IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, jonebone said:

Yes, the site is dead and I haven't used it in well over a year or so.  It doesn't work anymore, yet another thing GoCollect killed as we knew they would.  JJGames is the real hero here for not selling out because we all know he got buyout offers too.  

Are you sure?  Could have sworn he sold JJGames to Piko.

14 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Are you sure?  Could have sworn he sold JJGames to Piko.

He sold JJGames yes, he did not sell off PriceCharting. He kept that and keeps adding functionality, like comic book prices and CGC population queries.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Guess I'll need to work on moving things over, is Pricecharting the best one to use at this point?

As you know nothing is truly accurate these days but PriceCharting if you're into web based.

App based (Free) GameEye

My preference is Collectorz which is a combination of Desktop, Web Based and App. It's not free nor do I want it to be because they roll out new features all the time and is by far the most flexible with three different data entry point. It integrated price data from PriceCharting but you can override the PC amount to what you feel is accurate if needed. I have used this now for 8 years and I rather pay the $30-40 a year or whatever it is.

9 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

As you know nothing is truly accurate these days but PriceCharting if you're into web based.

App based (Free) GameEye

My preference is Collectorz which is a combination of Desktop, Web Based and App. It's not free nor do I want it to be because they roll out new features all the time and is by far the most flexible with three different data entry point. It integrated price data from PriceCharting but you can override the PC amount to what you feel is accurate if needed. I have used this now for 8 years and I rather pay the $30-40 a year or whatever it is.

I'm already having some issues using pricecharting, or maybe I'm missing something. I did my NES set and the thing is only calculating 271 games but I added almost 350. I hand counted them and there are a lot more than 271 games there.. Any ideas?

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=kubqzhb467ckc5r6ingcusrhda&status=collection

Edited by goldenpp72

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

I'm already having some issues using pricecharting, or maybe I'm missing something. I did my NES set and the thing is only calculating 271 games but I added almost 350. I hand counted them and there are a lot more than 271 games there.. Any ideas?

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=kubqzhb467ckc5r6ingcusrhda&status=collection

Not sure.  Maybe export it and check? I haven’t tried and export but I assume you can.  Certainly.

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

Hmmmmmm shoot me the name of 2 you've added but don't see

2 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

Also, double check your wish list. Wonder if it may have added them there by mistake

• 6 months later...
Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I knew the prices were whack for some time now but I still liked using it as collecting software. Sad.

@Magus any confirmation here? RIP in Piece?

It might have been nice, but the only really good way i found to track anything without having fear of it disappearing, is by yourself, in google sheets or build your own website, never can rely on people who are just in it to make a buck or what not.

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

It might have been nice, but the only really good way i found to track anything without having fear of it disappearing, is by yourself, in google sheets or build your own website, never can rely on people who are just in it to make a buck or what not.

Yea, I'm building my own, but I had already added everything to that.

That said, RF Generation has been around for years and years. They have a wonderful database for tracking collections as well. They could also disappear but I believe the staff is fairly dedicated.

On 11/25/2022 at 11:26 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

I knew the prices were whack for some time now but I still liked using it as collecting software. Sad.

@Magus any confirmation here? RIP in Piece?

Magus hasn’t logged on over a year, I would imagine he is not connected to it anymore. Or he got really tired of people giving him shit because of the company he worked for

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 2