IGNORED

GameValueNow Main Thread

I know my rights @Gloves. This is an American, Christian, Republican forum and I want to speak with your manager...

(No but guys seriously, if you want to report problems about VGPC then call GoCollects phone number...but according to @DefaultGen they don’t care about games anymore, only concert posters)

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Anyone use Gameye? It seems ok but I'm skeptical. 

I have... it’s pretty cool. The owner has been working on the web version for some time and hopefully it elevates soon. There are constant updates in the app. Prices come from price charting. Technically you can add a game at anytime thru the open source database they get the data from. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

If the GVN collection tool disappears, I dont know what Ill do...

For my money the best collection tracker has been at rfgeneration, the problem is it doesn't track value if you're into that. But I've been able to catalog the most variants, imports etc there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

For my money the best collection tracker has been at rfgeneration, the problem is it doesn't track value if you're into that. But I've been able to catalog the most variants, imports etc there.

How likely are they to stay around for like 65 more years or so?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Stormarov.45 said:

Ya that's what I'm talking about. I don't need/trust the pricing side of the house.

Fair enough.

I'd contact them through the form on their site to tell them it's down. I doubt they have an eye on it tbh. Basically bottom of the priority list for them, GoCollect has moved on from games.

I'd also use a different tool to track your collection, if/when you get your data back. There should be an export as csv tool on the site, last I checked.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, LifeGame said:

Are you sure ?

Why do you say that ?

*not defending gocollect by any means 🙂

B929DAFE-42AC-4407-A0ED-D1E82615A44D.thumb.jpeg.4e3238c5dba3906860635cecadb3d0e7.jpeg

It certainly LOOKED like they had anyway. They were "almost ready to release" their game price guide 2 years ago. Also they moved directly into posters before finishing games. Granted, they can multitask, but Gocollect is a pretty SMALL team, last I checked. 

At the least, GVN is dead in the water. I don't WANT to shit all over the company by any means. But they've not done anything for the site in a while. New games aren't being added. The Collection Tracker has been down for days.

If it was a priority they'd have alerts in place for this sort of thing, and they'd be on top of it. 

I moved on from GVN shortly after GoCollect acquired them and NintendoAge.  Just bitter about losing NA and the scheisters at GC in general. 

I switched to VGPC but the collection tracker layout isn't as nice as Hogan had made GVN prior to selling.  Oh well.  People also seem to like Gameye but I don't care too much for it

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

I moved on from GVN shortly after GoCollect acquired them and NintendoAge.  Just bitter about losing NA and the scheisters at GC in general. 

*shysters*

That word cost me at one of the regional spelling bees in middle school.   I had never heard it up to that point, and my spelling of it was either identical to yours or minus the c.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

*shysters*

That word cost me at one of the regional spelling bees in middle school.   I had never heard it up to that point, and my spelling of it was either identical to yours or minus the c.

It's a word I've only heard and never seen haha.  Probably should've googled it

I misspelled militia in a middle school regional spelling bee and my family, mostly my mom, still bring it up.  I spelled it with 2 Ls and knew it was wrong before I finished the word 

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

It's a word I've only heard and never seen haha.  Probably should've googled it

I misspelled militia in a middle school regional spelling bee and my family, mostly my mom, still bring it up.  I spelled it with 2 Ls and knew it was wrong before I finished the word 

I remember blowing a tire on "coquettish" in 8th grade.   Was only a handful of people away from going to Washington D.C. 

On 4/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

I googled some obscure unreleased 3DO game and stumbled upon RFGeneration entirely by accident. I instantly signed up, posted a few and started building my collection on there. I wish I knew about that forum some 10+ years ago.

• Like 1