IGNORED

What are you currently watching?

17 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Watch Suspiria | Prime Video

Well that was insane

Despite an amazing performance by Tilda Swinton, the Suspiria remake does not hold a candle to the original --

Yeah, the trailer sure makes Suspiria look like a B-movie, but it's actually not. It's a very important work in "giallo" cinema. It's also far more artistic and entertaining than the remake - my opinion of course 🙂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giallo

Edited by avatar!

56 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Despite an amazing performance by Tilda Swinton, the Suspiria remake does not hold a candle to the original --

I still haven't seen the remake, (though I will get around to it sooner or later) so I won't presume to know whether it is good or not yet, but Suspiria is the kind of film that could absolutely, positively NEVER have a remake that is as good as the original let alone better.  It was über iconic, utterly one-of-a-kind and a masterpiece. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Speaking of horror things

I'm gonna do a "Reed's Favorite 100 Horror films" over October.  Should be fun.

So if you have a personal favorite that you suspect I haven't seen (unlikely), I got 3 weeks to watch and possibly include it

You have most likely seen this, one of my favorite films of all time --

513-Htj-PP7-HL-AC-UF894-1000-QL80.jpg

ps The book is a must read, especially if you enjoy folklore 🙂

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Speaking of horror things

I'm gonna do a "Reed's Favorite 100 Horror films" over October.  Should be fun.

So if you have a personal favorite that you suspect I haven't seen (unlikely), I got 3 weeks to watch and possibly include it

Did Pieces make the top 100? 😆

I watched this years ago... and just rewatched it.

It's very underrated. I can see why some people don't like it because -

1)It's marketed as a "horror" film but there's almost no blood and there is no gore.
2)There are no jump scares.
3)It's not an infantile plot, you actually have to pay attention!
4)It's about the atmosphere and journey - there are no asinine one-liners nor stupid jokes.
5)It's a great ending, but definitely not a "typical Hollywood ending"

I prefer The Lighthouse, but both movies are what I consider similar "cerebral horror". And the music is great 🙂

• 1 month later...
Social Team · Posted

Spotify had recommended me a playlist from this animate and I just loved it so much that I had to look into this anime.  Kinda recent one and was nominated for a lot of awards and won a few.  I'm on episode 11 right now and has me hooked to see the final conclusion.  Hard to describe series but it's kinda like Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.  Multiple stories all related to each other and how they are takes time to show.   But yeah, that intro song slaps for me.

Recently watched

Crimes of the Future- Classic Cronenberg doing weird sci-fi body/sex fetish stuff. 

Friday the 13th part 2-cozy! I think bag head Jason is a good version. Harry Manfredini is doing a great job channeling Bernard Hermann on the score.

Fired on Mars- animated series mocking corporate bureaucracy on a Mars colony. A lot more depressing than I expected.

What we do in the shadows - I’m late to this series but it’s pretty funny. Loved the Vampire council.

Wifey and I finished watching the original --

Season 1 Episode 24 GIF by Paramount+

Some of the earlier and middle seasons are just sitcom gold, truly top of the class. I would say the last 3-4 seasons are disappointing - some good episodes, but mostly forgettable. Still, overall a great series. Have not seen the reboot.

• Like 1