IGNORED

Coronavirus response

Link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/south-dakota-governor-dismisses-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-covid-19-outbreak-as-fiction/ar-BB18Rcc2?li=BBnb7Kz

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem has dismissed a report suggesting the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was a "superspreading event" for COVID-19 that cost billions of dollars in health costs.

• Confused 2

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/south-dakota-governor-dismisses-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-covid-19-outbreak-as-fiction/ar-BB18Rcc2?li=BBnb7Kz

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem has dismissed a report suggesting the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was a "superspreading event" for COVID-19 that cost billions of dollars in health costs.

🙄

4 hours ago, Tulpa said:

4 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I seriously don't understand how some people are still in denial about this by this point when we're this deep in the shit.

I can see why she is dismissing it since this was the approach for the report. It doesn't seem they actually contact traced someone who had/got COVID from Sturgis, but just looked at the trend of the state they went back to, seemingly basing all new cases on that person(s) who returned from Sturgis? I'm not sure how many cellphones they actually tracked either. 

Not saying the event was a smart move, but the "report" seems inaccurate as hell. 

The researchers arrived at the figures by analyzing anonymized cellphone data to track the smartphone pings from non-residents and movement of those before and after the event.

The study then linked those who attended and traveled back to their home states, and compared changes in coronavirus trends after the rally's conclusion

8 hours ago, Tulpa said:

As usual, what a mess. 

Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the Health and Human Services department's new spokesperson

Why is the entire administration a clusterfuck of unqualified confidants?

substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements... or stop the reports altogether.

Cult 45 gives no fucks about lies and obfuscation. Hell if you could even get them to acknowledge it, it would be followed up with “Obama lied too”

an aide to Caputo berated CDC scientists for attempting to use the reports to "hurt the President" ..."CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration,"

I’m sorry the truth hurts? If he had gone with it the first, or any, time maybe this wouldn’t be an issue. 

I could go on but I’ll leave off with the stunning hypocrisy of calling the reports “politics disguised in science”. This is idiotic. As usual.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://medium.com/indica/the-overwhelming-racism-of-covid-coverage-78e37e4ce6e8

... Recently the NYPost (dumpster fire) said: Scientists can’t explain puzzling lack of coronavirus outbreaks in Africa. Well no, they can, it’s bog standard public health. They have excellent scientists in Africa, you know.

... ‘developing’ nations have done remarkably better at fighting COVID-19 than the rich and white. The real story starts precisely where the western map ends. ... The real story is that places like Vietnam and Mongolia have completely kicked COVID-19’s ass. The real story is that places like Rwanda and Ghana have innovated and survived. There are countless stories like this ...

...the western media anoints white Germany a COVID leader, despite having outbreak the size of Iraq’s. They should be looking at Vietnam. Vietnam has the same population, much less wealth and has had a dramatically better response. Nearly 10,000 people have died in Germany, compared to 35 in Vietnam. Every two days Germany has as many cases as Vietnam did total. ...

...countless column pixels have been devoted to abject failures like Sweden, as if they’re somehow a model. A model of what? Killing your people, economy and reputation at the same time? Real models in the Caribbean or Africa are ignored while people debate whether everyone should just get the disease. Honestly, WTF is wrong with you people? Just get the disease? When poor nations like mine have just eliminated it and moved on? 

• Like 1

Asian countries and Africa are tackling it because outbreaks like this are common so the citizens know what to do. They also don’t try and make it into a political debate. The western countries should be looking to them for inspiration.

The biggest problem is the majority of people still think the following: it’s just like the flu, it’s my human right to ignore medical advice so I won’t wear a mask and will go party, I’m young it’s for old people, we can’t lock down forever and probably a lot more excuses I am forgetting.

Here in Australia and NZ we have followed more of the Asian model and for the most part have everything under control. Victoria is still in a stage 4 lockdown due to an outbreak but we are probably a month away from winding back restrictions, all other states have for the most part returned to normal.

It was crazy to read three weeks ago about Europeans partying and announcing there will be no more lockdowns because they just have to learn to live with it. Fast forward and they now have outbreaks and are looking to lockdown.

This pandemic has made me even more grateful for where I live in the world.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yup, and it's made me dislike where I live in the world even more than I already did.

I think the saddest thing this pandemic has shown is which countries value money over life.

I can’t stand reading how Sweden has been praised for their response. If allowing thousands of elderly to die is a success, then that is pretty cruel.

Edit: I read in our National Paper that the US death rate is the equivalent of 9/11 happening 67 times. That really blew me away when I read that because the US response was way different to that. They united as a nation over those deaths.

Edited by Shmup
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Link said:

https://medium.com/indica/the-overwhelming-racism-of-covid-coverage-78e37e4ce6e8

... Recently the NYPost (dumpster fire) said: Scientists can’t explain puzzling lack of coronavirus outbreaks in Africa. Well no, they can, it’s bog standard public health. They have excellent scientists in Africa, you know.

