IGNORED

TurboGrafx LOVE (and all NEC love in general)

Man,those collections you guys are showing are insane.

Seeing this really brings me back when I had a turbo grafx back in the early 90's when I was a kid,let my brother borrow it and never saw it again,all I have is the box lol

Would love to get back into it but the prices are just way to much.

Edited by Pikkon

I have a laseractive with both NEC pacs.   My favorite games for it are the Neutopias, Dragon Slayer and Boxy Boy.  I also like Military Madness a lot - but play it on the PS1 as part of Nectaris.

Neo Nectaris is also great - only released in Japan but  if you know the mechanics you don't need to know Japanese at all.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

This is the one I have installed:
https://www.game-tech.us/product/turbo-duo-pc-engine-region-mod-kit/

Pins 15 - 23 are reversed between Turbo Chips and Hu Cards.  The region mod interrupts those pins on the console slot and can  reverse them with a flip of a switch.  The mod is internal, besides the toggle switch, you wouldn't know from the outside that the console has been modded.  

Really cool!

So basically, it's exactly like I assumed 😄

2 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

Ok well you think like me then.  All my local friends always say SotN.  I like that game but they messed with the OG Castlevania formula too much IMO.

Ah, to me the classicvania and metroidvania games are like two completely sepearate series entirely. I wouldn't even consider comparing them directly.

I decided to just put this on the carpet real quick, this is what remains of what used to be quite a few more PCE games.  Just because of my no time for it really anymore, and the now toxic Japanese side of things too due to US pricing and importers dodging it I just don't bother anymore.  Strongly mixed between a retrotink and a PCE (CG2 style) mini HD console and being fine with it.  All the cased games, complete, foam even in there with sleeves.

pce-collection.jpg.ead22f039b8580cb5429d9929aba504e.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Shmup said:

I’m waiting for the Analogue duo to be released before I jump in to collecting pc engine. I really wish I had the spare cash now though to buy a few items because I’m guessing once the analogue is released the prices are going to get more crazier.

Dude don’t wait.  Prime your collection now.  Prices will spike when they system is released.

32 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Suppose I later did want to play cds too?

Ok then the cheapest and easiest way is by far to get a PC Engine DUO that has been region modded.  The American DUO is much too expensive and they are the same machine.  This is my advice as I always prefer original hardware over boutique stuff like the Analogue DUO.  

Although I doubt you could go wrong with Analogue DUO with their DAC combo either, and the video quality would probably be better on it. 

• Thanks 1

Duo analogue later this year. As far as what I see you’re best with a Japanese Duo-rx as they don’t have crap caps and build quality like the others.  If you had zero disc interest then the cod grafx 2.  That’s what I have

i can read a good many of those game spines and wow there’s some nice stuff in that stash. You need to be able to use them. 

id suggest a turbo everdrive but seems senseless for now.  Later this year or next like his md/genesis kit he just updated. The turbo will too and it supposed to get ISO disc support negating the reason for a sketchy old cd drive. I’m going to get that as it makes the most sense. System itself is already tiny like 4 cd jewel cases stacked comparable.