IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon II

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That and it's not like there aren't Youtube playthroughs that literally show you what to do.

Yeah I'll go watch a few for sure. Definitely not pulling any punches (heh) in one of my weakest categories. 

I got past that dude, but got killed by Abobo Dododobabobabo. 

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

At least you didn't say Double Dragon 3 is the best of the franchise or I'd think you went crazy.

DD3 is considered to be far harder than the first two and it really isn't other than some BS in the last stage. Most enemies are easily dispatched with spin kicks and they don't even duck it.

Just now, mbd39 said:

DD3 is considered to be far harder than the first two and it really isn't other than some BS in the last stage. Most enemies are easily dispatched with spin kicks and they don't even duck it.

The final boss is ridiculously tough from what I remember. It's been a while since I bothered to play it.

15 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

PII thanks for sharing some childhood memories. It’s awesome.

Glad you enjoyed.  I love seeing stuff like that no matter whose it was, like that copy of Gyromite someone or other had on Ebay forever with no label and a hand drawn magic marker pic of Rob The Robot in it's place giving the finger with the caption "Rob Is A Dick."  lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Gloves said:
52 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The ideal strategy is really simple, but the execution can still be a bit tricky if you aren't used to the controls.

The controls suck lol. The timing on the moves is silly. 

Last Week's Control Scheme For Attack: Hold "B", Aim Good.

This Week's Control Scheme For Attack: Have A Few Drinks, Then Get Into A Headstand.  Hold it without using your arms to brace yourself, then balance a piping hot cup of coffee on one foot and an even hotter cup of tea on the other.  Use hands to steadily rotate body on vertical axis...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:
1 hour ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Everyone knows the original double dragon is better than double dragon2. But the double dragon movie is the best of the franchise. That cartoon probably ranks higher than double dragon 2. 

At least you didn't say Double Dragon 3 is the best of the franchise or I'd think you went crazy.

Double Dragon III isn't just the best of the DD Franchise, It's the Very Best Beat 'Em Up, EVER !

( PII prepares self to be pelted with tin cans, rotten tomatoes etc. )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Everyone knows the original double dragon is better than double dragon2. But the double dragon movie is the best of the franchise. That cartoon probably ranks higher than double dragon 2. 

But part 2 has the added feature of allowing the dragons to be double.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It's definitely making me sleepy, to the point I'm playing games with one eye closed half the time. But I for some reason keep playing instead of succumbing. 

I find melatonin to be kinda hit or miss for me, but it helps to lay down and attempt to sleep instead of playing video games lol.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I find melatonin to be kinda hit or miss for me, but it helps to lay down and attempt to sleep instead of playing video games lol.

I really only find those things useful for helping stay asleep after a night of drinking.

On a normal night (an abnormal night for some) the best thing is simply to have been busy all day, the more hard labor the better; followed by the reading of a book an hour or two before bed.  If reading something you like doesn't make you drowsy, try reading something you don't like or something that takes a lot more effort than you're typically comfortable with.  If you don't like Math read a math book.  If you're interested/not interested in foreign language read an instructional book for that.  Find the set up manual for your stereo or some other God awful dead-boring instruction manual and try to really understand what you're reading.  Works Great.