IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

On 12/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, RH said:

Hey @Magus, I noticed last night (assuming you guys still update the data nightly) GVN didn't pick up this auction for a jewel cased MK3 for PS1:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS1-MK3-Mortal-Kombat-3-Jewel-Case-Variant-W-Registration-Card-Very-Rare-/383869964489?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=vHEts2q%2BjM3djVOdPhmxkjncaxw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

These don't come up often and I think this is an eBay record.

Thank you.

This one hasn't pulled in any games since February. I am going to assume at least a couple have sold since then, so this could be one of those games that fell off when we changed everything over. I will try and fix this one and add the sale. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:40 PM, Lincoln said:

NES solitaire is picking up unsold listings as well as an aus maxi 15 entry

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/Solitaire?gameid=596

i suspect several more of the recorded sales are wrong too but they've aged out

who is looking at entries that get reported as wrong? is it better to stick to that system or call it out here?

Thanks, with your last post and this one we were able to find out why unsold listings are now populating. We are running a script to hopefully net all of these, or at least most of them, and prevent them from coming in further. 

As for the reported games, those are ones that come straight to me. I usually go through every week and clear out the reports. But if you guys feel there is a really detrimental game in there, please feel free to PM me or post them here as well and i can remove them faster. 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:51 AM, Stormarov.45 said:

There are two entries for Chubby Cherub for the NES, a regular one, (which was always there) and a 5 screw one (which is newer I believe).

However Chubby Cherub only came in a 5 screw version. You might want to consolidate the data on those.

Thanks, i will try and merge the 2 so we don't lose any data. 

On 12/20/2020 at 4:31 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

I had the cart and instructions for Bonk's Adventure on TurboGrafx-16 and recently acquired the box. When I checked the box, the value went from $78.64 to $63.63. I'm pretty sure that's incorrect.

Hmm let me send this one to the dev, thank you. 

Turbo is unique in that many listings are CIC(Cart, instructions, case). But there are also listings and games with an outer box. I wonder if this is potentially messing with things. 

1 hour ago, Magus said:

This one hasn't pulled in any games since February. I am going to assume at least a couple have sold since then, so this could be one of those games that fell off when we changed everything over. I will try and fix this one and add the sale. 

Just FYI, I think the game in February, I think, is the last one to sell. I keep an eye out on this one.

5 minutes ago, RH said:

Just FYI, I think the game in February, I think, is the last one to sell. I keep an eye out on this one.

Okay thank you. I know i have seen a couple change hands via FB groups this year. I figured at least another one or 2 would have sold on ebay since february. Must be getting tougher to find and more people are holding onto it, i am so glad i don't collect variants 😅

On 11/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

@MagusI went thru my Xbox games and added them into the Collection Tool and found that none of what I pictured below is available on there.

Xbox Games.jpg

@MagusThe following havent been added to the collection tool from this picture yet:

Splinter Cell

PGR2

High Heat

Forza

On 1/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, Magus said:

Thanks, i will try and merge the 2 so we don't lose any data. 

Along those same lines:

Donkey Kong Jr. Math comes primarily as a 5 screw variant. DKJM 3 screw variants are very rare (and probably expensive). But the DKJM in GVN is populated with sale data of 5 screw carts only.

I'd consider a merger here as well and then specifically call out [3 screw] on this entry's title.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 8:02 AM, Plisse said:

When will we be seeing a ps4 library update? Death Stranding? COD MW? MediEvil? Those are only some examples of the older released titles not yet  added.

GameValueNow seems to have no interest in updating any modern systems that aren't Nintendo-based. There STILL isn't even an option to manually add PS5 games. So don't hold your breath.....

• Sad 1

nes qix missing all sales since last october

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/Qix?gameid=505

nes adventure island 3 missing everythigng from january at least

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/Adventure-Island-3?gameid=20

nes defender of dynatron city missing all but 1 sale since october

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/Defenders-of-Dynatron-City?gameid=174

nes break time nothing since december

https://gamevaluenow.com/nintendo-nes/Break-Time-The-National-Pool-Tour?gameid=104

seems like lots of less common nes games not getting recorded, maybe just go down the list and check them all

Edited by Lincoln
  • Angry 1

• 4 weeks later...

The price of Armored Core (PS1) is way out of whack. Currently 9n GVN there are 4 entries of the same exact eBay lot at $113 that also never sold on eBay. I checked.

Maybe your algorithm is counting posts with "unavailable" as "sold" for some reason.  This seems like a case of someone correcting a mistake eBay listing, but it looks like foul play. 

Hell, just knowing you can easily manipulate your algorithm is foul play enough. 

See this photo

Screenshot_20210222-211903_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-212851_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Angry 1

• 4 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

I'd like to remind everyone that while we (used to?) have direct access to @Magus on here, VGS is not tech support for GameValueNow, or GoCollect.

If you're not already doing so I'd suggest reaching out to them directly for answers rather than posting in here, as you're likely just talking to a wall.

It sucks, but I wanna make sure you're all getting the support you need if I can help it at all, and it's not going to come from this thread by the looks of it.

• Like 1