IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Popeye

BeaIank

9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Reminds of the time I won one from bithead1000 but he gave it to someone else because I didn’t reply in time so I stopped supporting his channel…… 😂

I figured you would have replied as soon as you saw that you won. No wonder you forget to post scores for the contests! 😂

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I felt terrible for "Clint" on that day, whoever that dude is. Was that the same thing as this transparent one? I remember it being a badass nes console, but I thought it was painted in some form or fashion

I was wondering that too. It seems like the plastic was clear, but it had some kind of custom design to it.

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I felt terrible for "Clint" on that day, whoever that dude is. Was that the same thing as this transparent one? I remember it being a badass nes console, but I thought it was painted in some form or fashion

Ole bitty boy was hand making his out of plexi glass. It was bad ass I was so excited when I watched that episode and heard my name. Looking back maybe I cut ties too quickly. Still I just can’t bring myself to watch it anymore. I still feel he should have gave me more time. I was a regular. If I didn’t respond for a month or two I would have understood. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I figured you would have replied as soon as you saw that you won. No wonder you forget to post scores for the contests! 😂

I did reply as soon as I watched the episode. I just don’t watch them the day they come out. It was like a week and a half old. I mean I got kids and chores and shit man I can’t be waiting on the next episode like a fiend 😂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I did reply as soon as I watched the episode. I just don’t watch them the day they come out. It was like a week and a half old. I mean I got kids and chores and shit man I can’t be waiting on the next episode like a fiend 😂

You need to hit that notification bell and watch the videos the instant they're posted like the YouTubers tell you to do! 🤣

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, PII said:

Thanks! but something tells me it may not be above the current Worm quality score ...      ....hmmm..

Well that knocked me down to second place. I have a feeling this is going to be like Ice Hockey week and it's going to take 90k+ just to finish in the top 3.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well that knocked me down to second place. I have a feeling this is going to be like Ice Hockey week and it's going to take 90k+ just to finish in the top 3.

All my shits packed, so no more scores from me. Happy to participate, it's a pretty fun arcade game. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:
1 hour ago, PII said:

Thanks! but something tells me it may not be above the current Worm quality score ...      ....hmmm..

Nah I haven’t touched the spinach at all this week. I’m playing 1943 every chance I get lol.

t.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Nah I haven’t touched the spinach at all this week. I’m playing 1943 every chance I get lol.

Despite sucking at it, I appreciate the game enough I bought a very pretty CIB copy last year. Otherwise, I would be taking a hard look at this one. Between you and @mbd39 , somebody could grab a nice one for a hundy. No, it isn't my auction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145080471567?epid=233690599&hash=item21c778500f%3Ag%3ATsUAAOSwL29kXwkq&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwO%2Fxn9D%2F3FeUVkIWJin2WdchwNfW3k%2B9jVXSWCpZ%2FSj4iymrSAdWq2zmjitdWSIRU%2B%2FU2c%2BII1V3d8FVXSOV2vXNjtKQ9jsk4IKDBi9GAQTfxXiZRVIXxLrw7%2FA9E9inoyiBIxcGuU0b0bPfSDFEhwvot5CxNqgbqm4Siz8jnxdOrNYxYvB4aEsB7wC9EGg9K6NbjnbuVwRMWe8eGthKFM9Wp7o5i54DXUNZEA8wr53feOHzjJ%2Bqglp6tjruhrQWsA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5qMue6GYg&LH_Auction=1

• Like 1

@NESfiend good looking out. Isolated warrior is #1 on the want list at the moment. There is a nice cib of 1943 local for 60 part of the back of the box got peeled off like scotch tape was removed and some of the cardboard went with it. That’s the only flaw. The rest of the box is super clean. 

Edited by docile tapeworm

42 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@NESfiend good looking out. Isolated warrior is #1 on the want list at the moment. There is a nice cib of 1943 local for 60 part of the back of the box got peeled off like scotch tape was removed and some of the cardboard went with it. That’s the only flaw. The rest of the box is super clean. 

I snagged this bad boy for a hundy plus shippin last year. I got 42 and 43 covered. Now if I could only play them at all proficiently 

20230519_231018.jpg

20230519_231013.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 1:39 PM, docile tapeworm said:

I played a game today and barely broke a million. This game is really tough. I've beaten it once with continues and that last stage has to be one of the toughest of any NES game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I played a game today and barely broke a million. This game is really tough. I've beaten it once with continues and that last stage has to be one of the toughest of any NES game.

I been playing every chance I get and I haven’t gotten passed stage 8 yet. I’ve made it to the last stage but have never been able to get through it all the way.

MINIATURE-SKINNIATURE-SCORE-BOARD

P (Frank Fiegel) II       -       92,120

Bearcat-Hug       -       89,990

Old Salt       -       74,580

G-love       -       70,360

H-type (you've been promoted)       -       64,860

Über-Taekwondo-Slim       -       60,530

R.ookie H.earty       -       14,570

Score-Embezzling-Worm       -      

Score-Embezzling-Anti-Worm       -

Lurking-Potential-SeaDog.....uh..Fiend       -

Edited by PII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PII said:

You missed me... dead last.

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

I been playing every chance I get and I haven’t gotten passed stage 8 yet. I’ve made it to the last stage but have never been able to get through it all the way.

I finished it for the beat every NES game thread a year or two ago. That last level is like one crazy boss rush of battleships. I beat it that one time and haven't been able to do it since. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, PII said:

Due to real world events, I won't be able to play again, so congrats on the win unless @docile tapeworm comes in with a late score.