IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

ROUND 2!!!

This is one of those moments where buying a "deluxe" version of an OOP game pays off. I paid around $12 more for both the "USB set" and protection. The only thing that looked beaten was the game's outer box. Everything else looks very nice with the bonus Wii-themed USB thumb drive being the cherry on top. 😁

Game4.jpg.572f718625df65616f57a7c1aeccd8f8.jpg

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 8

Picked up some bulk stuff from a local collector, 173 Xbox 360, 4 ps2 and a couple Xbox. I’m going for a fullish 360 set and I needed a bunch. Can’t decide whether to skip Kinect games, at about 700 so still a ways to go.

AFDC7E59-AE96-42CB-9439-C8331FEC800C.thumb.jpeg.9286902432c97f1ba9323d559eae24cf.jpeg

Edited by koko
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 4

This arrived today! I ended up using a proxy service with this one Japanese e-retailer, which meant that any savings I might have gotten was put towards their service. But having the box not be a beater is a good excuse to explain why it was not cheap. 😅

Now here is the first surprise I got: The game was not sealed!!! The game looks to have been packed that way. So I either got a QC sample or this is how they packed later releases. 🤔

Now comes the biggest surprise: This release came with the coin!!! I did not expect that since it was not a first print. So that is a big, money-saving score for me! 😁

Bonus-01.thumb.jpg.885c2193c8207eb4a88823ba1564bb28.jpg

In the end this caps off my game hunting for 2020. 🙂

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 1

Some things came in today!

For whatever reason, I always passed on Elemental Gimmick Gear telling myself I would buy it later. I popped into the pawnshop to see if there was anything interesting, saw it for well below the going rate, and when the guy struggled to find the disc in the back (15-ish mins.), he gave me another 10% off for my time which was pretty great!

Neo Turf masters was a long time coming, it just took a while to find a complete copy at the right price.

I know that Little Mermaid is probably not a particularly popular game, but I remember renting it from the corner store back in the day and having a lot of fun. This is another case where the timing just never lined up to finally get it after all these years, until this one came up properly CIB for cheap in fantastic condition! My daughter and I are going to spend some time with this game.

Last Christmas, the kids got me Super Mario Party, so now that we are back in that season and spirit again, we've been playing some Mario Party again. It got me thinking about picking up all the old ones I had passed on over the years, so I picked up all 4 Gamecube titles (made sure to get the big boxes for 6 & 7) and when I saw the K-Mart exclusive version of 4, I thought that was really cool! Again, my inexplicable love of wacky golf games led me to get Toadstool Tour, another one I passed on back in the day...a mistake I had to correct 😉

I remember when we couldn't give Sigma Star away and I passed on it. I was watching some video on GBA games and it looked so interesting that I had to pick it up to try for myself. Regarding Robotech, I've gotta give it up to thatgamenerd for posting up the copy he bought. I checked it out after he posted and had to get this game too (thanks thatgamenerd!).

Lastly - finally! - I managed to track down a complete Mystical Ninja for Gameboy. I've been actively searching for the last 3 years and one slipped through my fingers earlier this year. I'm so happy to have finally gotten this game complete...it really was a long time coming.

That's it for today folks. Have a great one and I hope you all find some cool stuff in the days ahead!

IMG_20201212_163113.jpg

IMG_20201212_164303.jpg

IMG_20201212_185527.jpg

IMG_20201212_185458.jpg

IMG_20201212_163739.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 1

Last time I checked in was Monday and since then, wow...loving these Dragon Quest posts, didn't even know about that Wii release with 1+3, blows we never got that, but damn did I ever enjoy that upgraded tv games conversion of Dragon Quest Swords, I really need to buy that again.

Anyway I saw this on ebay closely after my last post, caught it with a day or two left and it just arrived yesterday.  I was shocked, thrilled, that no one bid on it so I nailed this down for $70 shipped.  The GBC has a stress blemish and a deep lens scratch but otherwise great, once I can get a kit for it that's going upgrade, but it and the power plug were not my interest.  Those multi-carts were.  Perspective on this, people who do buy these things which is a bit niche, they tend to sell about $20 each so I got a killing on this.  Yesterday I sat down and started making a list of the games on all of them and there are some really impressive games, and some really weird hacks and pirates too.

