IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

1 minute ago, GPX said:

Some of these WATA descriptions just raise more questions rather than make it informative..

I mean, is it or isn’t it edible fiber?!

I mean, either way it's shrink-wrapped AND encapsulated, so ain't nobody eating it any time soon!

I think the true answer is pretty obvious tho. N64 games are DELICIOUS. 😋

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

It's a variant description. There's a label on the back that says the box is made with 78% recovered fiber. This numbered changed at some point. 

Thanks for the info! This is the first I’ve heard of a game box mentioning its own composition. I wonder how many gamers back then would actually give a hoot? 😆

14 hours ago, GPX said:

Thanks for the info! This is the first I’ve heard of a game box mentioning its own composition. I wonder how many gamers back then would actually give a hoot? 😆

It actually (probably) says 78% *recycled* fiber. Eco thing from the 90s (and still common today), boasting about how recycled your thing is. It's on most/all Nintendo boxes from like the mid 90s till about 2002, I think. WATA likes to note it as it varies between box styles, but I think it's entirely redundant with the box style 99.9% of the time (all boxes of a particular style always have the same claimed recycled fiber content).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...