IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Popeye

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I got a great run in and still came about 2000 points short of your old score. You should definitely try to play this week.

Nice score! I’m sure a few more runs and you can get 90k.

Who was it wampson spanked me by like 8k? What a legend. I remember thinking I had a shot at the win.

next weeks game is more important to me than this weeks though lol

31 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Nice score! I’m sure a few more runs and you can get 90k.

Who was it wampson spanked me by like 8k? What a legend. I remember thinking I had a shot at the win.

next weeks game is more important to me than this weeks though lol

@Tablew/chairs had 97k and you were second with 91k. Both of those are crazy scores. I probably could break 90k if everything went perfectly, but I don't know how many more shots I feel like taking this week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I don’t remember using any trick of the ledge… what is it?

Standing on the far left edge of the top platform on the third screen. It seems that you are less likely to get hit with a tiger uppercut in that spot although it can still happen. It's not so much a trick as just the best spot to farm buzzards.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Is it really a trick if it doesn't work 100% of the time? It's still the closest possible spot to where the buzzard appears, so there is that.

A trick doesn't equal an exploit. A 360 Olly is a trick, and doesn't break the laws of physics. 

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Reminds of the time I won one from bithead1000 but he gave it to someone else because I didn’t reply in time so I stopped supporting his channel…… 😂

I felt terrible for "Clint" on that day, whoever that dude is. Was that the same thing as this transparent one? I remember it being a badass nes console, but I thought it was painted in some form or fashion

• Like 1