IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

5 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Bro, how are you going to clear Thunder & Lightning and then be so nonchalant about it as to not even name the game in your follow-up post? That one is harder than hell! I couldn't do it years ago when I was playing it for weeks on end.

I started some Tecmo NBA, but I had to turn it off in the 4th Quarter with the Blazers (probably the best team in the league) trailing by 30. Obviously, I need to practice and remember how this is played because I've done it a couple of times before.

Hahaha didn’t realize I omitted the title! It’s not surprising it’s gone unbeaten in 3 years, it really is brutal. My main strategy was stocking up on 2-3 1ups in level 3 and 13 by using the triple ball to hit the submarine as many times as possible to eventually get a 1up drop. The turtles keep bringing in new tiles so the level can go on for a looong time if you want it to. 

17 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

I started some Tecmo NBA, but I had to turn it off in the 4th Quarter with the Blazers (probably the best team in the league) trailing by 30. Obviously, I need to practice and remember how this is played because I've done it a couple of times before.

You should be able to just inbound the ball and run past everyone diagonally to score every time.

9 hours ago, scaryice said:

I also wanna note that thanks to all the bonus pain points, Tablew/chairs is now averaging over 10 points for each game he's beaten. Pretty crazy.

Is there any way of knowing what games carry bonus points? I've gotten some, but don't know which games they came from. If I knew, I might choose the games/order taking that into consideration. 

Edited by NESfiend

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Is there any way of knowing what games carry bonus points? I've gotten some, but don't know which games they came from. If I knew, I might choose the games/order taking that into consideration. 

In the top post, you will see some games that look like this:

8	1	8 Eyes

For instance, 8 Eyes is worth 9 points this year. Its normal score is 8, but because it has not been beaten in one previous year it's also worth 1 bonus/pain point. That's why certain games have two numbers next to them.

Also, Little Samson is done.

• Thanks 1