IGNORED

Nintendoage.net

Otherguy

>_> ok so I just checked out the place and I see familiar names there, but I get a creepy vibe that it’s not actually them.

@Braveheart69 @Quack @acidjaguar @Benihana @Richardhead @Tetris Mattress @qixmaster @Ferris Bueller @Murray @ZeldaFreak @JamesRobot @JVOSS @JamesRobot

Is that actually you over there?

Anyway, my roots are comfy here. But best of luck on the site @Otherguy

Word of advice though, consider changing the name since GoCollect probably has a legal team.

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

>_> ok so I just checked out the place and I see familiar names there, but I get a creepy vibe that it’s not actually them.

@Braveheart69 @Quack @acidjaguar @Benihana @Richardhead @Tetris Mattress @qixmaster @Ferris Bueller @Murray @ZeldaFreak @JamesRobot @JVOSS @JamesRobot

Word of advice though, consider changing the name since GoCollect probably has a legal team.

I can say that that is actually me, and I'm pretty sure the rest of 'em are legit too, but eh, who knows. I'm not exactly active on there since there isn't exactly a whole lot to do on there, just signed up for the hell of it I suppose.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I can say that that is actually me, and I'm pretty sure the rest of 'em are legit too, but eh, who knows. I'm not exactly active on there since there isn't exactly a whole lot to do on there, just signed up for the hell of it I suppose.

Ok maybe I’m delusional because I haven’t slept all night yet. 🤪

no idea why I can’t sleep. It’s 5am wtf.

... also, Battymo of all people is there. That dude left before I joined NA!

Edited by ThePhleo

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Ok maybe I’m delusional because I haven’t slept all night yet. 🤪

no idea why I can’t sleep. It’s 5am wtf.

... also, Battymo of all people is there. That dude left before I joined NA!

Haha, trust me, I know the feeling better than most. Try to get some sleep, bud 🙂

3 hours ago, Otherguy said:

Hi. I found a web site called NintendoAge.net but it's in a different language. What did you think of the site?

That (foreign language) only appears on the first page - it is actually Latin and called filler text - comes from a speech by the Roman orator Cicero and is used in the printing industry to hold space until it is filled by something real.   If you look closely at that page all of the subheadings use the same gibberish.

https://www.openculture.com/2015/03/the-story-of-lorem-ipsum.html

Whatever that site is it is very strange since there is no explanation of what it really is supposed to be.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Just think of it as Bag NintendoAge. 

• Haha 3

What's even the point of it? Some people disgruntled with how things are being ran on VGS? NA purists just trying to reminisce about the past? I honestly have no clue, but from my personal perspective, a nice portion of the original NA community moved to VGS, and new members joined to form a new great community.

Does the world really need what amounts to two forums / communities comprised of many of the same people, dedicated to the same topics? It just seems like a great way to split what remains of the original NA community even further, imo.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

At this point, I don't think there's any real danger of splintering the community.  VGS is going strong and I am not aware of anyone trying to pull people from VGS over there.  If people want to hang out in another place, ok, more power to em.  If people want to be a member of both just to see how it goes, ok sure, no problem.  We should try to be a bit less antagonistic of other forums, regardless of the history.  

Rather than putting my energy into what gocollect is or isn't, or what nintendoage.net is or isn't, I'll just focus energies on making VGS the best it can be, continually improving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The NA.net site was created by a few ex-members who wanted to try and keep the band back together a little bit.  All of the "old guard" as I'd put it seemed to check in a little after it was re-established but it has become a vacant building mostly these days.  I don't see much more happening over there until maybe some of the powers that be have more time and dedication to it and maybe it will slowly evolve into a more active community, but mostly all I've seen is "Hey, where did the playground go?"  (into a burning heap of garbage) "Oh, shit ... that sucks."    

I am standing in as a MOD for any doomsday scenarios, but relatively speaking .... it is a room full of crickets at the moment.  

• Like 2