IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

On 1/22/2022 at 5:28 AM, jonebone said:

That's about the actual description of having Covid for me too.  IT was 24 to 36 hours of intense hot (sweat beads) to cold (teeth chattering / goosebumps) and I hadn't really slept in 4 nights until last night.  First time in my life I took I sleep aid (3mg melatonin) and man I slept like a baby and feel great today.

I started the first night with terrible sweats and last night I was absolutely freezing. I'm sweating like crazy today and my fever seems to be going down, so hopefully I just have a mild case and I'm already on the mend.

• Sad 4

Wow, it's like that hot WATA thread in here currently.

16 hours ago, Link said:

Do I need to start posting about going to the grocery store again?

...no...?

16 hours ago, Link said:

Honestly, though? "Fauci was kowtowing to the CCP, period"? You cool to let that lie?

As he fucking clicks the ♥️ on guillavoie's comment saying this ain't the politics place? He knows exactly what he's doing. As usual.

I'll be on that shit tagging mods and reporting like a bulldog for any future occurrences

I didn't take the bait, and ignored and rolled my eyes at the comment versus getting into that discussion.  There's a difference between taking a stance on someone involved in the pandemic and their actions/policies that can be seen as political (but being both political and relevant to the topic) and just drilling people personally, again and again, for their views, without actually, you know, discussing those views beyond "YOU'RE WRONG AND A FOOL AND A LIAR FOR THINKING THAT" (paraphrased, obviously, lol).  @fcgamer is allowed his relevant-to-the-topic-but-also-political beliefs whether I or anyone else agrees, and if someone had actually engaged on that topic versus putting him and someone else on total blast, I'd never never rolled my eyes so hard I got pissed off and started typing.  If you see something that you think is actually breaking the rules, send a report, that's what it's there for.

16 hours ago, doner24 said:

Ok, everybody take a deep breath. The pandemic has been hard on everyone, no need to make it even more stressful by fighting about it on here. Please keep it classy so we don’t need to lock it. Thanks 

Any chance at just putting troublemakers alone in "time out" versus ruining the party for everybody?

15 hours ago, fcgamer said:

While those masks are better than nothing (same with any sort of covering), there's a point where it's like tying a napkin onto the end of your penis and using it as birth control. If it's all you have, it might be better than nothing, but it wouldn't be very efficient at all. That was my point, and I think we're at the stage where we should be wearing the sort of masks that have been proven to work.

Ok, while you're not wrong here, as something literally is better than nothing, you're still missing the actual point of the masks.  Unless you're literally cut off from an outside air supply, there isn't currently a mask in existence that will protect YOU from OTHER PEOPLE.  As the phrase common in the US goes, "your mask protects me, and my mask protects you."  They're meant for you to keep your moisture particles right up against your nose and mouth, with whatever is in them staying at home, versus flying off into the air in general where people near you might breathe them in.  So if everybody wears a mask, nobody can breathe in anybody else's germs, and thus the pandemic ends the moment the last victim is quarrantined and the last free floating or settled germ particles die where they are.  There was a huge misconception at the beginning of this that masks would protect the wearer, and somehow that has managed to perpetuate.  Even in this very thread, where I've spoken to counter it in the last day, as well as multiple times in the past, at least.

12 hours ago, OptOut said:

Can the virus be contained forever? Probably not.

Doesn't need to be, we really just need to keep people from giving it to one another for 2-3 weeks, and it would be over just like that.

8 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Fair enough. That is my bad. So im curious why “Fauci is in the pocket of the ccp” is allowed in a non political thread?  It looks like its ambiguous enough, but of course someone had to call me out on my phrasing. Everyone knew what I meant though. 

@darkchylde28 Im not actually reading that lol. You make up for missing the point by writing words. Somehow, I have been spewing unsupported facts, when this whole thing has been about me asking people to defend their conspiracy theories. Full stop. The rest of the back and forth is because people started personally attacking me, which I dont lose sleep over, but I will troll back. Its just weird how obsessed you are with me being proud to be from CA, because i agree with most of what you said about the virus and masks. 

@Tanooki defend what you said like a man. Ignoring me and saying I am in the CCP? That is clown shit lol. Stop being obsessed with fauci and I will stop quoting you. 

