IGNORED

User Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

OK! All posted up. I may have forgotten something somewhere, but that's where I call you all testers and accept that perfection is an impossible goal to strive for.

There are a few more Badges to add, but I wanted to get this out while I have the time. 

Big thanks to the rest of the staff for their feedback and work on getting these together. It's been a big endeavour with there being so many Badges, especially with tying them into the User Ranks system as well.

Feel free to request Badges in the other thread, but please maybe for now one or two at a time so we can give the system a go with more people. Might be a bit slow to start.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

That list is loooong.  Very nice.  Appreciate all the effort it must have taken.  I like the sub level Badges for 50+ because it means I’ll get some.  I have 0 full sets.

We figured it's nice to have one for like "I'm a completionist" and one for "I'm really into this console", for the rest of us.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, RH said:

Ok, at the end there are “Play” badges.  These are not the participation badges.  How do you earn them (and I’m sorry if I missed that.)

You just claim “Hey man, I play NINTENDER tapes!” and get the badge?

I had a reply typed up, then the power went out lol. 

The descriptions for these are listed on the page, above the list of icons. They should be something like "beat 25+ games on the console" and "beat 25+ games in the genre". 

It's INTENDED to be like, maybe you pick some badges to actively go for and pick and choose, cuz maybe you like that genre or console a lot and wanna share that with the world via a badge on your profile. 

Not to say you can't go and earn a ton of them or anything, please feel free if you wanna challenge yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted

What should the criteria be for "beating" a score-based game like Asteroids or Space Invaders? A specific point-total / clearing a full round / rolling the score?

I'm looking to earn the PLAY badge for Atari 2600, but I don't how to classify how many games I've "beaten".

Also, for games with difficulty selection, do we have to beat it on "standard / normal" for credit, or is "easy" mode acceptable? And what about using stuff like the Konami code / turbo controllers?

[T-Pac]

• Like 1

Whoa mama!

Well done! Lots of work for that, so thanks for the hustle!

Artwork is incredible too @T-Pac!  The Rankings are awesome, and then all the badges????

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

And although I have no idea of what about 90% of the baubles.... eerrr.... badges are, I now strive to get some.

I want some flair! 😎👍

(My one critique is to possibly rearrange the Rank picture and put it UNDER the personal avatar like in the picture in BlackVega's post above. I did say that before, so not trying to nag 🤗 ... But no matter what, great work!

Ps. Although I like being a Theif.... LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LOVE, WOW!, AGREE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, EYEROLL, THANKS, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE, LIKE! 😅

Edited by AirVillain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

How do we see our own badges and the badges other people have received? I think there used to be another drop-down where you can check Activity and feedback but I don’t see an option anymore. I’m also on mobile 99.99% of the time. 

I wanted to wait to ask, but I couldn't find that either.  It's not under our names/badges nor could I find that info on people's profile page.

I was going to give it time.  I also checked your profile first because you were the first to ask for a badge.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

What should the criteria be for "beating" a score-based game like Asteroids or Space Invaders? A specific point-total / clearing a full round / rolling the score?

I'm looking to earn the PLAY badge for Atari 2600, but I don't how to classify how many games I've "beaten".

Also, for games with difficulty selection, do we have to beat it on "standard / normal" for credit, or is "easy" mode acceptable? And what about using stuff like the Konami code / turbo controllers?

[T-Pac]

1) Tyyyyyypically those games come with a leaderboard on them. If such exists, I'd say beating the top score or even just getting onto the board could be considered "beating" it.

2) Any difficulty mode is fine by me, personally. It's not about challenging yourself per se, it's about playing games, period. Just gotta see them through to "the end". A bad ending in Silent Hill is fine, not seeing the "true boss" in a shmup is fine, etc..

3) If you need assistance to beat a game, e.g. a turbo controller, that's fine with me. Again, not a competition.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

How do we see our own badges and the badges other people have received? I think there used to be another drop-down where you can check Activity and feedback but I don’t see an option anymore. I’m also on mobile 99.99% of the time. 

They'll be visible once I start handing them out.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Got it. I updated my request post with other pics for the others I requested. Thanks for all the hard work from you and everyone else who helped bring this to us!

Funnily, it looks like I can only award 1 Badge per post. Seems the system didn't expect situations like ours. Gonna look into it further, but I may just use extra posts found elsewhere to award these initial Badges.

Ok, two questions.  First, can we get Action Max badges?  I still need Blue Thunder, but I have every intention of getting that one one day.  If I ever see it again.

Question 2-- Would it be difficult to factor in transactions and positive trade feedback into the XP system?

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

3) If you need assistance to beat a game, e.g. a turbo controller, that's fine with me. Again, not a competition.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

This is great, turbo controller specifically, now I will at least have chance to get to 25. 😎👍  I now have a new life goal. 😅

I also enjoy how the "Collect" badges have the 50 options. Love me some purple badges!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, RH said:

Ok, two questions.  First, can we get Action Max badges?  I still need Blue Thunder, but I have every intention of getting that one one day.  If I ever see it again.

Question 2-- Would it be difficult to factor in transactions and positive trade feedback into the XP system?

1. I don't see why not. Let us know when you've earned it so we have some breathing room from the initial release.
  2. Might be, I'll look into it.