IGNORED

TurboGrafx LOVE (and all NEC love in general)

14 hours ago, Gex said:

Right?? Assembler went down too, 2019 was a horrible year for forums. At least with PCEFX everyone saw it coming, nobody was ready for NA being $SOLD$.

^This is pretty accurate. Culturally it seemed to rub people the wrong way when a new members 1st post was something like an ISO for an expensive game. Or someone selling their games way above going rates, when the majority of members just want to play the games. Majority of OG members genuinely loved the console. Share cool finds with each other, talk about gameplay, experiences and memories with the system. It wasn't till around 2008 onward this seemed to shift as more and more collectors began entering the scene, and only joined to leech information and get deals on expensive games for them to collect.

Legendary member like RoyVegas for example. Came in banded all of the members together to help archive what every game originally looks like 100% complete. With posters, boxes, manuals, inserts ect.. People donated him stuff, gave him wicked deals only for him to post everything on eBay for full price and make a killing off of the support of the community.

This is what I love about emulation, fpga systems and flash carts.  People who just want to experience the games don't have to deal with all the exorbitantly overpriced games that might not be really worth it.  I'm one of those people who used to collect, but then it became so expensive it just wasn't worth it.  I do still buy games for later systems, though, where downloading and storing them sill isn't feasible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

My personal favorite console as well, I was that one kid in the neighborhood you knew that had it in 1989.  This is actually an older pic, if you're collecting for the platform please arrange your cib's by color.

863437988_turbografxcollection.png.180c7b34f63b869d6a15ea168091c8d1.png

I tend to sort mine by publisher. I have way more cases back in my country so it's not as impressive here (I'll also include a pic of those hah)

20210510_103438.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 10:56 PM, MrWunderful said:

Thats one of my “grail” wants. I know i could just drop 300$ on a japanese seller, but that feels too easy. 

Late, but wouldn't it be great to have someone with access to Japanese auctions and classified ads wink wink nudge nudge 😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Do they go for less than that?

I got mine for 5000 yen, though it was broken. If you don't mind fixing the CD unit it's absolutely worth it. You could also go for a Duo, those can be had for 7000-10000 if you're patient. Be aware that those need servicing as well (I saw a boxed one for 15000 yen, though that one might need a recap)

Turbografx 16  . I jus ❤  So Much ...1st Time I Seen it . 1st game i Seen Was Bonk Revenge   , Then I Seen my 1st Cd title Valis 3 I Fell in Love 😅, 🤨 PC engine  Duo I said Wats that ? Tom Tbone3969  . Told me Turbografx  dude , Turbografx  is Tha Very Best in Video Gaming .I Then Agreed. Can't Play it enough Now . Love It So Much . Here's this Lastest Title I Jus got ..O yea Ys4 is Freaking  AweSome 🔥