IGNORED

Movie Debate #73: Pulp Fiction

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

• Reservoir Dogs
    • Kill Bill Vol. 1
    • Django Unchained
    • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I've become quite a big fan of Tarantino in his later years, but I never enjoyed his early stuff, the Pulp Fiction, True Romance, etc. stuff. I mean, they are fine movies, they just don't do a whole lot for me.
He's an incredibly talented movie maker, but he always makes "just whatever the hell he wants", which I have to respect.

6/10 or 7/10 I guess?

Not a popular opinion but Tarantino is pompous and arrogant and it comes out in his films. I was a fan in my early 20s but as I got older, I could just see to much of what grated on me about his own personality in his films.

If I have to watch a Tarantino film, of the ones I've seen Reservoir Dogs would be the one I'd pick. Of the Kill Bill set, I liked vol. 2 better than vol. 1.

When it came out it was pretty groundbreaking, imo, in terms of story structure. I had to watch it twice to get a handle on it. Oh, the days when movie tickets were $3.75 (or a whopping $5.75 for adults)

Couple of years ago, I don’t know how it got picked but we watched at a friend’s house. His young teen daughters were bored out of their minds. Too early for them, now the movie is probably ruined for them forever. Oh well. I give it an 8, I didn’t think it was a good idea that day but generally it is Great movie. Easy to recommend.

What can I say, I love basically anything from tarantino. 

Our second date was going to see the traveling showing of Hateful 8 on 70mm in a terrible snow storm. The drive should have only been like 30-40 mins each way, but the drive home took like 2 hours it was so bad out. It was worth it tho, the film was beautiful. 

Great movie.  Still holds up today and I've watched it more times then I can remember.  I'm in agreement with some others that some of the stories are more interesting then others, but everything still works well together.

Edit:  If Kill Bill doesn't win for next week, I hope we can fit it in at some time in the future (even if it means doing Vol 1 & 2 at the same time).  

Edited by TDIRunner

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I like real obscure stuff like the Coen brothers and Parasite. You probably just watch Marvel movies and wouldn't understand!

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I like real obscure stuff like the Coen brothers and Parasite. You probably just watch Marvel movies and wouldn't understand!

vvB56MM.jpg