So to end this back-and-forth, just so everybody knows in this thread if you come here with bullshit conspiracy theories be prepared to be called out on them. If that’s a problem moderators let me know.

Of course you wouldn't read any replies from anyone with the balls and deep, deep patience to actually stand up to you.  You're acting like a damned bully, attacking the posters instead of their points, bringing up any little imperfection in other folks' posts as some way to "defeat" whatever they're arguing (and really, moreso just to self-validate, I'd wager).  Remember how you told me the other two I mentioned would point out some random grammatical error I made?  Guess who was the only person to be so anal about it that they thought that somehow mattered, and was pertinent to the discussion or argument?  If you wanted to take apart someone's belief that Fauci was in China's pocket or his policies were bad and had the facts to do so, you should have.  Instead, you acted like a hormone raging teenager and put down the poster(s), attacked politics versus offering a differing viewpoint and actual facts to back them up.  Seriously, it's time to grow up.

7 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Oh and @darkchylde28 here is your proof :

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/business/media/fox-anthony-fauci-jesse-watters.html

Normally I wouldn’t bother, but since you do put effort into your posts I will respond with 15 seconds of googling.

Saying “but I don’t watch Fox News!!!” is irrelevant if you were still regurgitating the same thing they are saying.

Hopefully Now we get to see the proof of this massive government conspiracy where Fauci is profiting off telling us to wear masks from the CCP.

Just for fun, hers some more about Fox News misinformation and how it spreads

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/11/08/unique-role-fox-news-misinformation-universe/

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-media-misinformation-health-b59e98ca50f37ddeea217903915a53fc

Proof of what?  I'm not doing your homework for you.  If you actually want to enter the realm of actual, factual, reasonable discussion, good on you, but it's on you to go back and quote the relevant posts, then provide links, facts, etc., to combat whatever points you actually disagree with.  Shouting (paraphrasing) "You're wrong, you watch Fox News and would never make it in California" is not the earth-shattering legal argument that you believe it is.  If someone doesn't watch Fox News but believes the same sort of thing they post, it's absolutely possible to have gotten to the same spot by traveling two different paths.  The fact that you can't begin to imagine that speaks volumes to me (and, I imagine, others).

43 minutes ago, Estil said:

I don't know how much if anything this has to do with covid but is anyone else here noticing it's getting much harder to find freedom fries?  They were almost all gone last time I went to the store 😞

Apparently there's a bit of a potato shortage going on across the world, in part due to weather in some regions, and in part to shipping issues in others.  I was reading about that a bit last night when I saw a clickbait headline about how McDonald's was starting to remove large fries as an option, and it turned out that was in several Asian countries/regions due to such shortages.  It seems Japan gets its potatoes via ship from the US, so the huge shipping mess going on right now has left them shorthanded, while places like Malaysia haven't been able to get them from their normal sources due to weather related issues which screwed up harvests.  With that news getting spread wider and farther, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the bulk TP buyers didn't suddenly corner the market on frozen spuds as well.

• Agree 1

I used to engage the discussion on that topic as people took issue with responses from the authorities. I agree that this really shouldn't be a political topic, but a certain angry contingent (non-exclusive to this forum) decided to make it such and, in my opinion, prolonged things for all of us. 

Maybe things got heated but it was on that topic and we had to cool it, and so there really was nothing else to talk about in May of 2020 except for how much toilet paper there was or wasn't at the store. So I talked about that. Spoiler: it was usually there in my area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Estil said:

I don't know how much if anything this has to do with covid but is anyone else here noticing it's getting much harder to find freedom fries?  They were almost all gone last time I went to the store 😞

Freedom fries? What is this, 2003?

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

@darkchylde28 dude are you high? You told me to bring the receipts and I did, About tanooki parroting right wing talking points.

I don’t need to show up with proof that Fauci isn’t working for the CCP because it’s fucking bullshit. I dont want proof from you, you didnt make the statement LOL

Like I said before, if someone makes an obvious untrue and ridiculous statement, there is nothing that I need to do to prove it wrong.   I can tell them to show up with proof, Although I know that that’s never going to happen – so I’ll settle for the W right there. 

I dont even know what your complaints are anymore, you are mad at me because I asked someone to show proof of a statement? And Im a bully? What are you 10 years old?  Time to buck up, buckaroo. 

