IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Popeye

BeaIank

20 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I think I've figured enough out to get a middle of the road score, but I have no idea how players are getting those 90k+ scores. I'd feel accomplished if I can break 70k.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think I've figured enough out to get a middle of the road score, but I have no idea how players are getting those 90k+ scores. I'd feel accomplished if I can break 70k.

get the hearts, notes, letters while spinach-powered for x2 points. Worth more the higher up you catch them. drop the bucket on Brutus on the bottom level. Burn through all all your extra lives, because spinach and bucket resets.

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, G-type said:

get the hearts, notes, letters while spinach-powered for x2 points. Worth more the higher up you catch them. drop the bucket on Brutus on the bottom level. Burn through all all your extra lives, because spinach and bucket resets.

Definitely burn your lives, but do so on the last level and grind birds. 

1 hour ago, Murray said:

Lol what game is that?

4081258B-A7C5-4F2D-A07E-F5495363E402.jpeg

According to legend it's the circuit board of the only known prototype for an unreleased, never-before-seen Mario/Zelda hybrid game of such great quality the execs at Nintendo determined it could never be released or their customer base would all die of ecstatic chronic happiness.  Can you believe that bastard of a boar snuck into my home and tried to steal it?  So I sicced the Abobo Bros. on him and they WRASTLED him into submission!

In actuality I strongly suspect that it is a copy of "Fester's Quest" that will 100% guaranteed NEVER work EVER again.  And so it became a permanent display piece. 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I should have had a score in the mid 70k range on my last run, but I lost a life on the second screen. Luckily, it's only Monday.

Yeah Blutus sniped me on my last life on level 3 of a run that was easily a 70k. Jerk. 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's probably going to take 90k+ to make the top 3 this week. I don't know if I have that in me. I'd probably be satisfied with something over 75k+.

Yeah I won't be making top 3 in this for sure, and fat chance on the next game. Participation, maaaaaybe touching into top 5 depending on participation.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Yeah I won't be making top 3 in this for sure, and fat chance on the next game. Participation, maaaaaybe touching into top 5 depending on participation.

I'm surprisingly decent at 1943, but I don't know if my old thumbs will hold up to get a really solid score in.

@PII @Murray

You fellers are welcome for the prizes. PII looks like you have quite the collection. 

I've got a few more prize packages planned for this year which will include a sign of some sort in each of them. Maybe a cart or two. Also planning a big grand prize for the champion and for first place overall. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1