... ‘developing’ nations have done remarkably better at fighting COVID-19 than the rich and white. The real story starts precisely where the western map ends. ... The real story is that places like Vietnam and Mongolia have completely kicked COVID-19’s ass. The real story is that places like Rwanda and Ghana have innovated and survived. There are countless stories like this ...

...the western media anoints white Germany a COVID leader, despite having outbreak the size of Iraq’s. They should be looking at Vietnam. Vietnam has the same population, much less wealth and has had a dramatically better response. Nearly 10,000 people have died in Germany, compared to 35 in Vietnam. Every two days Germany has as many cases as Vietnam did total. ...

...countless column pixels have been devoted to abject failures like Sweden, as if they’re somehow a model. A model of what? Killing your people, economy and reputation at the same time? Real models in the Caribbean or Africa are ignored while people debate whether everyone should just get the disease. Honestly, WTF is wrong with you people? Just get the disease? When poor nations like mine have just eliminated it and moved on? 

Vietnam was at zero deaths and zero new infections for the longest time. And then from what I hear some people were smuggling in chinese people who spread the virus. But ya, they had one of the best reponses in the world. Part of the reason the U.S. response is so bad is because the wealthy and corporations are taking the opportunity to empty the treasury and restructure society. They are cool with what is going on, that is why nothing is getting done.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Californication said:

Part of the reason the U.S. response is so bad is because the wealthy and corporations are taking the opportunity to empty the treasury and restructure society. They are cool with what is going on, that is why nothing is getting done.

I won’t claim to be any expert but I don’t doubt this statement.

I watched a CNBC video today talking about how a lot of businesses are now wanting to get US workers back in the office and Wall Street companies are applying social pressure to get senior managers back. That just left me speechless.

52 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I won’t claim to be any expert but I don’t doubt this statement.

I watched a CNBC video today talking about how a lot of businesses are now wanting to get US workers back in the office and Wall Street companies are applying social pressure to get senior managers back. That just left me speechless.

Some companys are making money some companys are losing money. 

It is a fact that some of the largest corporations are using this time to restructructure and consolidate power and the wealthy are the biggest beneficiaries of the treasury being emptied. The wealth of billionaires has grown by $845 billion in the last six months. Some of the largest company's want small to medium size company's to go out of business. 

I'm not saying every rich person or corp. got into a room and took a vote and they decided we are going to spread corona virus. I am saying specific wealthy people and corporations known and unkown are okay with Corona virus, and influenced the U.S. response to make it worse because they knew they would benefit.

Let me ask you this. Why has Fox News, the most watched news station in the U.S. said that the Corona Virus was fake until a couple weeks ago?

6 minutes ago, Californication said:

Let me ask you this. Why has Fox News, the most watched news station in the U.S. said that the Corona Virus was fake until a couple weeks ago?

Not sure because I don’t live there, but what you say about corporations seems to be the consensus that most countries feel is happening over there. I really hope you guys can get back on the right track and come together as a country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shmup said:

Edit: I read in our National Paper that the US death rate is the equivalent of 9/11 happening 67 times. That really blew me away when I read that because the US response was way different to that. They united as a nation over those deaths.

So... we were united on that day in the face of tragedy. After that, it was a physical attack by foreigners that we could get revenge on. A lot of us had a problem with that and how it was treated like a warmongering opportunity. Either way, what we did was send people somewhere else to kill and torture.

Spoiler

Side note, in 2001 we all united for NYC... in the 2016 primary campaign Ted Cruz disparaged Trump on the basis of “New York values”.

What we have now is a biological accident and we can’t just send fighter jets to go bomb the Middle East. The only way it can be addressed is by everybody doing their own part, here at home, and change some things about our way of life while this is still going on. Well, surprise, not everybody wants to do that. Some  people were mad about it by week 3 if not earlier. Now we are in week... 27 or something. All along the way the dumb dick in charge has absolutely refused to take any role of leadership and has fomented this reckless attitude about freedom. Even in places where governors and mayors do keep restrictions in place, you’ve got a bunch of jackaninnies flouting recommendations. 

Now (yesterday) we have this genius DeSantis removing all restrictions in Florida which is the land of old people, beaches, and meth heads. It’s not getting better there, he’s doing it just because. 

As Quest4Nes predicted in March, lockdowns wouldn’t work because people wouldn’t like them. My response was that we had better do them, and thoroughly, or things would go badly. We disagreed on which side of that the stupidity was, but we were both right. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Link said:

So... we were united on that day in the face of tragedy. After that, it was a physical attack by foreigners that we could get revenge on. A lot of us had a problem with that and how it was treated like a warmongering opportunity. Either way, what we did was send people somewhere else to kill and torture.

Hide contents

Side note, in 2001 we all united for NYC... in the 2016 primary campaign Ted Cruz disparaged Trump on the basis of “New York values”.

