IGNORED

Badge Signup Thread

Gloves

Gloves
This post was recognized by Gloves!

Khromak was awarded the badge 'PLAY - Games: Nintendo NES' and 50 points.

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

We're not really envisioning badges as a "collect em all" thing so much as a catered list of things that represent you as a gamer.

This is a great way to look at it, and I noticed that was the case when I was looking through the list. I didn't qualify for a lot of them because of the way I collect/play, but I definitely fell into a few categories deeply.

It really is a snapshot of who you are as a gamer/collector/VGS member. Shows all the stuff you participate in and the things you don't.

It should also help open people's eyes to the various different events and threads on the forum, hopefully expand some horizons.

Great idea guys, and I love the implementation too.

To avoid posting too many times, please consider this my application for the Play - Games: NES badge. Over the years through the NES Completions threads, I've definitely proven that I play a few of these games 😄

Edited by Khromak
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

25+ Survivor game badge 🥰 I like the optimism. @ZeldaFreak get crackin'.

no

And yeah, when we were planning out these badges, I did point out "Hey, uh... the actual Survivor show took 12 years to get to 25, I dunno that we're ever gonna make it to that point, or even 10 honestly" haha. But hey, if VGS is still around in the 2300s, it's there for when we need it.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

Handed out a bunch of awards, gonna take a break. Please note the newly added guidance in the OP of this thread, specifically if you can do 1 post per individual Badge request, that would make handing them out a bit easier. And again, please just a few at a time for now, maybe try to focus on the ones you really want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gloves

Khromak was awarded the badge 'PLAY - Completions: NES 2022 Participant' and 50 points.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Handed out a bunch of awards, gonna take a break. Please note the newly added guidance in the OP of this thread, specifically if you can do 1 post per individual Badge request, that would make handing them out a bit easier. And again, please just a few at a time for now, maybe try to focus on the ones you really want.

Ah crap I didn't read the OP, despite only being like 2 lines long, because I'm a moron. I posted like 10 badges in one post since they were new and shiny and I scrolled through the whole list making a list of things I'd done.

What do now? Should I post 8 more individual posts? I can split up the Imgur link/post individual images for each one, if it's easier. Should I post one/day for the next week?

Sorry, and thanks!

To avoid reports, please consider this my application for Play - Completions: NES 2022 Participant.

Edited by Khromak

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Khromak said:

Ah crap I didn't read the OP, despite only being like 2 lines long, because I'm a moron. I posted like 10 badges in one post since they were new and shiny and I scrolled through the whole list making a list of things I'd done.

What do now? Should I post 8 more individual posts? I can split up the Imgur link/post individual images for each one, if it's easier. Should I post one/day for the next week?

Sorry, and thanks!

If you feel like helping out, splitting it into separate posts definitely makes it easier. If you don't I'll manage, but yeah if you do so, it helps. If you wanna do that I'd edit the first post to be 1 badge request, then trickle in the rest of your requests.  ❤️

Gloves

Khromak was awarded the badge 'PARTICIPATE - Other: Gamer Tattoo' and 50 points.

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If you feel like helping out, splitting it into separate posts definitely makes it easier. If you don't I'll manage, but yeah if you do so, it helps. If you wanna do that I'd edit the first post to be 1 badge request, then trickle in the rest of your requests.  ❤️

Edited my posts from earlier in the thread to include 1 badge request each to avoid spamming the thread with 10 requests in a row. Here's a new one:

Tattoo of the main character/antagonist from Celeste!

• Thanks 1

Social Team · Posted
Gloves

FireHazard51 was awarded the badge 'COLLECT - Systems: Sony PSVR Fullset' and 100 points.

Gloves

TDIRunner was awarded the badge 'COLLECT - Systems: Sony PlayStation 50' and 50 points.

I'm eligible for several badges, but this is the one I'm most interested in.  I'll request the other badges at a later time.

I would like to request the badge: COLLECT - Systems: Sony PlayStation 50

I currently own slightly over 50% of the US PS1 library.  I currently own 719/1,284 of the US PS1 titles.  In addition to that, I also have 53% of the black label jewel case games, 52% of the greatest hits releases, 100% of the collector's editions and twin packs and 39% of the long boxes.  I even have a small collection of Japanese imports.

Maybe some day I can upgrade my badge to the gold version.  

20231219_185214.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 4

Gloves

Hammerfestus was awarded the badge 'COLLECT - Systems: Sony PlayStation 50' and 50 points.

I feel like a nuisance.

I found this old thread I made 

Has proof of 

50+ PSX games

also you can only see some of them in one of the pics but I swear I’ve got the 50s for PS2 and Wii.

4 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Ok.... Crew.... Give 'ol Glovesy a minute to breathe, maybe? 😅

This whole badge deal has a LOT of different things going on and the system only allows one badge at a time.

@MiamiSlice I know you're stoked, but maybe add one per day/week for the first bit to let everyone get caught up....? 😆

No way!

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1