You are literally getting lost in your own TL:dr 😂😂😂

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Link said:

Although I'm sure the hospitals are short-staffed and overwhelmed, I'd like to see some articles showing the severity of the recent disease, the amount of people that end up hospitalized to begin with, etc.

Everything that I have seen has shown that hospitalizations are much shorter than a few years back, symptoms are much, much less severe, people aren't as likely to end up on ventilators, etc.

Enough with the fear stories, I want to see facts.

• Agree 2

Social Team · Posted
41 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Although I'm sure the hospitals are short-staffed and overwhelmed, I'd like to see some articles showing the severity of the recent disease, the amount of people that end up hospitalized to begin with, etc.

Everything that I have seen has shown that hospitalizations are much shorter than a few years back, symptoms are much, much less severe, people aren't as likely to end up on ventilators, etc.

image.png.db54e2812a6c2fe6c9dccc8dd9517c54.png

COVID-19 Incidence and Death Rates Among Unvaccinated and Fully Vaccinated Adults with and Without Booster Doses During Periods of Delta and Omicron Variant Emergence — 25 U.S. Jurisdictions, April 4–December 25, 2021

It's not hard to find the data.....all data points to vaccines HELP prevent the spread of  ALL variants of COVID-19, HELP prevent hospitalization for ALL variants of COVID-19, and HELP prevent deaths from ALL variants of COVID-19.  I know screen shot doesn't have the hospitalization but I know it's true for that too based on reports I've listen to on NPR. 

TL:DR.....

image.png.197c65bbcea6214c82fc6f1b83450025.png

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Estil said:

Well I think it's cute and I knew it'd aggravate some of ya 😄 

And hey the second best moment of my life happened on that year!

Not aggravated, just wondering what timewarp you fell into.

Anyway, buy Apple stocks.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

image.png.db54e2812a6c2fe6c9dccc8dd9517c54.png

COVID-19 Incidence and Death Rates Among Unvaccinated and Fully Vaccinated Adults with and Without Booster Doses During Periods of Delta and Omicron Variant Emergence — 25 U.S. Jurisdictions, April 4–December 25, 2021

It's not hard to find the data.....all data points to vaccines HELP prevent the spread of  ALL variants of COVID-19, HELP prevent hospitalization for ALL variants of COVID-19, and HELP prevent deaths from ALL variants of COVID-19.  I know screen shot doesn't have the hospitalization but I know it's true for that too based on reports I've listen to on NPR. 

TL:DR.....

image.png.197c65bbcea6214c82fc6f1b83450025.png

I'm already on the vaccine train, you're preaching to the choir with that.

My point is that from all articles I have read and seen, due to omnicron being more infectious, it's less severe. We also have more information about the virus at this point in time, a large portion of people aren't ending up on ventilators and dying. Furthermore, those who want to be vaxxed at this point mostly are. 

The article Link posted highlights a real problem, but the problem is that hospital staff and doctors are quitting en masse, I imagine if we looked at other fields such as pilots, and possibly teachers, we'd also see large amounts of folks leaving the industry.

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Oh well, I've said my piece,

Have you really? 

Total shit for brains short-sighted attitudes as always

Is that anything like people who refused to go along with with restrictions 22 months ago and are still railing against them and have been bitching about politicians and assorted agencies and freedom the whole time? (As I watch commercials on TV promising to "save" us from the current "radical leftist" governor and mayor)

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

As noted above by FH, the information exists. I'll provide additional when you

20 hours ago, fcgamer said:

take a picture if I can remember, if I see one in a shop. 

and another picture of you

20 hours ago, fcgamer said:

tying a napkin onto the end of your penis and using it as birth control.

why are we letting folks into the country to risk overflowing our hospitals, anyways?  

Well, there's a good goddamn question. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Link said:

Is that anything like people who refused to go along with with restrictions 22 months ago and are still railing against them and have been bitching about politicians and assorted agencies and freedom the whole time? (As I watch commercials on TV promising to "save" us from the current "radical leftist" governor and mayor

Apples to mangoes, but I feel the same way about those dumbos too.

The situation that is currently happening where I am is akin to if every American with German ancestry flew over to Germany during the Christmas holiday and were let in, despite growing up in / living in the States for decades. Then to top it off, the German government says only these "Germans" can come into the country, the borders are closed to everyone else.