What we have now is a biological accident and we can’t just send fighter jets to go bomb the Middle East. The only way it can be addressed is by everybody doing their own part, here at home, and change some things about our way of life while this is still going on. Well, surprise, not everybody wants to do that. Some  people were mad about it by week 3 if not earlier. Now we are in week... 27 or something. All along the way the dumb dick in charge has absolutely refused to take any role of leadership and has fomented this reckless attitude about freedom. Even in places where governors and mayors do keep restrictions in place, you’ve got a bunch of jackaninnies flouting recommendations. 

Now (yesterday) we have this genius DeSantis removing all restrictions in Florida which is the land of old people, beaches, and meth heads. It’s not getting better there, he’s doing it just because. 

As Quest4Nes predicted in March, lockdowns wouldn’t work because people wouldn’t like them. My response was that we had better do them, and thoroughly, or things would go badly. We disagreed on which side of that the stupidity was, but we were both right. 

Thanks for the thorough response. It really gives a on grounds view of what is happening there. I can read a 100 articles about the US self imploding over the virus, but I think your post has given me a better picture of what it really is like living there with everything going on.

I’m not trying to send this into a political debate but do you think if Biden wins it may be possible to get a proper response to the virus?

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

Me personally my faith has taught me to live a life without fear.

I’m someone who used to be very religious and had (still do, you get what I’m saying) a thorough understanding of the Bible/Christian theology. I can promise you his faith also teaches, rather emphatically, compassion for other people and their suffering, especially the elderly, the sick, the immunocompromised, etc.

If Christianity is true, anti-maskers (and anti-vaxxers, honestly) will be held accountable once they meet their Creator. Big time. The Bible teaches that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shmup said:

Thanks for the thorough response. It really gives a on grounds view of what is happening there. I can read a 100 articles about the US self imploding over the virus, but I think your post has given me a better picture of what it really is like living there with everything going on.

I’m not trying to send this into a political debate but do you think if Biden wins it may be possible to get a proper response to the virus?

😆 this is the political forum club, don’t worry about making a debate. 

That is an interesting question and my short answer is no, because the right wing wants to drag everybody in their direction. The real left wing dislikes that, while the mainstream / power of the so-called left wing, which includes Biden, is fixated on compromise. We have seen over and over again that this is never reciprocated and just continues to pull everything to the right. These people love to demand personal responsibility from others, but refuse to acknowledge that they might ever affect someone else’s life. 

Reagan with the War on Drugs and the Welfare Queen and the 9 Most Terrifying Words, tore down whatever notions we had of co-operation and empathy, and it has been pretty much downhill from there. Obama talked a good game but didn’t play it out. To be very simplified that’s the beginning and present of our current era.

Cult45 will not listen to Biden, solely because of their collective oppositional defiance disorder. Nothing else matters. They’re out of control. I’m not exaggerating when I say they’re sociopaths. 

2594B018-9734-4D2D-8D6E-4CDBF5F375B7.jpeg

Why the fuck have I been seeing Vietnam brought up billions of times in this club, but not Taiwan?

Taiwan is not a member of the WHO, they had to fend for themselves. Aside from about 50 (!) cases locally, all the other cases (slightly over 500 by now) have all been "imported", i.e. mostly brought to Taiwan mainly by Taiwanense (either dual citizenship folks or regulars just working / studying abroad) .  There was a situation where one "Taiwanense" hadn't lived in Taiwan for over 30 years, but due to the health care being cheap and excellent here, they contracted the disease and ran back home from their new home of the USA.

Anyways, fifty flipping cases locally, seven deaths total, no lock downs, etc...

Yet people always cite Sweden, Vietnam, etc as success stories. Wtf?!? Then given the proximity of Taiwan to China, and once again that WHO thing.

I don't want to toot the horn of the country I live in, but we are literally number 1. Vietnam can suck a cock in comparison, imo, all things considered.

3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Why the fuck have I been seeing Vietnam brought up billions of times in this club, but not Taiwan?

Taiwan is not a member of the WHO, they had to fend for themselves. Aside from about 50 (!) cases locally, all the other cases (slightly over 500 by now) have all been "imported", i.e. mostly brought to Taiwan mainly by Taiwanense (either dual citizenship folks or regulars just working / studying abroad) .  There was a situation where one "Taiwanense" hadn't lived in Taiwan for over 30 years, but due to the health care being cheap and excellent here, they contracted the disease and ran back home from their new home of the USA.

Anyways, fifty flipping cases locally, seven deaths total, no lock downs, etc...

Yet people always cite Sweden, Vietnam, etc as success stories. Wtf?!? Then given the proximity of Taiwan to China, and once again that WHO thing.

I don't want to toot the horn of the country I live in, but we are literally number 1. Vietnam can suck a cock in comparison, imo, all things considered.

I can’t speak for the other countries but Taiwan is constantly mentioned in Australia as the gold standard, along with NZ in the press, politicians and citizens.

I anticipate next year travel bubbles will be created between Australia and Taiwan. Along with other Asian nations and NZ. I can’t see Europeans and North Americans allowed into our country until at least 2022.

• Like 2