IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

10 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

StarTropics is done. Another classic Nintendo game that I have never even played before. I enjoyed it quite a lot despite a few unfair or annoying passages. Some levels were also really really tough especially the final level and its boss battles had me swearing a few times.

I share your frustration with the sadism of the level design in StarTropics. It's really unusual for a first-party Nintendo release.

Also, the Adventures of Tom Sawyer is done. I dedicate this clear to the memory of Rush drummer Neal Peart.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

StarTropics is done. Another classic Nintendo game that I have never even played before. I enjoyed it quite a lot despite a few unfair or annoying passages. Some levels were also really really tough especially the final level and its boss battles had me swearing a few times.

Star Tropics is great. One of the best endings of any NES game for sure. I really wish we'd get a modern day remake.

7 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Also, the Adventures of Tom Sawyer is done. I dedicate this clear to the memory of Rush drummer Neal Peart.

Congrats on 100 games beaten already in 2020! Damn...

6 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Kirby's Adventure is done. I've played this once before, but never made it far due to loss of interest. Now I'm happy that I've finally got around to beating it. This is the first Kirby game I have ever finished.

Kirbys Adventure.jpg

Loss of interest - I know exactly what you mean. A friend of mine's daughters were over for dinner one night a couple years back. They wanted me to beat the game. It was fun for a while, but by the end, it was excruciatingly boring. Pretty well killed our Friday night, but they got to see the end. 

Working on Ring King. Question for anyone who's completed it: once I start Ranking mode, can I go back to Training if I need to upgrade my stats, or am I stuck with whatever stats my boxer already has? In other words, can I grind on an as-needed basis, or do I need to get all my grinding done before I go for the title?

5 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Working on Ring King. Question for anyone who's completed it: once I start Ranking mode, can I go back to Training if I need to upgrade my stats, or am I stuck with whatever stats my boxer already has? In other words, can I grind on an as-needed basis, or do I need to get all my grinding done before I go for the title?

Its been a while, but if I remember correctly, you can go back. I play/beat world champ more often, but its the same format and you can train anytime in that. I remember grinding all the way the first time for world champ and realizing later I didnt need to do that. 

• Like 1