G-wuv       546,800

P(ng)II       359,300

RichardWeed       303,300

G.aiden Type       142,600

Stupendous James       132,100

Bushido Neko Doug       114,600

Holder-Skolder       [holdin'...., go figure]

M.akisu B.ushido D.aisho       [also presumably holdin']

Lurking-In-Shadows-Like-Ninja-This-Year       [waiting to post late score in VIP reserved space]

Rouge-Worm       [too busy applying makeup to post early or often]

I like the Nick name. 
I also like my score. 303 is the original denver area code.

Definitely keeping that one.😂

26 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I like the Nick name. 
I also like my score. 303 is the original denver area code.

Definitely keeping that one.😂

The funniest part for me is that I actually know a guy with that name for realz.

I was immediately envious of your 303 score because I like this song, but like the nickname I think it is also very fitting for you.  😸

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PII said:

The funniest part for me is that I actually know a guy with that name for realz.

I was immediately envious of your 303 score because I like this song, but like the nickname I think it is also very fitting for you.  😸

Love that song.

I wasn’t gonna smoke tonight.  But now I’m gonna get high as fuck and play Ski or Die.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NESfiend said:
9 hours ago, PII said:

Lurking-In-Shadows-Like-Ninja-This-Year       [waiting to post late score in VIP reserved space]

Lol I assume this is me? 

C'mon, that is so Morbo!  You are so the "Holder-Skolder!"

....come to think of it, if you had not just established yourself as the "Holder-Skolder" you might have been the "Even-More-In-The-Shadows-Mo-Fo!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

Put skinny on the board! 
going to the dirt track to watch sprint cars this weekend! 
mill see you guys next week!

somebody give the human calculator a run for his $$$!!!

My score won't be great. I'd be thrilled to even hit 300k.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

If anyone wants the method they need only ask. 😉

If I tidy up everything I'm doing I can still get a bit of score improvement, but that would still leave at least 150k on the table and I can't seem to figure where you're getting it.  If I was any good at slash climbing that would make another small improvement, but not nearly enough.  I'm currently farming/burning on level 1 and or on the Train so figure you must be farming some spot after that additionally, presuming you're going about things in a similar way as myself.  My best guess would be that you're able to efficiently farm the beginning of the second wind area with a handful of enemies/orbs...  You've already said you're not taking advantage of shadow ninjas to do it...  so, what's the secret?

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, PII said:

If I tidy up everything I'm doing I can still get a bit of score improvement, but that would still leave at least 150k on the table and I can't seem to figure where you're getting it.  If I was any good at slash climbing that would make another small improvement, but not nearly enough.  I'm currently farming/burning on level 1 and or on the Train so figure you must be farming some spot after that additionally, presuming you're going about things in a similar way as myself.  My best guess would be that you're able to efficiently farm the beginning of the second wind area with a handful of enemies/orbs...  You've already said you're not taking advantage of shadow ninjas to do it...  so, what's the secret?

I get over 3-400k in level 1, that certainly helps.

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, PII said:

You're getting 130k - 150k on just the first section of level 1?  So, total level 1 score would be in the 360k - 400k range?

Bout there, yeah. Been a few days since I played (I've not done since I posted my current score) so memory is hazy on specifics re: score. I'm confident I could pick up a controller and easily get a 500k+ score though.

12 hours ago, PII said:

C'mon, that is so Morbo!  You are so the "Holder-Skolder!"

I was actually planning to go nuts this week since it's a really good game and I'm a platform guy, but I ended up getting a new (to me) pinball on Sunday and have spent most of my free time this week making room in the basement and then setting up/playing it.  I'm gonna spend a good three or four hours on NG2 either tonight or tomorrow, though...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

I get around 130-150k per life burnt on level 1, then 100k before I run to the boss. 2-1 I get around 80-100k, and then I basically just go straight to the boss.

In 1-1 there's the three critters that keep falling on you and that you have to duck to hit, and they're worth 200 points each. I'm guessing you figured out an especially lucrative way to farm there.

Note that even if I'm right, I'm not giving away much, because whatever you're doing is tough to execute.

Edited by mbd39

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

In 1-1 there's the three critters that keep falling on you and that you have to duck to hit, and they're worth 200 points each. I'm guessing you figured out an especially lucrative way to farm there.

Note that even if I'm right, I'm not giving away much, because whatever you're doing is tough to execute.

That's not it, and what I'm doing is easy to execute, just carpal tunnel inducing cuz you have to do it super fast. 

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

That's not it, and what I'm doing is easy to execute, just carpal tunnel inducing cuz you have to do it super fast. 

That's the most lucrative area that I could find in level 1. It's also where this guy farms in this video. I wonder how he missed a more optimal location.

Edited by mbd39

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

That's the most lucrative area that I could find in level 1. It's also where this guy farms in this video. I wonder how he missed a more optimal location.

Yeah he's getting points pretty significantly slower than me. 

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah he's getting points pretty significantly slower than me. 

It's possible he's pacing himself because it's the entire game rather than only first two stages.

Anyway, now that I know there's a better spot I'm going to have to look for it. I have no idea what it would be. There's the throwing star ninjas that pop out of the floor and are worth 300 but I never found a good way to farm them.

Edited by mbd39

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

It's possible he's pacing himself because it's the entire game rather than only first two stages.

Anyway, now that I know there's a better spot I'm going to have to look for it. I have no idea what it would be.

If he's doing it for twin galaxies he's also limited to 5 lives total. I dunno beyond 2-2 whether any higher scoring opps exist. 

21 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Put skinny on the board! 
going to the dirt track to watch sprint cars this weekend! 
mill see you guys next week!

somebody give the human calculator a run for his $$$!!!

I doubt I'd make the top 5 anyway, but it's almost worth playing again just so I don't finish last if you're seriously not playing again.