IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Guy who only cares about himself doesn't care about 100k deaths

1613404192_Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11_02.15_AM(1).thumb.png.686c3d5c1c322a282573745838b7df7c.png

Idk why anyone needs, or expect a, him to encourage that. Can't we do that as a country?

We just sweat and worship celebrities so much and make the president into one of the many celebs we obsess over. Idk if he told me mourn or celebrate. What's it matter? He's a jackass anyway I thought.

It may not matter to you, but it would have gone a long way toward rallying the nation and focusing on the victims. I thought w was a jackass. But when things got bad to the extreme, he treated the situation with respect and rallied us all together. Pre-corona, I had told friends that if a 911 type catastrophe happened, he'd do the same. In large part because you'd be an idiot not to even if do only care about yourself. Ws ratings went through the roof. But my friends who I said that to have reminded me of that. And yeah, I was wrong. I overestimated his intelligence 

47 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

People in my area are dumb and haven't learned a damn thing apparently.   I was near the point of shoving people away from me today.

That's due to a different pandemic.  It's the idiot virus.  That one is very, very, very hard to kill!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I’ve gotten physical more than a few times. This hasn’t been very fun at all. 

Oh I don't know, getting physical might be kinda fun! 😄  This has to be among the most 80s videos ever (in terms of best reflecting the decade I mean)!

Yeah, Orlando ain’t taking this seriously at all.

Seems like on the 5th they’re going to reopen Disney World, and Universal.

Hardly anyone wears masks, even less are wearing gloves, virtually no small businesses that are open are queuing people out the door.

Surfs up, because second wave is incoming.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Hardly anyone wears masks, even less are wearing gloves, virtually no small businesses that are open are queuing people out the door.

Masks matter, because people breathing on each other is the primary vector. (and asymptomatic people having their breath/vapor trapped helps those around them)

Gloves, on the other hand, I suspect don't do much in practice for the vast majority of people.

For medical use, it is different, because gloves get changed frequently, with every person-to-person encounter.

But there is a LOT of false-security going around with glove use in retail and food service, where the worker is wearing the same pair of gloves between customers.

Would likely be better for them to simply have bare hands and wash their hands or use sanitizer between encounters, since they certainly aren't washing their gloves or changing them with the kind of frequency that would matter for genuine PPE usage.

People aren't osmosing the virus through their bare hands, and they aren't shedding it directly from their hands, either.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Yeah, Orlando ain’t taking this seriously at all.

Seems like on the 5th they’re going to reopen Disney World, and Universal.

Well that's because it's hurting their businesses, and they seem to value profits over public health. All it takes is one good lawyer and a victim of the virus, and bam, lawsuits even worse than losing money because of closed parks. If people start dying because they went to church or went to Disney, and the lawyer can prove that they got the disease at that location, shit will start going insane. 

5 minutes ago, LaytToTheParty said:

All it takes is one good lawyer and a victim of the virus, and bam, lawsuits even worse than losing money because of closed parks.

I don't think so. How many people have gotten the flu from a theme park and had no ground for a lawsuit. Hell, look at the norovirus. It's literally nicknamed the Cruise ship virus. There's no way a customer doesn't assume the risk of infection. 

The only way companies can get in hot water is by not maintaining the safety of employees but I don't know the first thing about Florida's labor laws. 

• Like 2

Just now, RegularGuyGamer said:

I don't think so. How many people have gotten the flu from a theme park and had no ground for a lawsuit. Hell, look at the norovirus. It's literally nicknamed the Cruise ship virus. There's no way a customer doesn't assume the risk of infection. 

The only way companies can get in hot water is by not maintaining the safety of employees but I don't know the first thing about Florida's labor laws. 

We'll have to wait and see. If people start dropping dead left and right because Disney take the proper precautions, there will definitely be some sort of legal action.

2 hours ago, LaytToTheParty said:

We'll have to wait and see. If people start dropping dead left and right because Disney take the proper precautions, there will definitely be some sort of legal action.

Oh they've got that covered.

They proposed to the city (a city which they run entirely since Walt Disney World is in its own city!) that all guests sign a waiver of liability.

17 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

People in my area are dumb and haven't learned a damn thing apparently.   I was near the point of shoving people away from me today.

Yeah it's really bad in Stow/The Falls too.  We saw an outdoor dining restaurant packed with people in their 50s and up, not a single mask in sight.  I really wanted to say can't wait to see you assholes at work in a few weeks.

• Like 1

I tested out a restaurant visit over the weekend. The couple of tables on the patio were spaced out nicely and the staff all had masks.  We were given alcohol wipes to clean up with at the table.  May just bring sanitizer myself.  I won't be going out often but it is nice to have a few places I'm comfortable visiting.

May start twice a week grocery shopping again.  Miss fresh produce.

Some semblance of sanity.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/media/disney-world-open-coronavirus/index.html

Disney decided that JULY 11th is the right time to open the main park, and July 15th for the rest here in Orlando, and with some massive restrictions as well.

Happy to see that they're putting people before profit, especially considering those dates are after the 4th of July, yet another holiday weekend.

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Happy to see that they're putting people before profit

I’m not sure that’s what I would call settling on/announcing a date while the pandemic is ongoing, but I do agree it’s better than June 5. 

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
5 hours ago, Doctornick said:

Yeah it's really bad in Stow/The Falls too.  We saw an outdoor dining restaurant packed with people in their 50s and up, not a single mask in sight.  I really wanted to say can't wait to see you assholes at work in a few weeks.

The Falls wasn't too bad actually.   Stopped at that Exchange and it was a much better experience than Belden; just about every shopper had a mask and was cognizant of other people.

22 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

The Falls wasn't too bad actually.   Stopped at that Exchange and it was a much better experience than Belden; just about every shopper had a mask and was cognizant of other people.

Did the state have guidelines for restaurant patrons? I'm aware of staff requirement but that's it. We wore a mask until we were seated then took them off to eat and drink.

9 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

But there is a LOT of false-security going around with glove use in retail and food service, where the worker is wearing the same pair of gloves between customers.

Would likely be better for them to simply have bare hands and wash their hands or use sanitizer between encounters, since they certainly aren't washing their gloves or changing them with the kind of frequency that would matter for genuine PPE usage.

Facts. You can feel a dirty hand. You can't feel a dirty glove.

Idk, I can only control so much, but until shit calms down another few hard degrees I will continue avoiding restaurants and public places (rarely even do take-out/delivery), and curbside 100% of my shopping which is hella convenient. 

We have HyVee grocery stores, and they have a pretty solid online order/curbside situation, and Target has been smooth as butter on non-cold shelf type items.  TP and Sanitizer have been my only acquisition struggle, with even sanitizer starting to become more widely available (also found TP on Amazon via slickdeals yday).

I haven't stepped into a building in some time, and with people acting like savage animals out there, I don't plan to for a good while.  My main issue is that I have a kiddo that is with his Mom 50% of the time and she is handling all this about the opposite as I am :(.

However, super stoked that the park playgrounds in Iowa are opening back up on Monday, that will go a long way in keeping the toddler content.  Still will try to find the little emptyish ones where possible and take along sanitizer and distance etc.