IGNORED

Coronavirus response

Link

10 minutes ago, Link said:

Are the politicians and citizens in your area doing a good job with the COVID-19 pandemic? 

My community sent out a reminder notice that the pool area is LIMITED to ONLY 105 people at a time or they will have to close the pool. To be clear this is apparently considered reduced capacity. The pool is twice the size of a pool you might see at someone's house, tops. But we're having raging pool parties baby! Americans are fucked.

spacer.png

• Wow! 2

Yeah our governor has been a limp dick moron other than his stance in March, which got him national praise and acclaim.  If you want to shit on the economy open it with no restrictions while a highly contagious virus with some nasty potential side effects is running rampant.  

I'm assuming we can be a bit more loose with language here, if not mods let me know!

Events Team · Posted

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/20/missouri-gov-mike-parson-says-kids-get-over-covid-19/5474557002/

Pretty self explanatory on how we're doing, I'd say. Breaking single-day records on new COVID cases every single day here in MO. Somehow we're still doing far better than some other states despite that, although who the hell knows how long that's gonna last.

Any other stupid shit governors have said in regards to COVID? I must admit I get a kick out of this stuff.

13 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

It just makes me laugh at this point.  People still don't want to listen either.  Fuck them 

This thing coulda been a great way to flatten the moron curve which seems to outnumber the reasonable people one at this point. The problem is it is so damn transmittable and impossible to evade all the morons.

11 hours ago, B.A. said:

Their lines are all pointing up while ours is pointing down, nice! 

ha.

12 hours ago, Doctornick said:

It just makes me laugh at this point.  People still don't want to listen either.  Fuck them 

I am so sorry that people are not listening to you guys. It’s insane. We are totally fucked. Definitely in the head, if not for all time because first vaccine testing is starting; although I am not going to hold out hope for better than >a year from now before there is any headway. 

Yes, fuck those people and [many more fucks redacted]

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you cope with this country’s infestation of stupidity that you have to face in person and extensively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Link said:

ha.

I am so sorry that people are not listening to you guys. It’s insane. We are totally fucked. Definitely in the head, if not for all time because first vaccine testing is starting; although I am not going to hold out hope for better than >a year from now before there is any headway. 

Yes, fuck those people and [many more fucks redacted]

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you cope with this country’s infestation of stupidity that you have to face in person and extensively.

Just stay safe and continue safe practices are all we can ask for, and we really do appreciate people who are taking this seriously.  I am seeing more people wearing masks here, but only because it's been mandated statewide now.  Too bad this should have been done back in May when everything reopened, but what do medical professionals know 🤬

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Californication said:

A new study of 100 middle aged people who recovered from covid show structural damage to the heart. This was the headline, haven't read the study yet.

If that is the same report I read a story about yesterday, it was that the MEDIAN AGE was 49, not "100 middle aged people".

Included young and old in the group as well.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Link said:

I can't unquote you Link, but we have seen heart and lungs damage in patients of all ages, twenties to senior citizens.  Just remember this isn't a big deal though everyone, you just have some potential life-threatening /shortening consequences from a virus with a low death rate 😂

2 hours ago, Doctornick said:

I can't unquote you Link, but we have seen heart and lungs damage in patients of all ages, twenties to senior citizens.  Just remember this isn't a big deal though everyone, you just have some potential life-threatening /shortening consequences from a virus with a low death rate 😂

Glad to know we don't have to worry..😉

• 2 weeks later...

Omaha FINALLY issued a mask mandate two days ago. 

Today, a local game store owner posted this:

"Republican vs Democrat, White vs Black, Mask vs No Mask, Hug or should I not hug, I will judge and watch your every move but don't judge me, He did it, she did it. I feel a certain way but I better do this because someone else might look at me in a different light. These are all the things that everyone has felt the impact over the last 6 months. Let's face it, it has put an emotional toll on everyone. If you are one party do you have some people that you love from the other party? I am Republican but absolutely love and know a lot of really good Democrats.

Race.. I know a lot of good strong hard working white, black, hispanic people. Really good honest people, I also know a lot of people that are white, black, hispanic people that don't want to do anything and look for a hand out. We humans point the finger or are shown an example in the news about a wrongdoing by the other race and it starts to divide us....Don't listen to that. I have some amazing people from all races that have become my 2nd family because I have gotten to know them for the last 12 years. I also have had my share of not so good people from all races. But what sells? Good stories or bad? It is easy to see a story and believe what you read, but no matter what race, there are amazing people and some not so amazing.

Masks vs no masks. This one is hitting home with everyone right now. Everyone's situation is different, because...... God made us all different for a reason. I have had an overwhelming response to me not wearing a mask at work. I have been constantly thanked for creating that normalcy that they strive for. I have also gotten scoffed at a few times. Me personally my faith has taught me to live a life without fear. Am I trying to be a rebel? Am I trying to defy the odds? Absolutely not.

My situation is when God wants to call me home, it is my time.... whether it be of old age, a car accident, a virus. If asked would you rather social distance for 2 years and have no human contact besides your immediate family, or give out 60,000 hugs, given advice, emotional support, and the human contact that we all strive for and gotten covid and passed away from it, I would choose the 60,000 hugs everytime because I know I made a difference.

Now does that mean because you wear a mask your wrong? No. Everyone's lives are different. If you are wearing a mask to protect or even feel like it helps you protect a loved one you are just as right and just as strong. It means you have feelings. The problem is we as Americans are at a standstill because fear of loved ones which is what we stand for struck home and comes to heart. Don't point your finger at someone if you don't want to be pointed at. When people get down or are at a standstill it is easy to point fingers at another and say it's there fault. Just know hang in there guys and gals, we have your back, and will always be in your corner no matter what party,race,mask or no mask. You want to talk, vent, or in need of a hug you come see me because I am a hugger and I will give anyone that is in need of emotional support or human contact a big hug, but watch out I might not let go."

the "my faith has taught me to live a life without fear"

this one cracks me up everytime. with an attitude like that you can rob a bank...smh. so if you knowingly dont wear your seatbelt.... i mean is that Gods responsability to now protect you from harm? i dont get it... its ok to be ignorant because... God. ???? huh? am i misinterpreting something?

i try to thank God everyday.

i ask God to guide and protect my family.

its just respect. to the earth amd all that is. i dont know anything. it could be aliens. its just respect. im here, not because im so great and have made it but because ive been allowed too.

i dont care if you wear a mask or not. what bothers me is everyone telling me "this is why i dont wear a mask" or "this is why i wear a mask"... congratu fucking lations. fucking a i dont care. lol

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 4