IGNORED

TurboGrafx LOVE (and all NEC love in general)

It's not juts 'hard' it's hard because it's terribly made which is a real shame.  It's beautiful much like how the animators created the more larger sprites for Aladdin on Genesis, so people go nuts over that despite the SNES having the better mechanics/stage design.  DWD on the TG16 is beautiful, beautiful garbage.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's not juts 'hard' it's hard because it's terribly made which is a real shame.  It's beautiful much like how the animators created the more larger sprites for Aladdin on Genesis, so people go nuts over that despite the SNES having the better mechanics/stage design.  DWD on the TG16 is beautiful, beautiful garbage.

Someone needs to hack it and improve controls

Now you don't see that every day.

The other day I looked at my small PCE collection and I started to tentatively price it out.  I'm soooo on the fence.  Sure some year they'll get the analogue device out, and I'm betting it gets JB'd too.  The thing is if I did it I was looking at eating the increased(to a point) cost of the Core Grafx (or less desired TG16) Mini as there's a solid amount of overlap.  Problem is, some games I do care about, aren't on it and no one has managed to properly hack it even still.  Parodius, Twinbee, 1941, Kunio Dodgeball, and a few others would be losses... yet it does have DracX, Ys1+2, Gradius II, Gradius, Salamander, and some others I do own.

I'm finding it hard to keep slicing stuff as I whittle things down to where I need them to be by the end of the year.

Ys 1,2 .Ys3 .  Valis 3 . Lengendary axe 2 . Last Alert .AirZonk . Dynastic Hero . Soldier  Blade . DRAC X Rondo Blood .Adventure  island.  Valis 2 . Bomberman 93 . Bonks Adventure   Bonkds Revenge .Bonks 3 . Super Star Soilder  . Cotton .Lords of Thunder  . Gates of Thunder  . Lengendary  Axe . NEUTOPIA  1 ,2 . RADIEN.  . SUPER Radien 🔥  . N A Turbo  Duo . Plays All Games Hu Cards . N Cds . Thats All U Need ....

30 minutes ago, Air Gio said:

Ys 1,2 .Ys3 .  Valis 3 . Lengendary axe 2 . Last Alert .AirZonk . Dynastic Hero . Soldier  Blade . DRAC X Rondo Blood .Adventure  island.  Valis 2 . Bomberman 93 . Bonks Adventure   Bonkds Revenge .Bonks 3 . Super Star Soilder  . Cotton .Lords of Thunder  . Gates of Thunder  . Lengendary  Axe . NEUTOPIA  1 ,2 . RADIEN.  . SUPER Radien 🔥  . N A Turbo  Duo . Plays All Games Hu Cards . N Cds . Thats All U Need ....

I just beat Neutopia for the first time about a week ago. Pretty good game.

On Wii Virtual console

U Guys Up  here Talking About U love Turbografx.  SO much . U Guys don't Know Nothing  about Playing Tha Games 😂On Tha Real Hardware.  Or Anything  About tha Game itself like Owning a Real Copy of Turbografx  or Turbografx  Cd . Super Cds Tha Only Real Person Up Here is Gloves .   It's OK To be Deamers 😆 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Air Gio said:

U Guys Up  here Talking About U love Turbografx.  SO much . U Guys don't Know Nothing  about Playing Tha Games 😂On Tha Real Hardware.  Or Anything  About tha Game itself like Owning a Real Copy of Turbografx  or Turbografx  Cd . Super Cds Tha Only Real Person Up Here is Gloves .   It's OK To be Deamers 😆 

Haha. Turbografx games play better on Wii than on original hardware 😈

Edited by phart010

Is he on drugs?

I've rarely played TG/PCE games off original hardware.  The few cases it wasn't, Magic Engine on PC and PCE Advance on GBA about the time they added CD ISO capabilities.  Between the last few years and the original time I had one, plenty of games were owned, played, finished.  As fun as it is, sadly it just can't seem to hold my attention super long anymore.  Maybe it's clinging to memories, but, I find it hard to let go of what remains.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:23 PM, Tanooki said:

The other day I looked at my small PCE collection and I started to tentatively price it out.  I'm soooo on the fence.  Sure some year they'll get the analogue device out, and I'm betting it gets JB'd too.  The thing is if I did it I was looking at eating the increased(to a point) cost of the Core Grafx (or less desired TG16) Mini as there's a solid amount of overlap.  Problem is, some games I do care about, aren't on it and no one has managed to properly hack it even still.  Parodius, Twinbee, 1941, Kunio Dodgeball, and a few others would be losses... yet it does have DracX, Ys1+2, Gradius II, Gradius, Salamander, and some others I do own.

