IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

Bad News Baseball finished with Oakland as the champs. Easy for the most part to get the computer out; they didn't score many runs at all.

Final game score (out of 11 total):

ruB0Fnx.png

Nice credits for NES game, btw. It is Tecmo, so that makes sense. Looks like Ryu Hayabasa, and one of the sumo wrestlers from Tsuppari Oozumou. I dunno who the girl is:

5H7t0Ad.png

@Mae247

First, a question: What are you?! An android? A god?

But since you're some kind of gaming savant, here are some of the other titans of the NES catalog:

1943 (mainly for the final boss rush), Adventure Island, Cobra Triangle, Destination Earth Star, Dragon Power, High Speed Pinball, Ikari Warriors, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Krusty's Fun House, Kung Fu Heroes, Last Starfighter, Lemmings, Metal Mech, Mission: Impossible, Mutant Virus, Pirates!, Q*Bert, Rally Bike, Silkworm, Smash TV, Solomon's Key, Super Spy Hunter, Tetris 2, To the Earth (Zapper required), Track & Field II, Treasure Master, and Werewolf.

You could also look for games that are either 10s or have 4+ pain points attached to them. Something worth 4 or 5 bonus points has failed to be completed almost every year of this challenge. Of course, many of those games are more of the long and tedious variety so it depends on how much time you want to commit to them.

53 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

@Mae247

First, a question: What are you?! An android? A god?

But since you're some kind of gaming savant, here are some of the other titans of the NES catalog:

1943 (mainly for the final boss rush), Adventure Island, Cobra Triangle, Destination Earth Star, Dragon Power, High Speed Pinball, Ikari Warriors, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Krusty's Fun House, Kung Fu Heroes, Last Starfighter, Lemmings, Metal Mech, Mission: Impossible, Mutant Virus, Pirates!, Q*Bert, Rally Bike, Silkworm, Smash TV, Solomon's Key, Super Spy Hunter, Tetris 2, To the Earth (Zapper required), Track & Field II, Treasure Master, and Werewolf.

You could also look for games that are either 10s or have 4+ pain points attached to them. Something worth 4 or 5 bonus points has failed to be completed almost every year of this challenge. Of course, many of those games are more of the long and tedious variety so it depends on how much time you want to commit to them.

Your funny haha. I enjoy playing random and obscure games honestly.

Thank you for the recommendations! A few of these I played before and quite a few I have not.

Also, to explain myself, I really enjoy doing speed runs. Some games I put on a list to go back and enjoy later. Honestly, it is something I have recently taken up in the past few months. Just because I complete the game does not mean it was an easy completion haha. Some really kick my @$$.

Edited by Mae247

3 hours ago, Mae247 said:

Your funny haha. I enjoy playing random and obscure games honestly.

Thank you for the recommendations! A few of these I played before and quite a few I have not.

Also, to explain myself, I really enjoy doing speed runs. Some games I put on a list to go back and enjoy later. Honestly, it is something I have recently taken up in the past few months. Just because I complete the game does not mean it was an easy completion haha. Some really kick my @$$.

Completing Championship pool that quickly without using save states is pretty impressive. I've beaten it once for the 2018 contest and it took about 35 hours, and I know that any future attempt would take me just as long.

Experiences like Doyce's seem typical of those who are even crazy enough to make the attempt at Championship Pool, so yeah I stand by my hyperbole on Mae's performance.

Also, Tecmo Bowl is done. I played with the Vikings, and I really regretted it. They were so weak I lost a couple of games along the way and had to continue. The Raiders even blew me out in the second to last game. I only beat them in the rematch by 1 point when I blocked a PAT on one of their touchdowns.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:11 PM, NESfiend said:

Its been a while, but if I remember correctly, you can go back. I play/beat world champ more often, but its the same format and you can train anytime in that. I remember grinding all the way the first time for world champ and realizing later I didnt need to do that. 

Thanks a ton for this! I'm still working on Ring King, and you're absolutely right -- I was able to train for a while, then take the Rookie title, then go back to training.

Toxic Crusaders is done.

What a terrible and disappointing game!  Wonky hit detection. Plenty of cheap AI. Having to use the SELECT button as your power (main) attack really is quite laughable (and uncomfortable). Above all that, I think the worst thing about this game is the obscure and strict patterns you have to figure out and execute against all the bosses.

It’s too bad Konami (or Capcom) didn’t get the license to make this game.. I never watched the Toxic Crusaders cartoon or read the comics back in the day, but the toy line was pretty cool and I had some of the figures. They fit right in with the TMNT.

33439ADC-BD73-4D2D-A591-0B21494A535C.jpeg

Edited by Strikezone1

1 hour ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Any tips for Championship Pool? That one gave me a lot of trouble last year. Would love any advice while it's fresh in your mind. 

The music sucks honestly compared to many other pool games on the nes. Just had to say that lol.

the prediction system can be jumpy at times so you have to be kinda patient.

Be very VERY prepared to feel like this game is sometimes dumb luck. Some shots just don’t freaking work your way even if the prediction systems tells you other wise. 

Sometimes the cpu can ramp up in intensity for no reason and catch you off guard.

BE PREPARED TO HATE THE WORD FOUL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!  Lol

• Thanks 1