IGNORED

Pizza (the non-political combination discussion)

Tabonga

9 minutes ago, Gloves said:

No but @arch_8ngel is totally right - I'm thinking like "do I want pickles on my pepperoni pizza?". Looking at it as a cheeseburger w/ a pizza dough makes it sound more appealing. I still don't think I'd like it but you've convinced me not to be against at least trying it.

To me it would be all about what cheese they made it with.

Pizza-blend on a cheeseburger sounds disgusting.  (though I already think most pizzas have way too much cheese in the first place)

Another good one to do (that you could "cheat" on by using pre-made naan) would be a gyro pizza with feta cheese and ground lamb.

• 5 weeks later...

Anchovies

Kalamata Olives

Artichoke Hearts

Oyster Mushrooms

Any Seafood

Ginger

Whole Garlic Cloves

Habanero Peppers

Taco Pizzas Also Totally Kick Ass, especially with way too much sour creme on top, mmmmm (Homer Simpson tongue hanging out throat noise here)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PII said:

Anchovies

Kalamata Olives

Artichoke Hearts

Oyster Mushrooms

Any Seafood

Ginger

Whole Garlic Cloves

Habanero Peppers

Taco Pizzas Also Totally Kick Ass, especially with way too much sour creme on top, mmmmm (Homer Simpson tongue hanging out throat noise here)

Pizza Hut taco pizzas are the best!

2 minutes ago, PII said:

Seems like they don't really make that one anymore, or at least near me they don't have it on the online menu.  Maybe I'll just keep my eyes peeled when I'm on the road...

It seems that only certain locations have them. The local one here still does, but I've been to several others in the area that don't have them at all.

Pizza Chains, my all time favorite is probably Hungry Howies. I can always get down on those.

Domino's holds a close place in my heart though too as for a while it was the only decent place to get food from late night (which was required because my job I had at the time didnt let me get home til after midnight, and it was either that or a really terrible local pizza place lol)

Little Ceasar's for their (formerly) $5 hot n ready's.

Where I live now has a Marco's Pizza, and thats alright from time to time.

I'm not a fan of Pizza Hut. It never... sits well for me after eating lol

On 7/1/2020 at 2:24 PM, Link said:

From the other thread

That is the pizza in many cartoons and toys, maybe those are just the easiest to draw, so I don’t think it’s improper to represent over there. 

From the TMNT cartoon opening:

306A25EA-804F-472A-8D9D-967D0AE2B66E.jpeg

On 7/1/2020 at 2:28 PM, fcgamer said:

Pepperoni, mushrooms, and garlic? Onions?

Lord only knows what is on those pizzas (if you've ever actually watched the old cartoons you'd know what I was talking about lol) for reference

https://libertycruise.nyc/packages/every-pizza-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ordered

https://libertycruise.nyc/content/uploads/articles/every-pizza-the-ninja-turtles-ordered-7_lighterfx_80per.png

https://cinemassacre.com/2011/05/19/tmnt-pizza-taste-test/

• Wow! 2
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Okay guys, let's ressurect this topic. It's Friday night for me again, that means it's pizza night.

Usually if I want pizza I go to a local chain called Pizza Rock, but tonight I decided to spring for Pizza Hut.

I decided to go for their latest flavour, released a few days ago, the "cilantro century egg pig’s blood cake pizza" (香菜皮蛋豬血糕比薩). You can read about it here:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4236476

As for my own opinion on the pizza, I thought it was okay, I'd probably give it a solid "B". I felt the peanut powder helped bring it together, and the century egg combined nicely with the cheese. Although I love pig blood cake, I felt it made the pizza a bit heavy, or perhaps it's just that I haven't been super hungry today, likely due to the hot weather.

Also, since I had picked this up on my bike, it was only luke warm when I ate it. I still have some left, so we'll see what I think tomorrow 🙂

IMG20210702173856.jpg

IMG20210702173928.jpg

IMG20210702173921.jpg

IMG20210702174430.jpg

IMG20210702174425.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 3

26 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Okay guys, let's ressurect this topic. It's Friday night for me again, that means it's pizza night.

Usually if I want pizza I go to a local chain called Pizza Rock, but tonight I decided to spring for Pizza Hut.

I decided to go for their latest flavour, released a few days ago, the "cilantro century egg pig’s blood cake pizza" (香菜皮蛋豬血糕比薩). You can read about it here:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4236476

As for my own opinion on the pizza, I thought it was okay, I'd probably give it a solid "B". I felt the pizza powder helped bring it together, and the century egg combined nicely with the cheese. Although I love pig blood cake, I felt it made the pizza s bit heavy, or perhaps it's just that J haven't been super hungry today, likely due to the hot weather.

Also, since I had picked this up on my bike, it was only luke warm when I ate it. I still have some left, so we'll see what I think tomorrow 🙂

IMG20210702173856.jpg

IMG20210702173928.jpg

IMG20210702173921.jpg

IMG20210702174430.jpg

IMG20210702174425.jpg

That is…horrifying 

• Haha 2

When I was a kid, dine-in Pizza Hut and getting a personal pan pepperoni pizza, with a pitcher of soda on the table to get your own refills used to be so special to me. Really sad that that has become a distant memory.

when I was in college I used to really love the Mexican pizza from Bottom's Up in Richmond VA

My wife loves Papa John's: Pineapple Bacon Jalapeno. I agree it tastes great! Don't care what the haters say.

I'm not into pizza snobbery. I'll eat whatever is in front of me and be happy about it.

We get Little Caesar's a lot, because it's decent chain pizza for an unbeatable value that's just around the corner from us AND I appreciate that they are an ethical company making food for the working class. (sorry to make it political)

Edited by G-type
  • Like 2

Man, it's been months since I've had pizza but I love it.  Can't wait to have it again, when I can. I enjoy Pizza Hut for fast chain pizza.  If we're going to a restaurant to sit down and order, you can't beat Mellow Mushroom.  My wife and I actually went to college in Athens where they are based, and the have a couple original restaurants.  The original in Athens is more of a dive bar with insanely good pizza.

I know some people hate it (but why?!) but I'd really, really like to have a legit deep dish, which I've not had in probably 10 years.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I think I finally have seen a pizza that would even make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle throw up and lose all interest in pizza.

Are you talking about the pepperoni, bacon, and spinach pizza that DoctorEncore described?  😄