IGNORED

March Genesis Madness: Championship

fox

Vote now  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Sonic 2 vs Gunstar Heroes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/2024 at 04:59 AM

Administrator · Posted
40 minutes ago, RH said:

Haha, dude, don't even try to make it binary.

They already got two chances to entice myself and others. If you didn't like the first two why would you even give the time of day to the third? By that point it's easy to say "these just aren't for me" and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

15 minutes ago, Gloves said:

They already got two chances to entice myself and others. If you didn't like the first two why would you even give the time of day to the third? By that point it's easy to say "these just aren't for me" and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

If that's what you were trying to say, then that's fine.  If you're not into S2 then S3 probably isn't going to be your thing either.

But I am saying that, in my opinion, Sonic 2 is excellent but Sonic 3 just does the final refinement of the whole package.  It does refine the level design a bit more, while making the whole package prettier, and the story telling is much more polished.  Plus, game saves helps a lot considering its size.

But yeah, by the time they made Sonic 2, the feel of the 2D series was set.  If you can't enjoy Sonic 2, I would not recommend Sonic 3.  That said, if someone wanted to try out the series or never gave it a fair shake beyond 5 minutes on S1 or S2, I'd highly recommend giving S3, S&K or even S3&K a solid try.  There's nothing wrong with skipping the earlier titles, but Sonic 2 is most definitely a finished Sonic game.

Might and Magic VI was amazing and my introduction into this franchise. MM VII made it a bit easier and much more beginner-friendly. I've always wanted to play the earlier games in chronological order, but never really got around to it. I've tried the first game on the NES and its difficulty is relentless. But this was par for the course back in the day and it's quite the huge and amibitious dungeon crawler.

Editorials Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Might and Magic VI was amazing and my introduction into this franchise. MM VII made it a bit easier and much more beginner-friendly. I've always wanted to play the earlier games in chronological order, but never really got around to it. I've tried the first game on the NES and its difficulty is relentless. But this was par for the course back in the day and it's quite the huge and amibitious dungeon crawler.

If you like VI and VII you'd be fine with III, IV and V.  And probably II.

33 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

If you like VI and VII you'd be fine with III, IV and V.  And probably II.

Good to know, thanks! I'm kinda tempted to play the console versions of II and III, but I still remember your review saying that at least MM III on the SNES is buggy and broken. But yeah, eventually I'll try to get around to playing them in one way or another.

On 4/8/2024 at 9:46 AM, a3quit4s said:

My favorite argument so far is Sonic 2 is gonna win because it’s popular and people haven’t played the other games in a fucking game collecting forum full of people who play a shit ton of different games across any system lmao

There's this one high up guy who usually hasn't played it though 🤔

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Quick, someone write a script to pull all 199 debate scores from @a3quit4s so we can start keeping score on that front 😄

Truth be told I didn’t actually vote on a lot of them. I’m not well played on the genesis library so I tried not to vote where I didn’t have experience. On the flip side, I’ve played enough to know Sonic 2 is a great game lmaoooo

I mean cmon most people only see what’s next to play on Genesis after they are done with Sonic, it’s the main draw to the system