IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2020 - 677/677 (All Clear!)

scaryice

WCW completed! I still don't like the punching/kicking system, but the grappling is nice. Better than any of the NES WWF games, at least. I actually thought the final battle was super easy, because you can just run and attack the guy over and over. I picked Mike Rotundo because I saw someone say that his running knee is good, since you don't fall the ground if you miss (like some characters with their dropkicks).

RBAt9s3.png

YPDNYCZ.png

Edited by scaryice

And I beat King's Knight! It took me maybe only 90 minutes this time compared to the many many hours last year. I even only needed one try for the dragon this time around. The way to that boss however was the toughest part. I would consider this game to be one of my guilty pleasures: it's objectively bad and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but somehow it's still fun to me.

Kings Knight.jpg

I was playing Hook the other day, and I made it halfway through before accidentally failing to continue. It is decent, however, it doesn't feel too much like it was made for its source material. It's like they took another game and just shoehorned the characters into it. Also, it's so ugly...

Seicross and The Untouchables beaten. BTW, the Gamefaqs faq for Untouchables is full of crap, since it says that you can't get more ammo in the last section. I was having some trouble until I checked a speedrun and saw how wrong that was (you can easily reload your gun once in cover).

eDDmuf5.png

I5TN7NP.png

Also, this is unrelated to this thread, but I started a prediction contest for the 2020 Democratic primaries (4 first states only - IA/NH/NV/SC). All you have to do is pick the top four finishers in each of those early states. Picks are due by end of 1/30 here:

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/2363-democratic-2020-primaries-prediction-contest-first-4-states-only/