IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

Found these games a few years back at my Mom's house.  Must have been games my brothers and I never opened and played.  Got 2 of them graded last year and the Donkey Kong only got back this year (Chose the slowest Wata option and well, you know how it goes).  Probably going to send them to Heritage or list on Ebay or something.  My brother came across a sealed Mega Man 6 he never opened, so at some point I might send that in.

WATAGames.JPG

• Like 7
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, rainingcatsanddoge said:

Found these games a few years back at my Mom's house.  Must have been games my brothers and I never opened and played.  Got 2 of them graded last year and the Donkey Kong only got back this year (Chose the slowest Wata option and well, you know how it goes).  Probably going to send them to Heritage or list on Ebay or something.  My brother came across a sealed Mega Man 6 he never opened, so at some point I might send that in.

WATAGames.JPG

Wow! Those are some great games!!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

On 5/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, rainingcatsanddoge said:

WATAGames.JPG

Damn! You must've gotten a lot of games as kids.  I couldn't imagine getting a brand new game as a 10 year old and being like "meh, maybe later"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DarkTone said:

I've never seen that box before. Looks great. Wonder how that gets authorised. 

I worked at the publisher so that helped getting it authorized. The other helpful factor was that a collector, who knows the original artist, came forward and showed Wata some samples of the artwork, which was very gracious of him (I didn't ask he just did it as we've been talking awhile and he knew that I had this alternate cover submitted). Otherwise, yea, it would of been tough to get authentication, which I why I sent it in the first place.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

4 hours ago, oracleoflosangeles said:

I worked at the publisher so that helped getting it authorized. The other helpful factor was that a collector, who knows the original artist, came forward and showed Wata some samples of the artwork, which was very gracious of him (I didn't ask he just did it as we've been talking awhile and he knew that I had this alternate cover submitted). Otherwise, yea, it would of been tough to get authentication, which I why I sent it in the first place.

Wouldn't be @Bronty by any chance would it?!

8 hours ago, oracleoflosangeles said:

I bet. Amazing piece. Congrats on owning it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, SilentMonkee said:

Got my 1st submission back, happy with the grades I got!

IMG_3668.thumb.jpg.c537550bb63a2df2f597ab552c075a73.jpgIMG_3670.thumb.jpg.e4f87fe7bcd9d01aa123b392ff120290.jpgIMG_3672.thumb.jpg.e5ef590e0f4f31f55a530a033b355e30.jpgIMG_3674.thumb.jpg.825b67e07f6081ecc115b812fc832f71.jpg

Damn, I remember when he was clearing these out on ebay like 10ish years ago (?) under a pseudonym. Should have picked some up. They were still pretty expensive back then.

Edited by tidaldreams