IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

I beat Muppet Adventure. What a shitty game. Why hasn't there been an AVGN episode about this one yet?

That pink monster in the fifth level caused me to lose many lives and two game overs. Only later did I find out how this "duel" actually works: when it comes at you and tries to push you away, you have to take a small step back and wait until his arms are stretched out. Then you approach it and push A to "attack" him with your feather. This pushes him away without pushing you away too.

Muppet Adventure.jpg

1 hour ago, nerdynebraskan said:

This makes me sad on two levels: 1) it was one of my absolute favorites left on the list and 2) you didn't even enjoy it! Save it for me next year!

Pm me with the ones you want saved.

only reason I say wasn’t fun was because it was somewhat fast.

3 hours ago, Tablew/chairs said:

Which did you think was more difficult star soldier or starship hector? i always thought starship hector was supposed to be harder but i did both last year and found star soldier hands down the bigger challenge

I agree, I definitely found Star Soldier to be much more challenging. 16 stages and bizarre enemy patterns makes it a tougher grind. At first glance Starship Hector seems harder but the life bar helps big-time. I think I could finish Hector 80% of the time now whereas it would be 20% or lower for Star Soldier.

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Star Soldier has the godawful gimmick where you randomly go under the backgrounds. That ruins the game for me.

I agree. The #1 drawback to Star Soldier for me is definitely the cheap-as-hell difficulty (combined with no continues, combined with a lack of (efficient) auto-fire), but the background gimmick is yet another strike against this game.

Events Team · Posted
On 1/18/2020 at 12:37 PM, Kid Dracula said:

Just played through 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus Golf. Having to wait for the animation of the terrain to load every single shot is very annoying.

Man, my dad bought this game when we were young and he used to play a game in the afternoon on weekend. Damn that constant loading animation was driving me and my bros nuts. We told him that the other Golf game we had was better (the black box one), but since it was the one he bought lately, we had to suffer watching him play it for a couple hours.

Super Jeopardy! is done:

RilvMz4.png

fJ9TC5P.png

First two games came down to Final Jeopardy, which I never like since it's a big risk, so I was glad to get a runaway in my last game (the finals). I also saw a lot of category and clue repetition in my last game, including the exact same Final Jeopardy question I got in the quarterfinals!