IGNORED

If you had this kinda money would you buy this?

Ive been watching his for a wile just to see if it would sell (im sure many are doing the same as me).

If you had the money and more, would you buy this game for this asking price or close to it?  I know NWC gold cart is the rarest nes game on the planet im just curious on every ones thoughts is all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184313884445

19 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

Ive been watching his for a wile just to see if it would sell (im sure many are doing the same as me).

If you had the money and more, would you buy this game for this asking price or close to it?  I know NWC gold cart is the rarest nes game on the planet im just curious on every ones thoughts is all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184313884445

smpratte is the seller, so it's probably at least 2-3x overvalued to draw people into his other listings. He has a bunch of other rare stuff that will probably never sell. He mostly just auctions off people's rare pokemon collections and takes a commission.

Edited by tidaldreams

People who are able to maintain the kind of cabbage it takes to afford that one all have at least one thing in common, namely, the ability to be extraordinarily careful with their money, hence, it's extremely unlikely that anyone is going to be paying that much for it at this time.

If a cold mil. were chump change to me I still wouldn't be willing to fork that much.

• Like 1

Nah. Once collectibles start reaching 6 figures, I question the morality of it all. I fully admit that number is an arbitrary cutoff, but imagine how many hungry people that money could feed.

People can and should spend their money as they see fit and personal happiness should be a top priority. But buying a single, insanely expensive item to make myself .00001% happier when that money could literally change hundreds of lives isn't something I want to have on my conscious.

• Like 3
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

smpratte is the seller, so it's probably at least 2-3x overvalued to draw people into his other listings. He has a bunch of other rare stuff that will probably never sell. He mostly just auctions off people's rare pokemon collections and takes a commission.

i never even looked at his other items lol

10 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Nah. Once collectibles start reaching 6 figures, I question the morality of it all. I fully admit that number is an arbitrary cutoff, but imagine how many hungry people that money could feed.

People can and should spend their money as they see fit and personal happiness should be a top priority. But buying a single, insanely expensive item to make myself .00001% happier when that money could literally change hundreds of lives isn't something I want to have on my conscious.

tbh any game over 50k isnt worth it imo.  personally i wouldn't even go over 10k.  but thats just me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PII said:

People who are able to maintain the kind of cabbage it takes to afford that one all have at least one thing in common, namely, the ability to be extraordinarily careful with their money, hence, it's extremely unlikely that anyone is going to be paying that much for it at this time.

If a cold mil. were chump change to me I still wouldn't be willing to fork that much.

You're forgetting about the case where they're just related to someone who was very careful with money...

Or they just got lucky and happened to be Google employee #50...

19 minutes ago, AdamW said:

You're forgetting about the case where they're just related to someone who was very careful with money...

Or they just got lucky and happened to be Google employee #50...

Fair point, or perhaps the exception that proves the rule....  At any rate, to my knowledge its never sold for anything close or even comparable to a mil so I think there's a good reason it's been available at that price for as long as it has without a buyer.  I don't recall offhand how long ago I first saw that ebay post, but its been a while...

I think collecting is probably only fun with some level of challenge. Anyone can buy the 1992 Upper Deck baseball full set, all 800 cards, for $5, so where is the fun in collecting it? If you're Will Smith and you're so rich that Nintendo games are like 1992 Upper Deck baseball cards, you probably aren't looking for the world's coolest 1992 Upper Deck baseball card, you're probably buying art or coins or cars or wine, things with a "challenge level" suitable to your finances. 

I think everyone does this to some extent. If you started collecting coins as an adult, are you going to seek out, beg for, and hoard shiny modern pennies like a kid would or are you going to collect something more expensive? It's just as fun to gather, sort, and organize all the pennies as it would be $1000 Morgan Dollars, but when you can go on Ebay and buy every penny made in the past 75 years for $40 and you don't have to put in any effort, collecting pennies seems like a trivial pursuit.

But hey, Logic and Steve Aoki is out here buying Charizards and NWC is rare too so maybe someone needs to remind millionaires what NWC was. Because everyone knows what Charizard is and no one gives a damn about NWC besides NES collectors.

• Like 2

Curious if anyone knows when is the last time one of these sold and for how much.

Everyone seems to have the concensus that thought get are rarer, the provenance if these things isn't as high as the grey's so it's worth less. Has history supported that theory?

Nope.

To be frank, I would be putting a portion of that money in either a house or apartment that resides in a location perfect for my wants/needs. A portion of the money would be put into my own business, with additional funds being prepared for future projects/investments. The rest would be tied to me completing my "graded game" goals that do not include Wata. As well as plans where I do things, either solo or with others, in hopes of catching up to the life I suddenly had.

In other words: I had this planned out since 2013. And things like this are not an option.

So... Nope.

• Like 2