IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Was traveling the past couple weeks so I wasn't chasing much. Some of this arrived while I was away. Here's the new gets: 

EHMAAvb.jpg

UvoWIzh.jpg

Your eyes do not deceive you. I got two copies of the 3D trading cards variant of Toy Story 3 for the DS. One is sealed, the other is opened with the cards still sealed. Been looking for this one for a while and then I get a sealed and a CIB within a span of a month. Fun stuff. 

Also the 3DS cases were all pretty good prices. The Zelda case was sold as new and I'm not happy that the box is ripped up but it's hard to find this set so I'm going to just keep it. 

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, pacowles said:

Finally grabbed a gold Famicom Punch Out!! cart. Need to find a better place to display it, but excited that I managed to grab it for a fairly reasonable price. 

34897921-CD1D-4A77-950C-EB6BD169B4A3.jpeg

Super cool! What's the history with the gold Punch Out? First printing?

2 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Super cool! What's the history with the gold Punch Out? First printing?

It was awarded as a prize for a Famicom Golf competition in Japan prior to the official retail release of Mike Tyson’s Punch Out. My understanding is that only 10k total copies were produced. It originally came with a box and instructions, but I wasn’t willing to pony up the $600+ for a complete copy. Plus the gold cartridge is really the cool part from my perspective. 

More info:

https://famicomworld.com/workshop/articles/the-holy-grails/holy-grails-punch-out-special/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Been a bit of a crap time since Friday's storms, wasn't fun last night going into 5 days with no power which got restored this afternoon finally.  While I was stuck on my phone and with the rest I did get fed up in the dark and went poking around a bit.  Around the start of it, went into the newly moved to a smaller cramped B&N and found Mario Manga.  I've wanted this, a sad day when B&N is the fair price, so I got it and wow it's good.

Yesterday I decided to swing wide to see what may come of it, largely nothing, but one thing I've tried to pick up locally for a few years now, always been beat up/broken so I left it.  This time, Sonic Pinball is mine, $30 for it which is a good deal, and they had batteries to test at the toy mall too.  It's pretty unique and a lot of fun, more on the tier of the cheapo 10+year old 3/4 sized pin tables for features.  It runs on 2x C and D cells for light/sound and motors.  That day also found that Gameboy book another I've been holding out for and just $2, a fun read.

Today had a few moments where I had to go a few places, went near the Lego store, and saw wannabe Mazinger there and grabbed it.  I don't do Lego anymore but that's probably going on my desk once it's done.  And on the way to kiddo pickup found that WWF game for $5 and figured why not.  I'm honestly shocked how good it is, it's not the usual garbage from the era.  It takes a bit of thought and choice in what to do, large easily represented characters in the game, and even has there various themes that play when someone wins a match (and many match types too includes also a create a player too) so I recommend it.

findsmar9-23.thumb.jpg.83feb2c575a14bb20b4ba88c57c9a3ef.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Louisville Arcade Expo I returned to this year (finally), bumped into the usual mix of vendors including one I've been on good terms with for years, and another who was clearing out a collection of stuff too, and a local reseller that even grossly slipped big time on a solitary item. 🙂  Day was more costly than usual for me, but worth it.  I went with a mission to minimally find some more Japanese games, and hopefully something Game Gear gaming yet sadly that was slim.

The guy I have known for some time cut me a decent deal on the far less column of stuff, the Challenger, Musashi no Ken games, GP Rider and to my surprise the only time I've seen a MVS game out there retailed outside of a cabinet Top Player's Golf, got it all for $50.  The other dude dumping much of a collection had some insane stuff even day 2, ended up finally (decades late) getting Secret of Evermore, Sonic, and the 3 DS games for just $100, a solid savings too.  The MMPR game was $5 from another booth in the same area, and then the local reseller who slipped, I spotted that guide fast, then was stunned him seriously wanting $3 for it, it never left my hands (it sells commonly without the poster for $100.)  So just under $160 for the day, Sonic and the DW4 book alone broke it even.

