IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Ninja Gaiden 2

BeaIank

On 6/13/2023 at 4:07 PM, G-type said:
On 6/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, BeaIank said:

You must pick the extra life at 2-2

also, I don't know where this is.

It's located shortly before the 2nd ladder/wall climb, just after you run under an overhang and before a long jump.

Edited by PII

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Imagine doing this for the entire game. That's what playing a Ninja Gaiden game for points is like, and it sucks.

If I was playing just for points I'd have the score at 999,999 on level 1 and call it a day. 

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If I was playing just for points I'd have the score at 999,999 on level 1 and call it a day. 

Yeah. For this game there has to be a rule limiting the amount of lives you can use because it's pretty broken.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Yeah. For this game there has to be a rule limiting the amount of lives you can use because it's pretty broken.

I'm looking at a 550k or so max score range with my method and this ruleset, just need to execute it properly. 

• Wow! 2

11 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Updated my score. I left a good amount of points on the board. This 3rd place finish is yours for the taking @NESfiend

I have a feeling our battle will be for sixth. Not that I am scoring at all, just a classic series and short contest that should draw high participation. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I have a feeling our battle will be for sixth. Not that I am scoring at all, just a classic series and short contest that should draw high participation. 

If Glovsie is saying 550k then yeah…. Sixth place battle it is. 
Unless Doug comes in and beats me by a small amount. I am not playing anymore this week. So it’s all you MANG!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm looking at a 550k or so max score range with my method and this ruleset, just need to execute it properly. 

At this juncture it's hard to imagine what it is that you're doing to get a score like that.  My best farming so far yields about 250 points a second and you'd have to be farming at a rate double that and a hair more for that score.  I've got one idea how it could work but it seems to be too detrimental to be practical...

10 minutes ago, PII said:

At this juncture it's hard to imagine what it is that you're doing to get a score like that.  My best farming so far yields about 250 points a second and you'd have to be farming at a rate double that and a hair more for that score.  I've got one idea how it could work but it seems to be too detrimental to be practical...

Just gotta get those extra ninjas working for ya😜

I’m gonna put the game genie in and use the invincibility code. Then I can f around and find out where the best points exploits are………….ya that’s not likely to happen actually.

pacifist runs are the only straight up rule but fuck that’s a pain in the ass. Eventually it’s like fuck it I want to slash this goblin thing to ribbons already!