Very happy I was to find KOF97 which is an odd upgrade hack of 96.  Beatmania GB1 and 2 I found on differing carts.  A sample of a few other unique games that are there: Hugo, Contra Spirits, Ninja Gaiden Shadow, FF Legend, Pocket Bomberman, Pokemon Crystal, Street FIghter II, Rockman World3, Felix the Cat, and the list goes on.  Some really strange pirates are there, a game called Pikachu in color kind of a platformer thing and decent, and then a title reskinned with Machamp Primal Rage, and an english(engrish) Pokemon Diamond, the weird Super Mario 4 and Mario 7 (SMWorld but not) and the atrocious Sonic 5 using 3D Blast assets among others and a spindash gets you killed too.

I should publish the list of the games, I was thinking of doing that in a post trying to start to archive these oddities.  The 58 is the best, then the 38, 23, 21 and the 8.

gameboymulticartlot.jpg

gameboymulticarts.jpg

• Like 9

I feel bad because I haven't posted in a while and I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with my pickups so I might be missing a few items on this list. 

Black Friday deals were in full swing since the last time I posted and there were a lot of games on my wantlist, some that I had been waiting months to pick up, that finally went on sale at prices I really liked. 

Catherine was $20 and the rest were $5 finds at Five Below: 

spacer.png

Wandersong was from a trade, Etrian Odyssey IV from eBay, Slaps and Beans was fairly priced in a Facebook group and Toy Story Mania was one I was hunting for a long time (trying to find a truly complete copy with the lenticular slipcover and both 3D glasses included) and finally showed up on eBay at a decent price: 

spacer.png

Did something I don't usually do, was tempted to pick this up after another collector mentioned it in a Facebook group, this is a less common variant published by THQ right before they closed down, subsequent copies are published by Disney instead: 

spacer.png

Two artbooks that were in my Amazon wishlist and they actually went on sale: 

spacer.png

Limited print pre-orders that I waited a looooong time for: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

One of you on here tipped me off to this bundle and I couldn't live without it forever so I snapped it off eBay when I saw it pop up at a decent price: 

spacer.png

Got these from a seller on Reddit, already had the NES Classic but not the other items in the picture: 

spacer.png

Some more finds, got Void Terrarium in a trade, Gem Smashers and Go Vacation were hunts from Mercari and FB Marketplace respectively, about $20 each, Mario Hoops I bought off... someone... don't really remember, Human Fall Flat was on sale for $19.99, and Cadence of Hyrule I picked up at Walmart on a whim, alongside Bakugan Champions of Vestroia launch edition (the one with the toy inside), both with that Walmart in-store discount. 

spacer.png

Another book on sale, you know I need my RPG strategy guides: 

spacer.png

Literally a free local pickup: 

spacer.png

Did I need the GameCube variant of this, if I already had the Wii and Wii U variants? No. But it was $40: 

spacer.png

3 more limited print games I waited a very long time for, and then Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and SMBUD were from GameStop Black Friday deals: 

spacer.png

Recently started being active on game-collecting-Instagram as if I need more distractions and discovered Hand Drawn Game Guides so picked up this boutique published guide for the first Zelda. & the games were another Black Friday deal: 

spacer.png

Was hunting this double pack for a while, slept on it before COVID-mania hit, had kinda given up and then I see someone selling it for $25 on Facebook. Condition of the slipcover is atrocious but at least I finally have it: 

spacer.png

Iridion 3D was one of the GBA games I had growing up but the box got lost or something so I was planning to replace it, realized there wasn't much difference between CIB and New pricing so I just got it brand new. The DS games were from a lot that was pretty cheap: 

spacer.png

I also filled a bunch of gaps in my Nintendo Power collection with a lot I picked up, didn't bother taking pictures of everything but here's one item that came with the lot, Tips & Tactics for The Legend of Zelda which was one of the items you had to mail away for from the catalogue inside Nintendo Power: 

spacer.png

And 2 more purchases which were high priority for me: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Again, sorry for the long post!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 9

20 hours ago, Tanooki said:

...didn't even know about that Wii release with 1+3...

