IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

We have dairy delivery - that is something to look into  (if available in your area)  - and  you can get a wide variety of dairy products - they tend to be a bit more expensive but they are for sure better quality wise, they deliver and you don't have to worry about what is on the shelves.   We have a  standing order but we can vary it as needed each week.

Edited by Tabonga

I was taking the bus home yesterday afterwork and when I was at the bus station there was a young black kid on the phone talking about how he got all the lysol wipes, sprays, and hand sanitizers they could sell.

It was def. surreal hearing someone talk about cleaning products like they were making a drug deal.

Looking back I should have probably punched him in the face 

Edited by Californication

Administrator · Posted

Here in Canada it's been declared that groceries are an essential, so they're going to all stay open. Bars and restaurants and other gathering places have been told they have to shut down. 

As an aside, I've only had my toes in the stock market (I use Wealthsimple) for around 2 years now, and mostly it's been all up with lots of gains/returns. Seeing my portfolio suddenly $2k in the hole is admittedly a bit scary, but I'm going to do as suggested and stick it out rather than panic exit. 

45 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

You can reliably freeze milk.

Also, if you buy the stuff in the paper cartons, it is usually labeled as good for 6-8 weeks with just normal refrigeration.

I was thinking food in general, but I do hope the dude with ten gallons does this.

32 minutes ago, RH said:

You guys need a good laugh.  (Sorry, it's FB but my wife shared it with me.  I don't use FB.)

https://www.facebook.com/JoeGlo78/videos/10105713313780337/

Ugh.  I watched half the video before reading the caption.  Obviously it's a long funnier if you read the caption first.  

But yes, this has been my life the past few days.  

Just now, TDIRunner said:

Ugh.  I watched half the video before reading the caption.  Obviously it's a long funnier if you read the caption first.  

But yes, this has been my life the past few days.  

I'm not gonna lie.  I did the same thing.  But I still found it funny.  This is my 6yo son.

3 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

God bless Tom Brady. Up here in New England he gave us something to distract us from covid.

I hope he doesn't do like Brett Favre and do the stupidest thing a great athlete can do...spend your twilight years as a traitor and join your rival team. 😛 

• Confused 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Estil said:

I hope he doesn't do like Brett Favre and do the stupidest thing a great athlete can do...spend your twilight years as a traitor and join your rival team. 😛 

Well, as dumb as you may think that was, that certainly isn't the stupidest thing Brett Favre did.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Well, as dumb as you may think that was, that certainly isn't the stupidest thing Brett Favre did.

I said the stupidest thing a great athlete can do...not specifically Brett Favre (I was just using him as the first example that came to mind).

Edited by Estil

Administrator · Posted
17 minutes ago, Estil said:

I said the stupidest thing a great athlete can do...not specifically Brett Favre (I was just using him as the first example that came to mind).

But why?   If anything, it's a brilliant little f-you to the team that wouldn't pay you in the first place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Estil said:

The Boston Braves were not the Yankees' rival (in most years the Boston Braves weren't in any sort of pennant race contention), the Red Sox were.

Oh, so when he went from the Red Sox to the Yankees, Sox fans were a-okay with it. Got it. 😉

Grocery stores are out of meat near me, NW burbs of Chicago.

My wife and kids only eat meat and limited fruits and vegetables due to food allergies/sensitivities. I’ve resorted to ordering meat online for a little bit more than my normal cost (talking organic grass fed beef and organic chicken).

12 minutes ago, Californication said:

How are we gonna pay for it?

One penny, one dollar at a time.

But in all seriousness, this is a serious situation the likes of which have not been seen in 100 years.  We really do have to do everything we can (economically and otherwise) to get this coronavirus thing over and done sooner rather than later.