IGNORED

Pizza (the non-political combination discussion)

Tabonga

I thought I would rescue (just about) everyone's favorite food from being torn apart by the outrageous vicissitudes of partisan politics.

We are talking about either homemade, dine in or take out pizza here (I do confess to always beefing up (although not necessarily with beef) frozen pizza.)

What is your favorite combination*  (assuming you don't have to compromise with other less enlightened consumers).

Mine is extra cheese, mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni and Canadian bacon.   I will occassionally deviate and have extra cheese, ham,  Canadian bacon, mushrooms and double pineapple.

*In the case of just cheese then I guess there is no combination - although I am not sure if just extra cheese would count as a combination.

3 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Canadian bacon? Our bacon is the same as yours

How would you know - you live in a foreign country!!!  ^_____^

It actually refers to what less civilized places (such as England, Ireland, Canada and (likely) Taiwan call "back bacon".

In general, I like the following pizza types:

1. Pepperoni
2. Hamburger
3. Cheese only ("A lovely cheese pizza just for me!")
4. Pepperoni & Green Peppers if I'm feeling feisty 

I can handle some things but I don't like ham, taco pizza, or pineapple. Also was never big on the buffalo chicken pizza.

The best part of pizza is the crust and sauce anyway.

The best pizzas are as follows:

Pizza Joints:
1. Casey's (regional gas station pizza. Best ever IMO)
2. Godfather's Pizza (really good but way too expensive, also was my first ever job when I was 14)
3. Mama's Pizza (another local Omaha joint)

Frozen:
1. Jacks (While I typically like doughy pizza, I love Jacks the most for frozen)
2. Tombstone
3. Red Baron

Also shout out to Giordano's in Chicago but I eat it like only once every couple of years.

4 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

In general, I like the following pizza types:

1. Pepperoni
2. Hamburger
3. Cheese only ("A lovely cheese pizza just for me!")
4. Pepperoni & Green Peppers if I'm feeling feisty 

I can handle some things but I don't like ham, taco pizza, or pineapple. Also was never big on the buffalo chicken pizza.

The best part of pizza is the crust and sauce anyway.

The best pizzas are as follows:

Pizza Joints:
1. Casey's (regional gas station pizza. Best ever IMO)
2. Godfather's Pizza (really good but way too expensive, also was my first ever job when I was 14)
3. Mama's Pizza (another local Omaha joint)

Frozen:
1. Jacks (While I typically like doughy pizza, I love Jacks the most for frozen)
2. Tombstone
3. Red Baron

Also shout out to Giordano's in Chicago but I eat it like only once every couple of years.

I'm guessing that's deep dish pizza? If we throw in crust options, I prefer thin crust pizza.

Administrator · Posted

I shared this elsewhere, but, one of my favorites:

* Thin crust (I like cauliflour crust, but any will do), Thai Chili Sauce, Shredded Carrots, Peanuts, Cilantro, Scallions.

I first had something very similar at California Pizza Kitchen, then made a few modifications to make it more my style.

I love trying different kinds of 'nontraditional pizzas,' as I don't really care for most of the really popular ones.  I can't eat things like pepperoni and bacon, and I eat very little cheese in general, so it encouraged me to try all sorts of different things.

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Italian sausage with red onion

Pepperoni

Hawaiian

Artichokes

Anchovies

Sirachi or Franks

Chicken and garlic sauce

Fuck mushrooms.  The devil's food.

Mushrooms are the devil, but artichokes and anchovies are okay?!

spacer.png

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1