IGNORED

My wife Denise (1956-2021) :,( EDIT: I can't believe it's already been a year...

Estil

Sorry for your loss and gave you my sincere condolences 

She sounded like a special and wonder peraon inside and out , along with opening you to many  perspective(s) 

And that is like rare , in my opinion , esp in this age ( one we are seeing unfolding )

You should be glad , that she picked you of the many souls out there and kindled your inner flame . And that should be treasured with they many beautiful aspect(s) she revealed too you . . . 

• Thanks 1

We never know when our time will come. Treat every day like a gift and give every person the fullness of your heart.

I wish you and your family all the best strength and kindness in this time of loss. I'm sure she was as touched and grateful being by your side as you felt by hers.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Thanks 1

I’m sorry for your loss @Estil. I can only imagine how hard it is to lose your other half.

We’re just a few short days away from crossing the six year mark of my son passing away suddenly in his sleep at 13 months old.

Mourning will always be there, but the pain goes away eventually.

Me and my wife survived our ordeal by taking it second by second, then minute by minute, then hour by hour, then day by day...today we rarely cry and just have fond memories of our baby boy.

I pray you receive the same peace we found one day.

Be well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

I’m sorry for your loss @Estil. I can only imagine how hard it is to lose your other half.

We’re just a few short days away from crossing the six year mark of my son passing away suddenly in his sleep at 13 months old.

Mourning will always be there, but the pain goes away eventually.

Me and my wife survived our ordeal by taking it second by second, then minute by minute, then hour by hour, then day by day...today we rarely cry and just have fond memories of our baby boy.

I pray you receive the same peace we found one day.

Be well.

Oh yes my grandma (who's been helping me through this more than anyone), one of her siblings died as a one day old infant...I seen the pic of the baby in the casket and even though it was at least 70 years ago or something it's still really sad 😞   I mean to lose your son like that and not get to see him go to school and all those other life milestones, wow... 😞 

Now neither of us were in the military (though her "ma" was a WAVE during WWII) and in this case, I don't think she in this song even got 16 days with her new hubby, much less 16 years...but Carrie Underwood is by far her favorite singer (in fact it was right before we got married that she was on American Idol) and I can't think of a better song/video to describe the situation and to give tribute to her...and the change in her dress was VERY nicely done.

Here is her obituary announcement from our local funeral home in case anyone would like to post a tribute or nice message or something on her Tribute Wall:

https://www.davisfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Denise--Helena-Rumage?obId=21378170#/celebrationWall

Thanks so much again everyone...I'm completely overwhelmed by all the well wishes you and the guys over at psacard.com have given.

Edited by Estil
  • Love 1

A couple more tribute songs for her...when my grandma was playing cards at her house last Sunday (we restarted that tradition the previous Sunday because we both got COVID vaccines now) we had the Music Choice Classic Country channel on and this song happened to play...and I told my grandma how much my wife adored Marie Osmond:

Not so much while we were married but before then like in the 80s/90s or something she was very much into ABC soaps and she was especially into the whole Luke and Laura thing...now I had already done this song as a tribute to my dearly departed Tweetie (our first cat together) for her passing in 2012 and I certainly think the song fits here. 😞 

And yes I will do just this for both my dearly departed girls 😞 

I'm so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. All I can hope is that you go forward and lean on the people closest to you for their love and support. My wish is that you will pull through this hardship as best as possible. My heart goes out to you for this incredible sorrow.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, koifish said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. All I can hope is that you go forward and lean on the people closest to you for their love and support. My wish is that you will pull through this hardship as best as possible. My heart goes out to you for this incredible sorrow.

I'm doing just that, my grandma especially has been most helpful in that regard.  She is by far the relative I'm closest to...literally as well as she's not even 1/2 mile away from my place.  And of course I'll also need my kitty now more than ever... 😞

I can only imagine how it might be come June 17, what would've been our Sweet Sixteen anniversary... 😞 

• Like 2