IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Haha! but seriously, I would like to get a Pocket and if I can't snag one of their "highly limited" upcoming sales, maybe someone here whom might have an extra would sell me one? Or trade for one? I honestly don't care about the color...

I'd consider selling you my spare if you can't find an American to do so. The problem for me would be I'd be doing so at a decently large loss due to the shipping fees I incurred getting it here to Canada.

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd consider selling you my spare if you can't find an American to do so. The problem for me would be I'd be doing so at a decently large loss due to the shipping fees I incurred getting it here to Canada.

Thanks, I truly appreciate it. Well, if I can't find a Pocket in the next few weeks, I'll drop you a message.

So maybe it's just an observation here, but am I missing out anyone being annoyed with the glow one, now these where they sell them outright and ship within a couple of weeks?  What does this mean to someone who ended up paying then stuck shoehorned into group C back in 2021 who still hasn't got there or took over 18 mo to get it?  Seems that would cause more than a few payors pretty salty, or what if it hasn't shipped and you're stuck with black and you want see through red?  They ever offer up cancel/refund options?

Honestly though if we could get some Duo news that would be great. You’d think it’d be easier to make Duos since Pockets require 2x FPGA CPUs and Duo only needs one, presumably, since it doesn’t support open FPGA and will probably just rock the cyclone V like the other consoles that only play games Analogue supports for it

Edited by a3quit4s

40 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Honestly though if we could get some Duo news that’s would be great. You’d think it’d be easier to make Duos since Pockets require 2x FPGA CPUs and Duo only needs one, presumably, since it doesn’t support open FPGA and will probably just rock the cyclone V like the other consoles that only play games Analogue supports for it

Right??? I preordered mine the day it was available and haven’t heard anything since. Where’s the updates??

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Got a purple one. I was in between purple and clear but purple was clear enough and I don't want clear to yellow for any reason. 

I was at the dentist and completely missed it. It would be great if they would make enough of these so that they didn't sell out within minutes and end up being instantly listed on ebay at double the price.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the “2D” analogue systems are great because they display the games pixel perfect and to me that looks amazing in hd.   But for a 3D system like the N64 I think I’d prefer to see the games with some kind of 3D acceleration type enhancement like on an emulator.  I’ll probably still get one because I haven’t played my N64 in years because I don’t have a crt anymore. 

• Agree 1

Besides the styling, I wonder how this is going to stand out from the current mod options. I'm interested for sure. 

N64 is different from the others since getting HDMI mod kits for NES & SNES right now is near impossible. N64 and other consoles from that era have plenty of mod.kits to choose from at the moment. 

• Agree 1