Everyone goes nuts over the holidays, spreading the disease that they brought in, and then they leave again after the holidays, forcing the government to lockdown again, hitting the same hapless folks in certain industries again.

And what would have been gained from it all? A couple nice family dinners, a week of celebration in exchange for outbreaks out the ass.

It's nuts, short-sighted, and everyone knows it. Unless the government accepts a non-zero case policy, they're setting themselves up for a big mess. 

• Agree 1

I mean, if you know that you were to have a 95% chance of contracting aids from having sex with person "A", would you do it?  The situation here is extremely similar, the policies in place were made knowing that after the holidays there is an excellent chance the island will be in lockdown.

Why not try to prevent it from getting to this point if you know the current policies will likely bring it about?

Idiots.

11 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Why not try to prevent it from getting to this point if you know the current policies will likely bring it about?

So you're in favor of restrictions? So am I, have been the whole way, kudos to Taiwan for early action curbing the spread. What's going on there now, I can't speak to. 

9 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

In the end such policies just act as breeding grounds for intolerance, hatred, and prejudice. 

I can't square all of your statements regarding China together, I know their government is assholes, beyond that I don't care. 

3 minutes ago, Link said:

So you're in favor of restrictions? So am I, have been the whole way, kudos to Taiwan for early action curbing the spread. What's going on there now, I can't speak to. 

I can't square all of your statements regarding China together, I know their government is assholes, beyond that I don't care. 

I'm not referring to China in the last part you quoted, regarding breeding intolerance, I'm referring to Taiwan policies, though I'm sure it's similar in some other countries.

@darkchylde28 dude are you high? You told me to bring the receipts and I did, About tanooki parroting right wing talking points.

No, I pointed out that you started personally attacking him about how he "watched Fox News," then denied that.  Whether he holds the same beliefs as folks on that particular channela and/or news site is irrelevant.  Attack the validity of the talking points, not the guy personally, or for where he does or does not choose to get his news.  No such receipts on that.  I didn't say you were wrong in pointing out that what he was talking about aligned with far right wing talking points, but instead about how you attacked him and his presumed politics versus the validity of the talking points (which is really what should have offended you, but it seems like the whole package set you aflame).

I don’t need to show up with proof that Fauci isn’t working for the CCP because it’s fucking bullshit. I dont want proof from you, you didnt make the statement LOL

I mean, if you don't try to take it literally, but look at it metaphorically, then yeah, at at least one point during this whole thing, I could see an argument being made that Fauci was in the pocket of the CCP.  Why?  Because there's stuff on record about him admitting to soft pedaling where he thought it came from, then flip flopping on that shit like a year or so later.  Here's the receipts.  Denying that it could have come from a lab, especially one from China, at the beginning of this whole thing really only helped China, and nobody else.  It allowed people to go to and from the country (both local Chinese as well as those from other countries) versus a much more fierce, immediate lockdown about travel to/from them, etc., which most likely would have included all exports from the country, isolating them fairly immediately, and probably working to cripple their economy since so much of it is based on their cheap labor and exporting products that come as a result of that elsewhere.  Would the world have been a better place had China immediately gotten the blame and essentially been quarantined by the world at large?  Maybe, but we'll never know, and in that light, that metaphorical statement has at least enough merit to enjoy to some factual debate.

Like I said before, if someone makes an obvious untrue and ridiculous statement, there is nothing that I need to do to prove it wrong.   I can tell them to show up with proof, Although I know that that’s never going to happen – so I’ll settle for the W right there.

"If I say I'm right, and they're wrong, that's just the way it is."  Dude, you're not a mod, admin, or anything else of any power or importance here anymore, so...yeah, no, you don't "auto win" just because you call bullshit on something.  Maybe in your own mind, but based on the PMs I've received, clearly other people think you're full of yourself (and more) too, they're just too polite to say it (or too wary to put up with you dogging them forever and ever afterward).  Again, grow up.  You're not 15 anymore, you really ought to be better than this.  I grew up and moved on from 15 year old troll land, you can do it too.  😉

I dont even know what your complaints are anymore, you are mad at me because I asked someone to show proof of a statement? And Im a bully? What are you 10 years old?  Time to buck up, buckaroo.

