IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Ninja Gaiden 2

BeaIank

9 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I catch a break everyday. I wake up and get the chance to play Nintendo tapes. 

Good point. I'm probably going to take a break for the next few weeks. Ski or Die and Solomon's Key would probably just be participation points for me anyway. With the bye week in between, that gives me three weeks to enjoy some time outdoors.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

You sunuva bitch! 
I wanted my 303 score to get third place this week 😂

Well done fella!

Everything fell into place once I found the better point pressing location. I also have a good idea how Gloves got his score.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Please beat Glovsies score 😂

I _think_ I know what he's doing. I found a point pressing location where I'm getting about half what he got, so he must be quickly killing two of these enemies instead of one. But I wouldn't be surprised if he said that I'm totally off base.

3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I _think_ I know what he's doing. I found a point pressing location where I'm getting about half what he got, so he must be quickly killing two of these enemies instead of one. But I wouldn't be surprised if he said that I'm totally off base.

Just ask him. He will tell all he knows.😂

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

You're totally off base.

• Haha 2

Finally got a score in. I was not breaking my own rule of not posting til sunday. I just never got a good enough run to finish out boss 2 after racking. 1st run today somehow got a life restoring item right before going up the stairs to him. No clue how I was able to do that but never got the item the 10 runs before

20230618_122811.jpg

• Like 1

MINIATURE SKINNIATURE SCOREBOARD   VOL. II

G-wuv       546,800

P(ng)II       368,900

M.akisu B.ushido D.aisho       321,800

RichardWeed       303,300

Holder-Skolder       257,400

Bushido Neko Doug       227,800

G.aiden Type       142,600

Stupendous James       132,100

Rouge-Worm       123,600

Lurking-In-Shadows-Like-Ninja-This-Year       [waiting to post late score in VIP reserved space]

IT'S SUNDAY IN THE PM WITH LESS THAN 9 HOURS UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD!  CURRENTLY: IN 1ST PLACE THE MYSTERIOUS AND IMMACULATE GLOVES!  IN 2ND PLACE THE WORLDS CLASSIEST BARFING CAT, PII!  IN 3RD PLACE EVERYONE'S FAVORITE HEAVYWEIGHT, MBD!  JUST AROUND THE 300K BEND IN 4TH PLACE, (some say he's a bit of a dick, I say nah what are you smokin'? he's tokin' and a complete) RICHARDHEAD!  ROUNDING OUT 5TH PLACE, THE SKOLDER OF HOLDERS, NESFIEND!  BUT WAIT, KNOCKIN ON THE DOOR IN 6TH PLACE, HE'S ALWAYS DONE FOR THE WEEK AND THEN POSTING ANOTHER SCORE, IT'S BEARCAT!  IN 7TH AND 8TH RESPECTIVELY WE HAVE THE O.G.- TYPE! ALONG WITH THE MOST GENEROUS MAN IN THE WEEKLY, SUPER JIM!  AND POWERED DOWN AND COASTING WITH THE WIND IN HIS HAIR LIKE HE JUST DON'T CARE IS TAPEWORM!  FINALLY THE ORIGINAL SHADOW-MASTER HIMSELF, MORBO! LURKS IN THE SHADOWS PERHAPS READYING TO REARRANGE THE TOP 5 AS HE SEES FIT... stay tuned.....

Edited by PII
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Whoa whoa whoa! @PII comes in cramping my style and gets a thank you and there funny…..

im hurt 💔 really I am.

Cramp nothing.  Wiz tried to fill in for you.  Then Morbo convinced him to appropriate your style.  Then I stole the whole works from him.  At least with me you get proper Progenitor Cred. in the title!  

Edited by PII
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Would I be funny for sending these shitty wings back to the kitchen? 
these are the worst wings I’ve ever had.

How can they be dry and undercooked?

What's this?  Is someone 'Cramping Skinny's Style' with their own random-ass Story....?

Anyway, that is weird, both dry and undercooked.  Ideal would be to complain, get money back; continue eating wings...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PII said:

What's this?  Is someone 'Cramping Skinny's Style' with their own random-ass Story....?

Anyway, that is weird, both dry and undercooked.  Ideal would be to complain, get money back; continue eating wings...

This is a random skinny story.

I paid for them and sent them back. I won’t eat this garbage.

I also won’t make a fuss and ask for money back. It’s not the servers fault they serve freezer burned food. 

27 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

This is a random skinny story.

I paid for them and sent them back. I won’t eat this garbage.

I also won’t make a fuss and ask for money back. It’s not the servers fault they serve freezer burned food. 

Ah, at last it all becomes clear.

You did the right thing.

...Take the high road, baby...

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.37.04 PM.png

• Haha 1

Okay, I spend a couple of hours with this, and I've got to say: I really hate point-scumming  competitions 🤮   Wouldn't furthest progress on one life have been waaaaaaaaaay more fun and interesting, not to mention more challenging?  Then highest score could have been used as the tie-breaker if multiple people made it to the final boss screen or some other section.  Am I crazy here or do all y'all just love the shit out of killing the same jumping ninjas over and over and over again ad infinitum?  Hello?!?  Bueller??!?!?!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Okay, I spend a couple of hours with this, and I've got to say: I really hate point-scumming  competitions 🤮   Wouldn't furthest progress on one life have been waaaaaaaaaay more fun and interesting, not to mention more challenging?  Then highest score could have been used as the tie-breaker if multiple people made it to the final boss screen or some other section.  Am I crazy here or do all y'all just love the shit out of killing the same jumping ninjas over and over and over again ad infinitum?  Hello?!?  Bueller??!?!?!!!!

I’d rather spend a couple of days “point-scumming”  than spend a week of playing just to get my ass kicked by the same people every week.

At this point I’d say participation is key. Even though the top tier players will be the same week after week.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

@Dr. Morbis

You played for a “couple of hours” to get your last minute score. My score took me more than a couple of hours to get.
Tell me why any of us should play against you at this point.

I spent less than 2 hours total playing Ninja Gaiden this week. 😄

• Haha 1