I was happy to see that guide, gave it up for my Neo Geo cabinet (with DW4) to save a good slice that day. 😄

By the way, was that guide truly a one off?  I looked up the Tokuma Publishing group, can't find anything else, but they've done games for decades and oddly mostly in the US they were the sole peddler of Studio Ghibli movies until Disney scooped the rights years ago.

arcadeexpo2023.thumb.jpg.94483a21e876d820b77cb8dacea27b03.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

I've collected a lot of my childhood stuff, but I still have about 10% of it to reacquire.  It was a joy this weekend to find a CIB Game Genie for the NES in great shape that aws the same model I owned.  There's a sticker on the back of the book I don't think mine had but it is the same, gold cart/purple genie sticker variant.  Nice to have this on the shelf.  I loved this thing as a kid and if it weren't for this device, I wouldn't have seen the ending (words chosen carefully) of most games I owned.

image.thumb.jpeg.b598117baf5587390f62693ed6471ad0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.20e758c609f72197c8b96537dd047054.jpeg

IMG_4814.thumb.JPG.90c25677c4d3e8c5d069cf5ba1eeba60.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.1a1b50aa324f2bbddd6d18978361e455.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality photo of the book.  I took these photos yesterday and I'm just now seeing it.  It looks like it had minimal use.  I know this isn't the rarest thing in the world, but I like it.

Edited by RH
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1

I wasn't planning to buy this (or didn't know it existed) but I happened across it and it seemed like it would be a fun addition to my Mega Man display. I admittedly don't know a lot about it, but maybe someone here knows more about the history of it? My understanding is it was some kind of limited controller made for the MMX collection release on Gamecube, but I'm not sure if it was press limited or something else, either way, it looks kinda cool to have a weird trinket as such, as I don't usually collect limited hardware things.

FrNOd0EXgAUaThc?format=jpg&name=largeFrNOdgMWYAAcpUP?format=jpg&name=large

I forgot to take a picture of the insides, but here is what is inside it per another persons image.

OIP.nVt3-KAwRfq9hutg37qetQHaFj?pid=ImgDe

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

I wasn't planning to buy this (or didn't know it existed) but I happened across it and it seemed like it would be a fun addition to my Mega Man display. I admittedly don't know a lot about it, but maybe someone here knows more about the history of it? My understanding is it was some kind of promotional controller made for the MMX collection release on Gamecube, but I'm not sure if it was press limited or something else, either way, it looks kinda cool to have a weird trinket as such, as I don't usually collect promotional things.

FrNOd0EXgAUaThc?format=jpg&name=largeFrNOdgMWYAAcpUP?format=jpg&name=large

I forgot to take a picture of the insides, but here is what is inside it per another persons image.

OIP.nVt3-KAwRfq9hutg37qetQHaFj?pid=ImgDe

Yes, it was released by NubyTech alongside Mega Man X Collection. It was advertised in the Mega Man X Collection manual. It was originally supposed to be released for both GameCube and PS2 alongside Command Mission, but it was delayed and only the GameCube version of the Controller was released.

image.jpeg.5f4c56fba19e29e7d6f22c54c9ce0bdb.jpeg

image.jpeg.3b69354af5638ad5a21aa2c692054a95.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Yes, it was released by NubyTech alongside Mega Man X Collection. It was advertised in the Mega Man X Collection manual. It was originally supposed to be released for both GameCube and PS2 alongside Command Mission, but only the GameCube version of the Controller was released.

image.jpeg.5f4c56fba19e29e7d6f22c54c9ce0bdb.jpeg

Interesting, so it's not a promotional item of some kind?

8 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Interesting, so it's not a promotional item of some kind?

I don't believe it got a very wide release, but it could be found at some stores such as Game Stop in 2006. 

Fun fact: the Controller was shown in the 2005 Mega Man commercial:

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Brickman said:

I’ve heard good things about the Starfy games so I might give them a go soon.

You heard well, sadly only the one DS title ever made it here which is criminally sad.  Starfy basically is an undersea adventure in the style of Kirby but quite frankly is as easy as Kirby is if not slightly more so.  It has a lot of charm, quite a cute little character, and when I did say style I don't mean the suction aspect but the other friends n' feel of it.