IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

21 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Nope. Commando was bad enough and that game is even worse. It's right up there with Battletoads as far as games that I would be fine with if I never played them again.

I think beating it no code is a requirement for this thread, unfortunately. Codes are only allowed if they're in the manual.

16 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Didn't you no death Ninja Gaiden 3 once? I don't know how anyone could do that. I don't think I've even played it again after I finally beat it. I like a challenge, but some of these games are just insanely difficult.

Noooooooooooooooo. Beating it with only one death is the best I've done.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's still impressive. Being able to 1cc it is borderline amazing in itself.

Only bertsampson beat the game when we did the one life contest for the tournament finals. I did reach the final bosses on one life and then choked.

25 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I think beating it no code is a requirement for this thread, unfortunately. Codes are only allowed if they're in the manual.

Shoot. I don't have the manual, so I thought that continues were allowed. I edited my original post, my mistake.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I remember seeing the contest thread, but I was thinking you did it on your own once.

I no deathed the first two. I only no deathed NG2 once. I think that game is harder to beat without dying than the first, but not as hard as NG3.

Arkista's Ring is done.

@Bearcat-Doug

2015 was wild. We had a furious competition between Bea Iank and DoctorNick for the championship. I beat more than 100 games and scored well over 400 points and still finished a distant third. But with those two fighting to the very last game (Nick in fact snatched the title by beating Mutant Virus last), we burned through the catalog really fast that year.

1 hour ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Arkista's Ring is done.

@Bearcat-Doug

2015 was wild. We had a furious competition between Bea Iank and DoctorNick for the championship. I beat more than 100 games and scored well over 400 points and still finished a distant third. But with those two fighting to the very last game (Nick in fact snatched the title by beating Mutant Virus last), we burned through the catalog really fast that year.

It looks like the pace is close this year, but there are a lot of tough/long games left. 

21 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Didn't you no death Ninja Gaiden 3 once? I don't know how anyone could do that. I don't think I've even played it again after I finally beat it. I like a challenge, but some of these games are just insanely difficult.

I’ve done it twice. NG3 is the most difficult to beat in the series, but to me it felt like the easiest to no-death (by a slim margin). That’s excluding abusing the spin-slash in NG1.

7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's really impressive that every game was beaten by June 12 in 2015. It will be interesting to see if this year comes close. 

I agree it will be interesting. This years thread is off to a great start!

Also @Kid Dracula congrats on taking out Star Force. That is quite the feat! It is easily the hardest shmup to beat on the NES, IMO... Maybe one of these days I’ll put in the time to try and grind out a victory in it (but I’m in no hurry for that 😆)

• Thanks 1

I just started Kickle Cubicle. I should have it finished in a little bit. I just wanted to post here before I forgot that I just had a very strange experience with this game.

I primarily game anymore on an Everdrive N8 (Famicom edition) plugged into my AV Famicom. I had a Bandai Hypershot light gun plugged into the expansion port. This light gun, if you're unaware, has a speaker built into it designed to pipe in the audio of your game into the light gun as you're playing with it. As far as I knew, this functionality was only present in Space Shadow, the Famicom light gun game that was packed in with the Hypershot light gun. But when I just started Kickle Cubicle (US version, mind you) just now, the audio came through my Hypershot and startled the crap out of me. I just thought I'd share, because a couple of y'all may find that interesting.