IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon II

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Writing project that took a lot longer than expected ate up my nights this week. First game back at it. I dont remember these stick smacking guys being so hard. I actually had a lot of power left for the arnold Schwarzenegger guy. Strat to these guys?

20230428_213426.jpg

Uppercut works half the time, other half they whack you with sticks. If you're running low you can switch to literally just punching and they'll walk into it and die. Low points, but more progress. The Arnold guy after these two is easy, you can lure him into jump spin kicks on the wheels of the tank. 

As for me, updated my score with a slightly better one that my last. Haven't played much cuz I'm not a fan of the genre, paired with that I closed on a house this week. So been a bit busy hah. The platforming gets me every time no far, despite having put in some practice on it. Must be nerves. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Writing project that took a lot longer than expected ate up my nights this week. First game back at it. I dont remember these stick smacking guys being so hard. I actually had a lot of power left for the arnold Schwarzenegger guy. Strat to these guys?

Depending on how good you are at pulling off the spin kick, you can sit back and knock them out of the air when they jump at you. 

• Like 1

If you want to play it safe against the stick guys, just do regular kicks and punches. They'll let you get in close and punch them to death. The kick has good range so you can kick them until they're down and then go in and punch. Another good tactic is try or a spin kick, and if you miss, go for an uppercut right as you land.

• Like 1

@SuperJimtendo

Well, I tried to draw an Abobo, but it sorta turned into a Cyborg-Space-Wizard on his way to an Eyes-Wide-Shut Party.  Plan was to fill in the spaces around the eyes with some real neat-o color and give him some skin tone/shading but the former will take some time and I don't currently have the sort of color I'd need for the latter.  So this is the best I've got for a Weekend's work.

ABOBO,(CYBORG-SPACE-WIZARD) 2.0.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PII said:

@SuperJimtendo

Well, I tried to draw an Abobo, but it sorta turned into a Cyborg-Space-Wizard on his way to an Eyes-Wide-Shut Party.  Plan was to fill in the spaces around the eyes with some real neat-o color and give him some skin tone/shading but the former will take some time and I don't currently have the sort of color I'd need for the latter.  So this is the best I've got for a Weekend's work.

ABOBO, (CYBORG-SPACE-WIZARD).png

That would be a great cover for a psychedelic or prog rock album.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Fuck playing this game for score. The spin kick didn't want to work against those ninjas. Nerves.

Tell me about it.  I kicked "Mr. Perfect Dreamboat's" Ass so many times this week without dying and then when I finally make it there without a single death I get the business, because nerves.  I think I prefer the speedrun for this one.  It's always really satisfying to whip through a group of enemies in record time...