IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Double Dragon II

BeaIank

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

My hands hurt. 

Just wait till the end of the week.  By then your thumbs may very well be in only a semi-functional state, sloppily attempting to slap A+B with diminishing results.  Not making a joke.  Sympathies extended.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, PII said:

Just wait till the end of the week.  By then your thumbs may very well be in only a semi-functional state, sloppily attempting to slap A+B with diminishing results.  Not making a joke.  Sympathies extended.

It's already sloppy! 😧

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PII said:

I'm biding my time and hoping I can knock out a solid attempt on my first try. I used to be able to get around 160k on a casual run, but it has been a while since I've played this.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

15 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm biding my time and hoping I can knock out a solid attempt on my first try. I used to be able to get around 160k on a casual run, but it has been a while since I've played this.

Bar set, loud and clear.

18 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was gonna play tonight, but my arthritis is already acting up.

Have you tried Mega Dosing Vitamin C while also taking Glucosamine ?  Just Curious.

15 minutes ago, PII said:

Bar set, loud and clear.

Have you tried Mega Dosing Vitamin C while also taking Glucosamine ?  Just Curious.

I haven't tried them together. I take a daily multivitamin and I've tried glucosamine a while back and it didn't do much. A couple of Aleve usually helps as long as its not too bad. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm pretty happy with my 60k so far. I watched a playthrough and see nothing I can't do in one life. Just unlucky in my runs so far and not used to the timing on the platforms that disappear. 

I tried a practice run and got hit by a fireball in mid air and knocked into the spikes. I might give it another shot tomorrow. 

38 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Looks like only 2 people (bearcat and mbd) beat the game one life last year. I like to think I can nail it in a week, so I'll be happy up there somewhere around third place perhaps. Not counting out PII though... Dude can game. 

I doubt I'm going to put up a personal best or anything, but I'll try to get a solid score in this week.

28 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

My runs are terrible today because my timing for the high scoring moves is off. I don't even want to post a score until I get at least 100k.

I was surprised that my timing was dead on when I haven't played this in a few months, but my execution was sloppy to say the least.

11 hours ago, Gloves said:

Looks like only 2 people (bearcat and mbd) beat the game one life last year. I like to think I can nail it in a week, so I'll be happy up there somewhere around third place perhaps. Not counting out PII though... Dude can game. 

I completely forgot that we played this last fall. No wonder I wasn't as rusty as I thought I'd be.

I can break 100k with one life but no way am I getting 160k. I can never hit the special moves consistently enough for some reason. I still don't quite understand the timing for the spin kick no matter how much I practice. If I'm a hair off on my timing it jump kicks instead.