titles for my Dreamcast and Vita set.  Nothing too crazy for DC left (maybe 1 $75+ game).  Vita is going to be a beast

I'm sure there are more but I cant think of them at the moment.

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 1

The last few of my serious wants for my PS4 collection fall into that category: Salt and Sanctuary, Shadow Warrior 2, Firewatch. Salt and Sanctuary is the most doable of those three, but it is still hard to justify spending the money on it. The other two I can't imagine I ever will own physically unless the bottom just fall out of PS4 stuff for some reason. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

That's a complicated question, because if I'm getting a 50% discount on a game, I would always buy it since I could turn around and sell it for a profit (either right away, or probably down the line assuming prices don't crash). It looks like Hexyz Force sells for around $300, so I would buy it for $150. But if its market value was $150, I wouldn't pay that amount for it.

Didn't know this one jumped. Not too long ago Shopville sold off a ton of NOS. 
image.png.b792dc2dba4f43e9d2968f144e1693f1.png

• Like 1

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Dreamcast. About ten years ago unopened it ranged at about 50-60 bucks. Back then I thought that was pricey. I just looked and unopened goes for about 300 dollars. CIB ranges from anywhere between 80 and 200 dollars. It's 2021 and I still want this game.

• Like 3

I felt this way when writing my list for VGS Secret Santa last year. It seemed every game I planned to list had skyrocketed in price and they weren't even what I would consider desirable titles, unless you were I to the obscure shit like I am, or had full set mentality.

• Like 1

Sonic Blast Man 2. It is possibly the only JP dev'd SNES game that I don't own, which is sorta my 'set' goal.

The thing is, I hate the main character design so it's been one of those games to purchase without actual interest. This thread had me curious so I checked; no thank you.

• Like 1

Currently before I start looking a bit deeper.  I've been eyeballing Final Fantasy Advance V some, now I have a manual I picked up for a dollar with no game. 😕  6 is even worse, don't have that either, well do have the SNES cart but still...

I gave up on Aerofighters years ago on SNES, it was a joke at $200 and long passed deranged since.  It's fine though, I've got 2 and 3 on MVS. >:]  Better experience by a long shot.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 5:16 AM, Link said:

Megaman 4-6 CIB

Forgot that you mentioned 4-6 only, but thought of this seeing a pretty poor conditioned mega man 1 go for 300+ this weekend. I always knew I wanted those all CIB one day and knew they wouldnt go down in price, but only pulled the trigger on 2 and 4. Dumb. At 300 for a cib mega man 1 that looked pretty crappy, that set probably stays incomplete for me

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

I've been thinking about this and it is odd retrospective into your own logic.  For me, Chrono Trigger (snes). $200 for a loose copy is too much.  I really like the game, and have spent the same amount for other games that I didn't like as much on other platforms.  I just don't have a lot of nostalgia for Super Nintendo, I am okay playing it off a flash cart.  But then why am I spending close that amount on Turbografx games, a system I never had before a year ago??  Why??      

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 8:23 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Wi U - I passed on Game & Wario locally several times.  I also avoided Devils Third because of the dumb hype by speculators/collectors at launch and all copies getting snatched up and marked up on ebay instantly. I want to try it but I refuse to pay the going rate.

Devil's Third is still propped up based on an incorrect print run rumor, crazy. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Is the US version hard to find or something? I haven’t been able to sell my PAL copy since I bought it.

There was a rumor/exaggeration that made the rounds that only ~400 copies were stocked in the entire US. Obviously untrue with how many copies are out there (although it did receive reprints after people started actually buying them out of stock based on the rumor, lol)

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/rumor-only-420-copies-of-devils-third-sent-to-gamestop-nationwide/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1