IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

1 hour ago, Magus said:

okay i added these 2 as well, they were sold individually as well. Might need to adjust keywords once i see how it pulls in.

As for Dragon Quest let me look into it. I don't believe this was recently added.

They were indeed sold as a pack ans individually, the only difference was an outer slip cover though. Can be seen here listed on LRG's site.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/nintendo?page=5

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Sir Centroid said:

I use Brave browser, so whether they do or don't, makes no difference to me. I can't imagine not using an ad blocker in 2020. 😛

I have uBlock on, but noticed a black bar on the site. Inspected the code out of curiosity and saw the ad.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
53 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Would the website ever consider adding a box to check mark games you have beaten or completed in the play meaning? I know the collection tracker tends to just concentrate on the $ but it'd be nice to track that as well.

If I recall, that WAS an option on the collection tracker. I never used it cuz I track via Backloggery, but I seem to remember there being a very basic "I have beaten this game" kinda checkbox. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I want this to be a joke but I can't be sure anymore...

I'm waiting for the day when we basically have a floor for people to go trade daily like the stock market.  I have honestly debated grading some of my modern favorites just to display but I feel so slimy doing that.

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

I have no idea how to do that haha time to investigate. Thank you man.

Edit: ok now I do so that is awesome

Check out Backloggery if you want more in-depth tracking, note-taking/reviews, etc.. It's what I use, but I don't really care about the "value" of my collection, only tracking what I have and haven't beaten.

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, Nintegageo said:

Wow never knew it existed. Cheers man. 🙂

It's actually REALLY impressive that it does. The guy who made it made it solo, and he's disabled, such that he actually codes the site using voice assisted typing. He talks at his computer to type in the code. This shit is part of why I'm SO dedicated to accessibility, I love this tool and if this guy didn't have the tools needed to allow him to work on it it'd just not exist. 

He's actually working on some MAJOR updates right now, too. Really exciting stuff on the way for it.

Anyway, back to GVN. 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2

Seriously, in a free economy, I have no problem with companies finding a way to monetize their services. If the service becomes to annoying (lol, like half of what that photo is like) I'll just find another service.

Regardless, I too exercise the right to have ad blockers. To each their own. And speaking of, does anyone know of an ad blocker/tool that prevents videos from auto-playing when you load a page that auto starts a video? I tried to find one a few years ago and I couldn't find anything accept ad blockers, which only work for ads and not straight videos like on news sites.

Can we get a reasonable default tab when looking at individual game history? Like loose for carts and complete for disc games. I went thru a bunch of nes games this weekend and its very frustrating to have the sealed stuff shoved front and center. Im about to give up and go back to vgpc.

Btw the nes mega man new/sealed history is entirely not sealed nes mega man

For recorded ebay sales is it possible to indicate they were bids or bins or offers?

34 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Can we get a reasonable default tab when looking at individual game history? Like loose for carts and complete for disc games. I went thru a bunch of nes games this weekend and its very frustrating to have the sealed stuff shoved front and center. Im about to give up and go back to vgpc.

Btw the nes mega man new/sealed history is entirely not sealed nes mega man

For recorded ebay sales is it possible to indicate they were bids or bins or offers?

I've considered requesting this feature.  I think it could be beneficial to many for research.  In fact, for many games you can't trust the single number.  When condition gets involved, or if they are rarely sold, these details really help prevent a few extra clicks requiring to load the auctions.  Good suggestion.

Also, I know you recently added many Switch games but I noticed that DQ XI doesn't have any data.  How long does it take for the information to show up?  This one is pretty common so it definitely seems like there should a be a price already.