IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

19 hours ago, Mae247 said:

Done with rally bike

kinda like frogger, road rash, pole position had a kid and rally bike was born.

the top down approach was helpful but things do sneak up on you and can go south quickly.

took me 8 hours to complete.

Your dedication is awesome, great job! I don't know if I could play that one for so long.

(6 hours of Air Fortress sounds much, much better)

Edited by scaryice

Air Fortress is fun, but also fairly long and difficult. Only 5 to 6 hours sounds like quite an achievement.

In the meantime I'm currently playing Zelda II on the go and Dragon Quest II at home. In Zelda II I have finished the fifth palace today and in DQ II I'm still looking for the sigils. The game is very fun so far and still plays well, even if it's a bit grindy and missing some QoL features. I'm especially missing a save feature since I frequently have to input between 40 and 50 characters just to load a game. Also, the game is starting to get really challenging. The fireflies in the Lighthouse are especially grueling since they just spam their fire breath that deals over 10 damage to every party member. If 5 of them appear and all attack me with their fire breath it's an instant game over for me. I was already wiped twice in that dungeon.

22 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Both good games, but Real American Hero is where its at for me. Both get kind of tedious to complete in 2020, but I play through 3 or 4 levels of real american hero a lot. 

The last 2 or 3 levels where you have to plant the bombs kinda killed the last half of Real American hero for me. Did like it a lot otherwise though.

Real American Hero is one of my all-time favorite run & guns; I rented the crap out of it growing up. But yeah, after finally beating it for the first time in last year's challenge, I could see where the bomb-planting in the last couple of stages got excessively tedious.

Speaking of run & guns, Joe & Mac is done.

Edited by nerdynebraskan

Gonna try to add photos now! So much easier than I remember years ago on Nintendo age. 

As for air fortress I honestly think I got lucky. Only got stuck on 6A, 8A, and 5B for any length of time. I estimated 5-6 hours  but I was playing on and off throughout the day/night so wouldn’t surprise me if it was 7-8.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, Gaia Gensouki said:

In the meantime I'm currently playing Zelda II on the go and Dragon Quest II at home. In Zelda II I have finished the fifth palace today and in DQ II I'm still looking for the sigils. The game is very fun so far and still plays well, even if it's a bit grindy and missing some QoL features. I'm especially missing a save feature since I frequently have to input between 40 and 50 characters just to load a game.

The western version does have a save feature, thankfully.

12 hours ago, Kid Dracula said:

Finished off The Flying Dragon Secret Scroll! Had this one as a kid but never played it much because I couldn’t figure out how to progress. It has its moments...culture brain put out some weird ones! 

01FF1227-50EC-430C-B25A-FA8B5A2ABAA6.jpeg

I really like Flying Dragon, but I don't know how anyone was supposed to beat that without a guide. The combat was very cool and the story was just crazy enough it worked for me. 

• Like 1