I found out months before it was put up for sale. And even then that was pretty much a fluke. Not enough to buy it new since there was close to a 10 1/2 month gap between my time in Koriyama (Fukushima Prefecture) and the moment I started to get SSI. 😅

Plus this site says my copy was a first print. So I am leaning towards it being a 'quality check' sample. But past that, and my conclusions, here is the opening the game offers. 🙂

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

And 2 more purchases which were high priority for me: 

spacer.png

I gotta say I'm enjoying the split pad pro so far. I'm glad I waited until they made some colors other than black. I was disappointed the Pokemon colors weren't cooler but I'm pleased with the all red ones. The pacman look good!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I gotta say I'm enjoying the split pad pro so far. I'm glad I waited until they made some colors other than black. I was disappointed the Pokemon colors weren't cooler but I'm pleased with the all red ones. The pacman look good!

Once you go Split Pad Pro, you don't go back. It's even spoiled me for the Razer Kishi that I use for Xbox Game Pass streaming on my phone. The Kishi is really nice, but the lack of extended grips makes it tougher to hold.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, drxandy said:

Ok, I thought the split pad pro was a gimmick but if you three are all about it I'ma have to give em a try.

I like the joycons honestly but the lack of a D-pad ruins some of the experience in certain games. Also, the right thumb stick crowds the buttons sometimes which drivers me nuts. I tried the other Hori controller where it was just the left joycon and I wasn't impressed.

The split pad was what I was looking for tho honestly. Button placement is where they sound be. They're large enough but not bulky. And overall they're light considering there's no rumble or battery. 

• Like 1

And somehow his avatar has not changed to that...

And on that front I had a wicked confusing, but fun bit of exploration online yesterday way into the evening over a $6 pick up I had.  I saw these big plastic toys, looked like some big Japanese kaiju stuff at first, but then wasn't sure sitting in a half box taped over.  I pulled what I could, no marks other than a date and a name I had to google.  All I could gather, YuGiOh, and figured, this is worth looking into.  Google wasn't helpful, ebay slightly was finding a few matches with commonly incorrect info, and I had to go around some groups to get information until I randomly found someone with a clue.  Needless to say, kind of shocked.

Basically they're only branded Kazuki Takahashi 1996.  But in reality these were released in the US by Mattel in 2003 a one off set of toys, apparently some of them, not the two smallest the 'blue eyes' ones there, are worth considerable value.  Top row are complete, and at the minimum the big blue one there is worth over a $100 in that shape, the smaller gold up there perhaps around that as they're all complete.  The big gold below would be well up there, but has a little damage and missing its stand base and tail tip, red guy is mostly gone, the other isn't related, it's this panzer dragoon looking avatar toy.  I'm attempting to fix the big gold one, red is straight up parts.  It's strange but finding info on these is just bizarrely lacking for Mattel/YuGiOh related stuff.

yugiohtoys1996.jpg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, avatar! said:

@Shmup Layla always looked so cool! I really hope iam8bit or some such company releases an edition for the NES - it's possible!

Yeah this one has been on my list for a while and I finally got around to getting it so I can't wait to start it. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets an iam8bit or similar release at some point. I think the demand would be there.

Layla is a solid game and a shame like a few others back then (like Holy Diver) never got a release.  Some finally do get made up for, annoyingly some others not so much.  The market time and again has proven its mettle lasting so long without a decline in sight of people seemingly preferring to buy these old lost gems, re-buy (or being younger first time buy) them too, and of course the whole indie movement which fed largely off the period.

• Like 1

"And lo... The acquisition of both the sword of Roto (Erdrick) and the sword of Zenethia hath arrived!"

I ended up ordering these through Mandarake's Fukuoka store after an order was cancelled. The only trauma I faced was the cost for shipping, which meant that the game-end of my plans have to wait until 2021.

Which is fine since Roto's sword is a replacement, while the Zenethian sword is one I wanted in the past.

AM-01-02.thumb.jpg.4d56fe7e9f94d7691810e18a8fd216f5.jpg

In the long run I hope that I can find a way to display these. Ever since I visited Luida's Bar in 2017 I wanted to recreate a small part of that for my dream office (which I do not have). But in the end having these fill in some gaps I want to fill. 🐲

(Note: Look at the guard for the Sword of Zenethia. It's a dragon. TAKE THAT, FIRE EMBLEM!!!)

• Like 6
  • Wow! 3