IGNORED

Pizza (the non-political combination discussion)

Tabonga

Ive gotten away from the big chains honestly. To me theyve become either way too garlicy, too greasy, or not enough toppings. I am lucky enough to have 3 VERY good ma and pa shops within 10 miles of me. For those that live in big cities, 10 miles to drive for me is maybe 10-13 mins. The one I like most is called Studebakers Pizza. They have a (and this will sound terrible I know) mustard cheeseburger pizza that is the BEST thing that my taste buds have ever come into contact with. I sub the crust for cauliflower crust and OH MAH GAWDDDD. Best thing on earth. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Calan87 said:

Man, not to sound like an ass or anything but that last picture looks like the pizza was taken straight out of the cardboard special box from WalMart  XD

That is a really dick-ish thing to say about somebody's homemade pizza 😛

It looks like a rolled crust (which is a totally OK way to get a thin crust at home) and it has tomato slices and obviously-real mozzarella, rather than the shredded "cheese food stuff" that comes on a walmart pizza 😛

• Like 2

Just now, Gloves said:

It does, though.

In what way?

I'd want to use some cheese other than a typical pizza-blend, but having pizza crust as the "bun" for an open-faced cheeseburger sounds pretty damn good.

(maybe shredded gouda)

Would also add jalapenos and sliced tomato.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Anything with pineapples or anchovies is worse than that.

Either is a great topping on the right pizza (and both call for NYC-level floppy/foldable thin crust)

Balancing pineapple with something spicy is always nice.

And anchovies flesh out pesto-based pizza. 

Just now, arch_8ngel said:

In what way?

I'd want to use some cheese other than a typical pizza-blend, but having pizza crust as the "bun" for an open-faced cheeseburger sounds pretty damn good.

(maybe shredded gouda)

It doesn't strike me as being much different than a Philly Cheese Steak pizza and I like those. I'd definitely try it.

Just now, arch_8ngel said:

Either is a great topping on the right pizza (and both call for NYC-level floppy/foldable thin crust)

Balancing pineapple with something spicy is always nice.

And anchovies flesh out pesto-based pizza. 

I've tried both, I just don't care for either one. Anchovies are too salty and I just don't like the taste of pineapple.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

In what way?

(maybe shredded gouda)

Pickles bad.

Just now, Gloves said:

Pickles bad.

Don't think about it like a normal pizza flavor profile.

Think about it like a cheeseburger with a pizza-crust bun.

(also would have added carmelized onions as a topping to my earlier suggestion)

Unless you just hate pickles in general.

Administrator · Posted

No but @arch_8ngel is totally right - I'm thinking like "do I want pickles on my pepperoni pizza?". Looking at it as a cheeseburger w/ a pizza dough makes it sound more appealing. I still don't think I'd like it but you've convinced me not to be against at least trying it.

• Like 1