IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

4 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

I googled some obscure unreleased 3DO game and stumbled upon RFGeneration entirely by accident. I instantly signed up, posted a few and started building my collection on there. I wish I knew about that forum some 10+ years ago.

I signed up there a long time ago. Their tracker is very extensive but I remember it being more clunky to use. The forum always seemed pretty dead with posts  being weeks apart

On 8/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, goldenpp72 said:

I have my whole collection there so it'll be pretty annoying to have to swap, I wish VGPC didn't look so ugly.

I don’t pay much attention to these collection trackers so forgive me if this  is a dumb point, but it would be nice to be able to export a csv file of your collection and easily upload it to another collection tracking website like VGPC.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Homeboyks said:

Is GVN dead again?  Looking at Daikatana 64, it hasn't updated with new CIB sales since February 2021, and the value on it has skyrocked since then.

Been dead since September 2021 based on the latest update on their website Daily Stats as of 2021-09-05 19:55:35 UTC.) needless to say don't waste your time just like the owners of the site that ran it in the ground. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Been dead since September 2021 based on the latest update on their website Daily Stats as of 2021-09-05 19:55:35 UTC.) needless to say don't waste your time just like the owners of the site that ran it in the ground. 

Aw, that sucks.  It's always been my favourite collection tracker.  PriceCharting's UI is terrible, and I don't want to use mobile apps.

@Tanooki  Apologies if I'm mis-recalling, but weren't you working on a replacement?  I know eBay changed what it takes to pull out the data but you (or someone) mentioned they had found away around it.

I need to migrate my collection to PriceCharting.  I know a lot of you don't care about prices and I am not largely motivated by that, but I have a sizable collection and a semi-trustable source of values is useful for insurance purposes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

@Tanooki  Apologies if I'm mis-recalling, but weren't you working on a replacement?  I know eBay changed what it takes to pull out the data but you (or someone) mentioned they had found away around it.

I need to migrate my collection to PriceCharting.  I know a lot of you don't care about prices and I am not largely motivated by that, but I have a sizable collection and a semi-trustable source of values is useful for insurance purposes.

If you're asking if I was making a replacement for the hidden API or whatever people were using to track ebay data, no that was not me but it was being done by someone else.

• Thanks 1

I was surprised how 'out of date' the website was.  I was talking to a friend a couple of nights ago and mentioned how Princess Tomato was selling up to $300 where the website had it as 108.  Also Kid Klown was up to $700 and the website has like $400.  Im real curious where the prices are on some of the other weirder stuff but I dont wanna spend all day checking haha.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:57 PM, RH said:

On 2/7/2022 at 12:03 AM, Tanooki said:

If you're asking if I was making a replacement for the hidden API or whatever people were using to track ebay data, no that was not me but it was being done by someone else.

Was that @Code Monkey who was talking about something like this?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

So is this site gone now, and if so, what is the best alternative? I liked the UI and such but eventually I want something reliable for insurance purposes and I guess this might not be it?

It wasn't the last time I went to it just this past week.  I'm slowly transitioning my catalog to PriceCharting.com.  It's not as nice looking but it's definitely got a lot of features.

Anyway, as I move one console-set of games, I remove them from my GVN list.  It's more of a double-check process for me, so it's slow going but I'm almost half way through the process.

That said, GVN does go down a lot but it does always come back up.  It's up more than 80% of the time, and for my needs so far, that's worked.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, RH said:

It wasn't the last time I went to it just this past week.  I'm slowly transitioning my catalog to PriceCharting.com.  It's not as nice looking but it's definitely got a lot of features.

Anyway, as I move one console-set of games, I remove them from my GVN list.  It's more of a double-check process for me, so it's slow going but I'm almost half way through the process.

That said, GVN does go down a lot but it does always come back up.  It's up more than 80% of the time, and for my needs so far, that's worked.

Doesn't gvn have an export option? You could just export your collection then delete the one on the site, to avoid a potential future "oops, it's gone!" moment. 

47 minutes ago, RH said:

I just mean it seems like the site is never.. Updated or anything, it looks like the pricing never changes.

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

Doesn't gvn have an export option? You could just export your collection then delete the one on the site, to avoid a potential future "oops, it's gone!" moment. 

Yes, I have exported it many times.  It’s tedious but I delete what I ad to PC. This way, what’s left is stuff I’ve either miscataloged or I need to hunt down.  I could do it from a spreadsheet but it just makes the info gone on GVN.

4 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

I just mean it seems like the site is never.. Updated or anything, it looks like the pricing never changes.

Oh, no.  Maybe the PS4/5 stuff but I know a lot of Switch games are missed and the data is very hit or miss.  I think they may prioritize what they look into to fix, and it’s not much.

14 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Yes, the site is dead and I haven't used it in well over a year or so.  It doesn't work anymore, yet another thing GoCollect killed as we knew they would.  JJGames is the real hero here for not selling out because we all know he got buyout offers too.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

There is a date stamp on every collection page when it was last updated. NES hasn’t been updated since Daily Stats as of 2021-09-07 19:15:08 UTC

The ship has long sailed. 

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

There is a date stamp on every collection page when it was last updated. NES hasn’t been updated since Daily Stats as of 2021-09-07 19:15:08 UTC

The ship has long sailed. 

Guess I'll need to work on moving things over, is Pricecharting the best one to use at this point?