You are literally getting lost in your own TL:dr 😂😂😂

Basically that you're once again acting like a bully, and attacking people versus whatever underlying point/"facts"/etc. that they've said that you actually disagree with.  Then you dance all around having actually done that versus taking responsibility for it, and then, even better, knocking that shit off.  I put up with the way you've treated people for years primarily because you had a badge when you did it.  After that point on here, you didn't turn up much in any posts or conversations I was interested in, so live and let live.  Then you started a personal attack, nonsense flame war in a thread that's very interesting and important to me, as well as a bunch of others, and I'm sorry, but I'd just had enough of it.  Grow up.  You are literally acting like a spoiled, delusional child, ignoring any specific points I bring to your attention, because "oh, I'm not going to read that."  If you're not going to read anything, then just shut up and don't reply.  If you're going to reply, make it relevant, versus more of your personal brand of made up, mud slinging, "I'll just keep talking until the other person gets tired and stops responding then call it a win" nonsense.  The only people you're impressing with this display don't yet have hair upstairs or downstairs on their bodies, hardly the type of approval a grown ass adult should be seeking.

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 2

@MrWunderful? As your forum friend there are a few things you need to realize:

1) Your "proof" does not say that Fauci is working with the CCP. It states that he is downplaying the origins, which is a smart move since China appears to be involved. (I will come back to this later on.) So before you read the rest, take into consideration what can happen if you pissed off a moron with a shotgun. Then think worse.

2) At the very start the beginning of anything that could kill people should be looked into AFTER it was either destroyed or contained. This is because simply arguing about it is not going to slow down or stop the issue. The division tied to this pandemic has allowed the death toll to surpass the 1 million mark. And is reported to have killed many on the front lines.

3) The finger pointing at China is the basis of rise among Asian hate crimes. Just like how 9/11 rose crimes against Muslims (and those who look Middle Eastern), Pearl Harbor did to Japanese-American citizens, and so on. So again, the "Fauci works for the CCP" is all intolerant assholes need to harm anybody that looks Chinese to them.

4) The "Fauci works for the CCP" claim has also put both his life, as well as his family's lives, at risk. You literally promoting that makes you a contributor if that becomes the reason for any of them being harmed. Do you want that? I hope not.

5) The political end of things will result in the Chinese Government act like the origin claims is a declaration of war. Mostly because they are a group of hypocritical twat nuggets that are trying to be seen as the best. And I seriously say that because the actual Chinese hero in the Nanjing Massacre was a German Nazi.

6) During the Second Sino-Japanese War... They have killed POWs. They have killed non-military Japanese citizens who arrived there out of protest against their own Government. The barred citizens of Nanjing escape after the KMT Government fled. And they even killed citizens who protested. Think what they could do there if they declare war.

In the end being furious because you think Fauci should be more open is fine. It could be more restrained because the origin is something that could result in World War III. With the whole Senator Joseph McCarthy (aka the "Democrats are secretly Communists" guy) tone doing nothing but being a financially beneficial topic for for Senator Rand Paul.

And that is all I will say because the current Chinese Government is a currently a group of self-entitled bullies who will ignore reality if it does not benefit them. Including talks of what Fauci would say if they were not that way. 😩

Now if you don't mind... My health wants the fact that is an argument to be downgraded to the acts seen in this Monty Python sketch:

• Confused 1

South Africa did the right thing by reporting the omicron variant, despite the initial repercussions and bans placed on them.

China tried to shift the blame against them elsewhere during the initial outbreak, then the WHO refused to listen to warnings and concerns from Taiwan. Heck, why was the latest virus termed omicron? Isn't there a Greek letter we're oddly missing?

Fauci bought into all of that early shit, that makes him equally as guilty as the others.

If the WHO would have been a non-biased organisation this pandemic would have been over a long time ago, with half as many deaths.But the whole thing is just politics and China.

Talk about hate crimes, well racism isn't a crime, but the "No foreigners allowed" signs are starting to pop up again in shop / restaurant windows in northern Taiwan, as the local governments sneakily shifted the blame for the latest outbreaks back on foreigners, mostly SEA ones.

Now I love Taiwan, but you guys gotta remember that such prejudices and racism occur everywhere, and most often it's caused by fear and ignorance. Taiwan isn't a particularly violent society, so it generally stops at racist acts, but it's essentially the same.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1