I'm finding it hard to keep slicing stuff as I whittle things down to where I need them to be by the end of the year.

I actually got back into PCE/TG16 collecting recently to try to get ahead of the Analogue Duo launch. For starters, with chip shortages and their inability to get the Pocket out on time, I’m not convinced that the Duo will see the light of day within the next year or two. Beyond that, I’m betting the release will spark renewed interest (and increased prices) for games, so I didn’t want to wait any longer knowing that I want to rebuild my childhood collection (and beyond). 

My current setup is a CoreGrafx with SSDS3 connected to a Retrotink 2xPro via an HD Retrovision component cable, so I’m really not missing much that the Duo offers other than better wireless controller options and direct HDMI output. I’ll still grab one if they ever come out and I can successfully beat the scalpers to buy one at MSRP, mostly just for the longer-term hardware reliability. On a related note, I’d also like to get my hands on a Pocket if the jailbreak opens the PCE/TG16 core. Looks a lot more comfortable to use than a Turbo Express.

Edited by pacowles

2 hours ago, pacowles said:

I actually got back into PCE/TG16 collecting recently to try to get ahead of the Analogue Duo launch. For starters, with chip shortages and their inability to get the Pocket out on time, I’m not convinced that the Duo will see the light of day within the next year or two. Beyond that, I’m betting the release will spark renewed interest (and increased prices) for games, so I didn’t want to wait any longer knowing that I want to rebuild my childhood collection (and beyond). 

My current setup is a CoreGrafx with SSDS3 connected to a Retrotink 2xPro via an HD Retrovision component cable, so I’m really not missing much that the Duo offers other than better wireless controller options and direct HDMI output. I’ll still grab one if they ever come out and I can successfully beat the scalpers to buy one at MSRP, mostly just for the longer-term hardware reliability. On a related note, I’d also like to get my hands on a Pocket if the jailbreak opens the PCE/TG16 core. Looks a lot more comfortable to use than a Turbo Express.

Yeah that's another factor.  A few years ago (3-5) I got in just before the PCE stuff got really stupid priced.  The prices before 2021 and 2020 set in went from alright, to where a loose hucard was worse than a complete one in the case.  It was in this weird valley where the value of the loose vs complete made it worthy to keep a loose one because buying the manual/case would be more than a complete one.  LIke I said I really don't know...between just ripping the PCE bandaid off for the last time and enjoying the mini as is hoping maybe it's hacked later so I can add a few favorites, or just keeping it.  It eats up so little space given the system is like what the shape of 4 CD cases and the games I do have don't even eat up an entire one of my small shelves.  I wish it were HDMI, but the retrotink you said, that would get pretty clean, I won't trust TO with their new thing as they're awful, and the current Japanese choice is like $450-500 which isn't happening.  If I ebay'd it pre-fees, on the low side of know what I could sell them for I could clear $1700 so it's not a small amount.  27 games (3/4 of them complete, a few loose cards), an avenue 6 pad, and the core grafx2.  I forgot to add the stone age gamer pc everdrive kit too, another what $100?  Not a small thing if sold individually, which I would, not lazy.

@Air Gio stfu... not a lot of cash?  This isn't a sale thread either.  I don't think you'll find a lot of chumps here with that kind of action.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:40 AM, Air Gio said:

How many US turbochips do you have out of 94?  I'm at 93, so if you have less than that, I'd like a formal typewritten apology posthaste... 😛

• Haha 1

20210503_015249.thumb.jpg.ee422cd61aee1c2f8bec342fe4c6de6a.jpgI had 76 Total  46 sealed . 13 Super Cds . SOLD To Rarebucky. GAME Changers..N I had Turbo Duo US. Version  New zin Box Super New Crispy  Mint Would Have Scored  95 Gold Plus I had it Recapped by Chris Brown.  Sold Everything For $13.600.00  , just Bought  aother US . TURBO DUO $6000.00 . FOR all U Haters . I Now I have 10 Cibs  3 Sealed n 5 Turbografx  cds  Sold 2020 before Covid 19 . I Lost Out .$$$$$$$............

20210503_033126.jpg

Edited by Air Gio
  • Thanks 1

See me 6 months from Now Watch my Collection  be 80 percent Complete.  I Don't Play Wen I Collect Turbo . TURBOGRAFX  IS Number 1 in Video Gaming Period  . 🤨   Ask tbone about  me this is his Thread.  He kno me Over 4 years Now . 

Edited by Air Gio