IGNORED

The 2021 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

I was like, "I'm really in the mood for a western!" and started up Red Dead II a few weeks ago...I didn't even put it on the list and the game is huge 😕

I was going to get into XenoBlade Chronicles next...maybe I'll push that aside in favor of some of these other games first *nervous laughter*

14 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@peg 1/27
A gaming savant.  He must be off conquering other worlds.

More like idiot savant but I'll take it lol.

Anyway, I did clear Zanac Neo on very hard (and normal too).  Once you figure out how to abuse the invulnerability from picking up items the game becomes a lot easier. 

Video is in my post if anyone cares.

19 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

I was like, "I'm really in the mood for a western!" and started up Red Dead II a few weeks ago...I didn't even put it on the list and the game is huge 😕

I was going to get into XenoBlade Chronicles next...maybe I'll push that aside in favor of some of these other games first *nervous laughter*

I finished Red Dead 2, but it didn't blow me away. Get ready for a lot of long horseback conversations, careful rummaging through drawers, and painfully slow walks through your camp (you know, cowboy stuff). Don't get me wrong, the shear amount of content and technical accomplishments are truly impressive. It's just a bit of a bummer when you see all the carefully crafted systems start to break down and become "gamey" when you start to push against them.

I'm picking away at Mega Man 11 under an hour. It's really just getting the bosses down before they use their gear power-ups. The game is quite technical with all the weapon swapping and rush techniques. 1 hour is no joke either. Definitely a few days grind but I don't have the kind of motivation right now. Gonna start picking at Jurassic Park as well. Probably make a homemade guide/map. I saw a sweet JP t-shirt on eBay last night but it was $400. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I've had some life changes recently, and all the little corners of the day that I used to fill with viddy games and chattin' on VGS have all been scrambled up. So I need to reestablish some routines and habits and whatnot so I can get back in the saddle.

As for my backlog list, I'm sad to say I was a little too ambitious BUT I'M STILL GOING TO FINISH ALL OF IT BOO YEAH. I put some heavy hitters on that list but I DON'T CARE.

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

I'm going to be playing Resident Evil 8 in a week,  but I have the two remakes on my backlog list.  Too many games, too little time!

Both of those are on my list too. RE7 would also be on there, but I forgot to add it. How is it possible there are this many good games? I feel like when I was a kid there were like 2-3 per year MAX that I would have considered good. Maybe I just didn't know about all the others? Or maybe I can just buy any game I want at any time now and that lowers the bar? Probably some combination of all those things.

• Like 1

Guests · Posted

Occasionally I will think about my list, and there will be a mental sigh. Man, I've only finished Limbo, which is a pretty short game. On top of that, I was apparently literally 5 min from the end, and had been for several years until I decided to get back to it 😅 Almost feels like a cheat.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder @Reed Rothchild That's a pretty sad list 🙂

It's crazy, this year I've probably finished more games in a shorter period of time than I have ever done before. It's just, only a minority of them were on my backlog challenge.

Decided to compile a full list, just to prove to myself that I haven't been "lazy" 😛
Green = On the backlog list
Grey = Old game (has been completed several times in the past)
Red = Played for the survivor competition

1 Jan - Baku Bomberman 2
3 Jan - Bomberman Hero
5 Jan - Metal Wolf Chaos XC
7 Jan - Bomberman Max 2
9 Jan - Bomberman 64 JP
16 Jan - Yakuza 4
20 Jan - Pocket Bomberman

29 Jan - Cyber Shadow
1 Feb - Donkey Kong GB
2 Feb - Yakuza 5
6 Feb - Legend of the Mystical Ninja
8 Feb - Yoku's Island Express

15 Feb - Yakuza 0
21 Feb - Solomon's Key 2
26 Feb - Kingdom Hearts 3
2 Mar - Blaster Master Zero
14 Mar - Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection
14 Mar - Blaster Master Zero 2
16 Mar - Shantae and the Seven Sirens
17 Mar - Return of the Obra Dinn
22 Mar - Lolo 2
1 Apr - Subnautica
7 Apr - The Witness
11 Apr - Super Mario Bros. 3
14 Apr - Adventures of Dino Riki
20 Apr - Rocket Knight Adventures
22 Apr - The Little Mermaid (NES)

24 Apr - Mystic Quest (GB)
26 Apr - Adventures of Batman and Robin (MD)
2 May - Diablo 1

If all these games had been on my list I'd be well on pace! 😵

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I'm at Disney World for the week with my wife and kiddos and I'm hoping I'll get a chance to FINALLY play Hollow Knight in the evenings. So far it's not going so well. It turns out that walking several miles a day in 95F (35C @Gloves) degree heat while juggling a four year old and one year old is more physically and mentally taxing than I predicted. It also doesn't help that my son insists on waking the family at 5am. 😑

On to Hollywood Studios (and maybe Hollow Knight) tomorrow!

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm at Disney World for the week with my wife and kiddos and I'm hoping I'll get a chance to FINALLY play Hollow Knight in the evenings. So far it's not going so well. It turns out that walking several miles a day in 95F (35C @Gloves) degree heat while juggling a four year old and one year old is more physically and mentally taxing than I predicted. It also doesn't help that my son insists on waking the family at 5am. 😑

Thanks for the translation lol. 

31 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/morimoto-asia/

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Since you are in the area... and if you like that kind of food.

They also opened up the World's largest White Castle in Orlando, I'll go one day... I've only had the frozen ones you buy at a supermarket.

15 hours ago, Gloves said:

Thanks for the translation lol. 

Even though you pretended to unfriend me in that other thread, I know you're still hanging on my every post. Had to make sure it was clear we're still good.

15 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/morimoto-asia/

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Since you are in the area... and if you like that kind of food.

They also opened up the World's largest White Castle in Orlando, I'll go one day... I've only had the frozen ones you buy at a supermarket.

Thanks! Heading to Disney Springs on Thursday so I'll definitely look it up.

Also, I actually did start playing Hollow Knight again last night and made a tiny bit of progress. I still have some major issues with the controls and game mechanics (so much unnecessary backtracking, ugh), but I think I can see it through to the end. It seems EXTREMELY unlikely I will ever really like the game, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Haha 1