IGNORED

If you had this kinda money would you buy this?

On 4/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I agree with you 100%, but assuming you have more than 100k in investments at this point in your life, why does it have to be ear-marked for the purchase of a collectible before it becomes a question of morality concerning all of the people in this world that your money could help?  Just something to think about... 🙂

I wouldn't personally equate retirement savings with buying a collectible, but I get your point. I think saving money for your own future should be a priority for everyone (a la the oxygen mask analogy). So if someone was buying this with the intent of funding their own retirement instead of contributing to a 401k or IRA, I guess that's justifiable? But I'd definitely be scratching my head at that investing decision.

I really just meant that if I had 1 million to burn, I would feel extraordinarily guilty if I spent it on this instead of something worthwhile. And I would judge anyone who did, even though I'm sure that many would judge me for my wasteful spending. My defense is simply that at least no items in my collection were purchased for an insane amount like 100k or more. It's obviously an arbitrary cutoff, but that's how I feel.

• Like 2