IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

1 hour ago, goonhoon said:

Lovely! May be my next target.

Do you happen to know if they grade GBA games stricter than N64 games?
I literally can't spot anything besides one little corner ding (not even a crease) whereas the N64 Golf has a slight corner crease (and is higher grade).

Here's how WATA determines your grade on a Friday afternoon:

Powerball is getting a makeover: New balls and redesigned studio - CNN

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, goonhoon said:

Lovely! May be my next target.

Do you happen to know if they grade GBA games stricter than N64 games?
I literally can't spot anything besides one little corner ding (not even a crease) whereas the N64 Golf has a slight corner crease (and is higher grade).

A 9.4 can have a crease like you describe. For a game to get a 9.2 like the GBA title then there is something significantly damaged somewhere. You're missing something or the case is masking a side bulge.

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

A 9.4 can have a crease like you describe. For a game to get a 9.2 like the GBA title then there is something significantly damaged somewhere. You're missing something or the case is masking a side bulge.

I think I found the issue. I think there may actually be a side bulge masked or at least some slight creasing strategically hidden under the seam. It's difficult to take picture of things like these but this has to be it. A lot of it is light and the plastic but some damage to box is finally apparent 😄

Edit: still, doesn't seem to be more serious than a corner crease? 🧐

1DA5399D-417F-435C-89D6-3E2B0E3639AF.thumb.jpeg.cd1a46685de6f5cdf1e000a36ac196a5.jpeg

8D3C0833-992F-4CE9-888D-80876D4BEFAA.jpeg

Edited by goonhoon
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 3:52 AM, inasuma said:

2021 was an insane year. First dive into grading and buying graded games. It's been wildly successful. 2022 here we go!

Selection of some of the best new additions to my collection this year:

IMG_5684.jpg

Very nice! I am still waiting for my pokemon collection to come back from WATA.... How do you like Wata case compared to VGA? I got a couple games i want to submit but im considering giving player1grading a chance instead of wata due to their huge delay

On 1/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, iLikePssys said:

Very nice! I am still waiting for my pokemon collection to come back from WATA.... How do you like Wata case compared to VGA? I got a couple games i want to submit but im considering giving player1grading a chance instead of wata due to their huge delay

VGA 100%. Wata is fine but I want to display the game, not the case, y'know?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gosh I remembered when a sealed Mario Bros sold in auction for $38,000+ on ebay. Now theres a sticker sealed Gyromite in auction right now, link here. Man this game is very hard to find sealed, let alone sticker sealed. With 3 past sale examples to choose from heritage. I will take a back seater on this and watch only. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...